Author Topic: MATURE Fan Question  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Misty

• Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: MATURE Fan Question
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 01:13:21 AM »
I was able to acquire some Ross books, the DS theme album (which I wore out), and all the magazine pictures available, We were living in Texas at the time and since then we moved 7 times. After one of our moves, we stored some furniture and boxes in a warehouse which burned down. The rest is history---literally!
                                                       Misty
" Small things amuse small minds"--------at least my students have been led to believe!

Offline AllMyShadows

• Junior Poster
  • DS Fan All the Way!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2003, 04:56:42 AM »
Now that just about everyone at my school knows I watch soaps (all kinds of them), they tease me half to death. Except when I got them hooked on "All My Children" for a week. As for DS, they laugh senslessly when I talk about it. They refer to it as "that story about the werewolves." Everyone down here refers to soaps as "the stories" (pronounced "thuh stor-is"). "Watching the stories, son?" "I had no idea you watch the stories!" "Oh my god! You are a total geek because you watch the stories." Don't get me started on my "Dynasty"/"Knots Landing" depression. They tease me because I want to see "that show with the rich people" and "that show with the round street." I always remind them that their beloved crap "Beverly Hills, 90210" is a primetime soap also (even though it is worse). But that's another topic.
DS on Sci-Fi
1992-1997, 1999-2003
Let's just hope TVLand picks it up or something like that lol

Offline WileyS

• Junior Poster
  • DS fan and bookaholic :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 02:21:37 AM »
I was not born when the show originally aired......but I was in sixth grade when the revival ran in 1991. A bunch of my friends watched and loved it though none of us knew anything about the original series.

Wiley S.

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 03:22:51 AM »
I was not born when the show originally aired......

Just one more thing I love about this little show!  Ya didn't even have to be around when it was first running to be caught up in it.  Now that to me is Magic.  And I can only think of one other phenom that has a similar magic quality, and all four of those boys have a haircut similar to Barn's!

Can anybody imagine a group of fans of, say, 'rules for dating my daughter' or 'joe millionaire' discussing those shows 30 years in the future?  Or M'n'm or Cristina Jugulara, for that matter?

Determined to take us off topic, as usual,
Ringo

[salmons ready!!!]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2003, 04:13:02 AM »
Determined to take us off topic, as usual,
Ringo

[salmons ready!!!]

Baked, broiled, blackened, pan seared, stuffed, fried, or dishwashered?

Food, my fave. OT! <;), to Fran & Raineypark>

Cheftress and over-eater La Dominga

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2003, 04:33:37 AM »
Grilled!!!

Why do I even try... >:(

(Not so clever) dom

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2003, 09:59:43 AM »
I was around when the show originally aired, but I was very young and terrified of it.  I imagined that the show was nothing more than Barnabas running around and biting everyone.

During that time, my mother and I went shopping at J.C. Penney's and she told me that I could pick out one set of View-Master reels from the toy department.  In a moment of great prescience, I insisted that she buy me the DS View-Master reels!  

Of course, I was afraid to look at the things, so I made my brother look at them and provide me with a detailed description of each frame. Eventually, they became my favorites and over the years, I returned to them, long after outgrowing my other View-Master reels.

I'm happy to say I still have them.

Regards,

John

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2003, 04:21:04 PM »
I had my entire room plastered with Barnabas photos, and Quentin, too, when he first appeared, but Barn was my greatest DS love.  

I collected both sets of bubble gum cards and put together the gigantic posters on the back, painstakingly putting them together with Scotch tape and hanging them on my walls.  Sad to say, I didn't keep those, but I kept plenty of other items--magazines, Josette's music box, the records, comic books, gad, it goes on forever!  Plus I have been collecting more wonderful DS stuff from eBay and other places since 1996, when I decided to give my heart to DARK SHADOWS again--with the help of the internet!

I think I will always, to some degree, remain a DS fan.  It's in my blood and I can't shake free--nor do I want to!

Love, Robin