Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0625  (Read 1737 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0625
« on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0625
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:31:56 PM »
Well, well, well, wonders never cease: Jeff told Vicky a little of what was bothering him.  He didn't tell her what he was planning to do, but at least he didn't leave her completely in the dark.

And in Jeff's position, I too would have been quite shaken by that letter.  I don't understand why Vicky never pointed out that Jeff's handwriting was just like Peter's - no, scrap that, she was worried that he would throw another tantrum.  So there he was, unexpectedly confronted with something that turned his world upside down.  I hate to admit it, but I can understand why he canceled the wedding.  It's not good to enter into a lifelong commitment when your whole idea of yourself has just been shaken.

And Jeff's hair looked quite nice today - very neatly combed and clean.

Three points in Jeff's favor, all in one episode.  Amazing!

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:24:55 AM »
Of course, we did not see the wedding guests, but there was one person I wondered about: Carolyn. Where was she? The last episode she was in was #609, when Adam introduced her to Eve. She didn't appear again until episode #635 - another two weeks after this episode. I guess Nancy Barrett must have gone on vacation.  But there was no explanation for Carolyn's absence. I hate it when characters disappear for weeks at a time with no explanation.  [ghost_angry]

It seems to me that Jeff/Peter should have changed clothes before digging up his grave. He was getting his nice tux all dirty. By the way, he looked handsome in his wedding finery with his hair combed into place. [luv]

It was exciting to find the coffin empty... and Roger was a witness! [ghost_shocked] It was fun to watch Roger being his usual disbelieving self as Jeff was ready to open up the coffin. [ghost_cheesy]

I don't think it was a good idea for Vicki to speak to Jeff - it was bad luck! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:53 AM »
I'm sorry about the double post. [signerror] I forgot to mention that I just love the thunder and lightning during the closing credits! [thumb] It made it seem like Jeff/Peter and Roger had just left the graveyard! [ghost_cheesy]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »
I loved the thunder and lightning too.

It seems to me that Jeff/Peter should have changed clothes before digging up his grave. He was getting his nice tux all dirty.
Yes, I kept thinking to myself: "I'll bet that suit is rented and he's going to have to pay for it!"

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:38:57 PM »
And Jeff's hair looked quite nice today - very neatly combed and clean.

I always wonder whether that bump on the back of his head is hair or head.

Are we post-Adam and post-Nick yet?   No, Eve's still on her nightgown overland marathon for Evil.... Until we are past all that, Jeff's supposed to keep Vicki in the dark the same way Barnabas and Julia are.   Okay, he doesn't know Eve's part of all that, and is failing to come up with a way of letting Vicki in on Eve, but... okay, he's a dufus.   

It never once occurs to him that the product of the experiment might actually be walking around later, and that a very strange woman he bumps into with no place there might be she.   Didn't he ever get a look at Eve's face on the slab?

Yes, I kept thinking to myself: "I'll bet that suit is rented and he's going to have to pay for it!"

I'm sure Roger paid for everything, harumphing about the penniless ne'er-do-well who wouldn't take his job offer, knowing he'd get to work up a really big head of outrage after the wedding fell through, because of this or that unspecified thing he was sure Jeff would do to screw it up, and feel even more vindicated, while proving his good intentions to Vicki as regards those warnings he gave her about Jeff that she was so mad at Roger over.   Yes, this was Roger's evil plan.

I'll have to check, but I think you're allowed to open your own coffin/casket (depending on which episode you're watching) in Maine.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »
Didn't he ever get a look at Eve's face on the slab?
No, the bandages were kept on until the last minute so she wouldn't have scars, remember?

I'll have to check, but I think you're allowed to open your own coffin/casket (depending on which episode you're watching) in Maine.
If a man can't open his own coffin, then whose coffin can he open?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 07:32:39 PM »
I think Nicholas made Jeff forget all about the experiment just as he did Carolyn after he caught Angelique trying to bite him in his room, thus explaining why Jeff can't put two and two together regarding Eve.

I wish Jeff had told Eve "Yeah, you may be right, I may be another guy from two centuries ago but I still don't love you and I never will!" I know, knowing Eve, she still wouldn't take the hint, but at least it would have been gratifying to hear him say it.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 04:33:36 AM »
I have two questions. Why can't there be a happy marriage in a soap opera? How can someone dig up their own coffins?

I also liked the ending, why didn't they do that more often?

Roger told the guests, Jeff had to go dig up his grave on his wedding day. He thinks that he is  Peter Bradford.  Vickie shouldn't have let Jeff go on his own.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:10:09 AM »
Roger and Elizabeth were awesome today. I really could tell that they care for Vicki. The three of them really did seem like a family.

The whole time Liz was talking to Vicki, I wanted to Liz to reveal her connection to Vicki. Think about it, then Vicki and Jeff could have mental breakdowns together.  [skull_winks]

BTW where was David. Shouldn't he be running around telling everyone that he is the ringbearer.  [BOO]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
Think about it, then Vicki and Jeff could have mental breakdowns together.
They could have the honeymoon suite at Windcliff!

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
Well it does seem the rich and famous of Collinsport spend their vacations there. [91a2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 05:06:29 AM »
Once again, a character is able to singlehandedly lift a coffin out of a 6-foot deep hole, after of course digging through all that dirt with a simple shovel.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 09:50:21 AM »
It's a special "E-Z-Lift" coffin.  You pay a little extra for it, but in the long run it's worth it.