Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0655  (Read 1102 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0655
« on: October 17, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0655
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 04:40:07 PM »
Nancy Barrett deserves to be inducted into the Screamers Hall of Fame.  Her screams are so wonderfully free - gushing from her lungs like a waterfall with no noticeable constriction of her throat.

As Julia started to call the police about Amy, I imagined her thinking: "A delusional woman and a missing inmate - it feels just like home!"  And then Joe showed up out of his mind, making Julia's happiness complete, I'm sure.

The slap that Julia delivered to Joe was different from the slaps she gave to Mrs. Johnson and to Cassandra.  Those slaps were straight-armed, and looked capable of knocking somebody off his or her feet.  But the slap to Joe involved just the forearm.  It looked as though it would sting his cheek, but nothing worse than that.  Why was the decision made to slap Joe with less vigor?

The Box was in the upstairs hall at Collinwood as usual today - or was it in fact the Box?  It appeared to be in the same place, but the bedroom door it was next to was Elizabeth's, not Vicky's.  In the Dark Shadows universe, I can only assume that what we believed to be one unique Box was one of a set.  Maybe there were a dozen distributed all over the house - a present to some blissfully newlywed Collinwood couple once upon a time?  Meanwhile, in our own universe, I'm imagining the crew rolling the sets around to get the set for Elizabeth's bedroom attached to the hall set.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
Awhile ago, Elizabeth appeared to be dead, and then she woke up soon after. Julia told Vicki at the time it would happen to her again and admitted she couldn't be sure when exactly they could tell whether Elizabeth was really dead or not. It was only a short time ago, too.

Now, Elizabeth appears to be dead again, and Julia tells Carolyn that her mother's dead. I wanted to scream at her. Did Julia develop amnesia or something? I can't believe she could have forgotten the earlier incident. Or maybe just because Elizabeth didn't wake up immediately after, that's proof that she must be dead...hmm, still don't buy that. Again, Julia had said there would really be no way of telling exactly when Elizabeth would wake up if her claims of being mistakenly pronounced dead did prove to be true.

I wonder...why did Angelique feel she had to come back and put Elizabeth in a death-like trance? Maybe she got bored in hell and told Diabolos "Hey, I'm bored, can I go back to finish what I started to do to my sister-in-law as Cassandra?"

Poor Joe has started to go off the deep end. I always wondered how he managed to get out of Chris' room alive. The gun wasn't filled with silver bullets obviously. Another thing that makes me go hmm....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
At this point, I think Cassandra was in Elizabeth's imagination.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
No, I don't understand what's going on, but I don't think that Cassandra is in Elizabeth's imagination.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:13:45 PM »
Well... Ang had given up on the Cassandra identity some time earlier.   I suppose it would have been confusing to ECS and undermined the damage of the curse somewhat if Ang were to change identities in front of ECS, though....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 05:35:51 AM »
Something somebody said in another topic recently (I can't remember what) stimulated me to wonder if perhaps the continuation of Elizabeth's obsession with death and burial alive had been a nice little bonus from Diabolos to Angelique for ratting on Nicholas - in addition to making her no longer a vampire.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 09:57:57 AM »
Smart thinking, Lydia. That makes perfect sense to me! [hall2_wink]

Wow! I think Joel Crothers had one of his best performances in this episode! He was fabulous as the crazed Joe who was trying to "save" Amy. [clap2] It was very exciting to watch Joe kidnap Amy. I was on the edge of my seat!  [hall_shocked] I love Amy's line, something like, "I don't want to go with you!"

So now Elizabeth has finally "died"! That would be horrifying to appear unconscious (or dead) and really be awake without being able to move or speak or even open your eyes.  [hall2_shocked] This actually reminds me of what I've heard happen recently when patients were having major surgery and weren't really asleep. I'm guessing that maybe this happens to coma patients, also.  [hall2_rolleyes]

Carolyn sure did have a bloodcurdling scream! I think that NB takes the prize for the best screams! [first] It was heartwarming to see Carolyn lie to Elizabeth that Amy was alright. But Elizabeth didn't believe her, and went to see for herself, so Carolyn failed in her quest to make Elizabeth not worry about Amy.  [hall_sad] I don't believe that it facilitated Elizabeth's being "dead but not really dead", because Cassandra would have appeared to Elizabeth anyway, wherever she was.   [devil2]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 06:36:56 AM »
WoW!!!!!

The House of Insanity is what Dark Shadows should be called.

I just loved this one.

Joel Crothers gave an outstanding performance.

I also loved the terrified look on Amy's face!! Priceless.

The last five minutes were so intense. I love Joe getting slap and then Carolyn screaming!! Julia has so much to do, in such little time.  [128]

BTW, did Joel Crothers trip in Amy's Bedroom?? It worked with the scene either way.

I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 01:46:07 AM »
I guess if they did't play out ECS baried alive they would have left us hanging. It was a good way to let us know that Angelique was not going to be away forever.

NB did do a great job. I really wonder why Roger had to be way now?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate