Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0683  (Read 865 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0683
« on: November 26, 2008, 09:02:52 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0683
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 09:25:33 AM »
Kinescope today.  It felt like an old movie, and I enjoyed it a lot.  I was reminded that the foyer/drawing room set was originally designed to be filmed in black and white.

Did we see Sarah's doll with less clothes today?  I couldn't decide.  I'm thinking not, however.

How did Chris know that that box was a child's coffin?  It looked like any old box to me.  And how did Beth move the shovel?  Apparently she has a physical, tangible presence, but I just can't see her going to the toolshed and pulling out a shovel.  I can imagine her getting Amy to do it, but she had something else in mind for Amy to do.

I like the way the hypnosis got Julia and Barnabas absolutely nowhere.  It's nice when not everything yields a clue.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 02:30:23 AM »
I like the way the hypnosis got Julia and Barnabas absolutely nowhere.  It's nice when not everything yields a clue.

I like that too.   The temptation is to write a scene only if it pushes things along in the story, but life isn't like that.   Often an effort leads nowhere.  It helps with suspension of disbelief if you don't know ahead of time they're going to accomplish something (or make things worse!), and without scenes like that one, we would always know.  In fact, we generally don't get scenes like that, adding to an artificial, thin feel to stretches of DS.   That is definitely over when we reach 1897 of course, and that comes any minute now for all the project watchers, right...?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »
Right, Magnus. 1897 is coming soon! [cheer] I believe Episode #700 will be on the Watcher's schedule on December 19th, a mere 3 weeks from now. [winkg] I like how we are getting lots of clues about what happened in 1897 during this time.  [hall2_smiley]

It was a delight to watch how Chris didn't let Amy get away with changing the subject when she tried to talk to him about her trip to Bangor instead of about her statement about "him being alright now". [hall2_rolleyes] Their relationship was very heartwarming. You could tell they genuinely cared for each other. [hug] It's great how Chris talked to Amy at her level, without "talking down" to her. In fact, most of the adults talked to her that way, which was great. [ghost_wink]

I thought it was neat how Julia hypnotized Chris about Beth, and then as soon as Barnabas and Julia left, Beth appeared to Chris! [hall2_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 01:33:24 PM »
The big milestones will be when [spoiler]Roger bellows his defiance as he abandons the house,[/spoiler] and when the words "I Ching" first are heard.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor