Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0668  (Read 1014 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0668
« on: November 05, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0668
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 11:37:17 AM »
Yesterday Carolyn, today Mrs. Johnson...who will be next on David and Amy's little list?

The kids sure are creepy.  My idea of possession is always: somebody else's spirit (or something) takes over you, and you're not aware of what's going on.  Come to think of it, that sounds like what goes on at the standard Dark Shadows séance, in which at the end somebody says, "What happened?"  But David and Amy are aware of the possession and they're willing partners - although Amy, at least doesn't understand exactly what's going on, or she wouldn't have said afterwards, "I don't feel like Beth anymore."  David is evidently more under Quentin's control than Amy is under Beth's.  I'm not sure if there's any David left in there.  It seems strange to me that David is more susceptible than Amy, but maybe Beth just isn't trying.

What must it feel like to take another spirit in as senior partner in your mind?  Put that way, it sounds something like being under a vampire's spell.

What an odd conversation for Quentin and Beth to re-create! Why on earth would they want to remember it? I'm wondering if they had any choice in the matter.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 11:09:49 AM »
I don't like Chris's new haircut. It's too short! [dsapg] He looked much better before.

I thought it was cute when David was going to blow out Amy's candle, found it to be already out, and they both smiled at each other.  [hall2_rolleyes] I think that was a blooper. [signerror]

Even though Amy made up the story about having the nightmare about David's being dead and that she was lonely because so many of her family members had died, there was an element of truth about it. It was quite touching. Indeed, Amy had much sadness in her life.  [hall2_cry]

David and Amy were getting more and more scary by the minute. [hall2_shocked] Yes, indeed, David did seem to be more susceptible to Quentin's influence.

When David and Amy were dressed up in their 1897 garb, [spoiler]they seemed more like Jamison and Nora than Quentin and Beth. I believe the clothes they found were actually Jamison and Nora's clothes. [/spoiler]They looked really cute in those clothes - so grown up.  [hall2_wink]

Maggie sure was easily influenced by David and Amy to lie about their being together. I don't think Vicki would have reacted that way. (Although, when Vicki first arrived at Collinwod, I do remember her being secretive about some things at David's insistance.) I suspect that Maggie may have been eager to please them because she was new to the job and wanted them to like her.  [hall2_smiley]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 01:40:05 AM »
Maggie's own situation with  losing her mother and then most recently Pop, I think, makes her cut the children some slack.  Maggie has lost all her backbone she had as waitress Maggie and has become unsure of herself.  It doesn't ring true to character,  but is oblivously the intent of the writers as KLS plays it that way.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:25:04 AM »
That works.  Maybe a lot of this was reasoned out by the writers, but not spelled out.

Once in a great while, a bit of amusing sarcasm will come out of Maggie, and that shows some continuity, but it didn't happen often enough.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor