Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0585  (Read 1918 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0585
« on: July 11, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0585
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:39:10 PM »
Rats, no fights between Maggie and Willie today.

I'm wondering if today was the first day that Barnabas has been really concerned about Julia for herself, rather than for some service she was supposed to perform for him.  I imagine that saving her life a couple of weeks ago may have made him care for her more than he did previously.

I liked the scene between Vicky and Roger, but I'm a bit puzzled by it.  I don't see what purpose it served.  It did notify us that even though we haven't seen Elizabeth in a while, the Fear of Being Buried Alive storyline hasn't been dropped, but I shouldn't have thought the writers deemed that necessary.  I've never noticed them worrying about that sort of thing before.  Oh, well, maybe they just threw the scene in to please me.

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 08:49:10 PM »
With each passing episode, I feell more and more sad for poor, bewildered, misguided Adam.

I was pleased Julia went against Barnabas's wishes and finally told Adam the truth about the delay in the experiment.

I agree with you, Lydia, the scene between Vicki and Roger is nice.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:10:28 PM »
I'd feel more sorry for Adam if he wasn't constantly threatening to kill Vicki and the whole Collins family all the time. I can sympathize with him wanting someone to love him and care for him, but the way he's gone about it is wrong. I know it's Nicholas who's manipulating him, but nonetheless Adam's constant temper tantrums and threats irritate me to no end.
[ghost_angry]

Shame on him for trying to kill Vicki! I mean, sheesh, it's not like Maggie is the ONLY woman in the world to be able to provide the life force for his mate. I just about lost all my sympathy for Adam in here. [ghost_tongue]

Lydia wonders if this was the episode that Barnabas started being concerned about Julia. I say he already has proved he cared for her when he saved her from the clutches of vamp Tom. I know some will say he only did that so that she would be well enough to perform the experiment, and it probably was one of the reasons....but the scene between the two of them after he has returned from destroying Tom was one of the most warm and touching scene between them, I thought.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 09:51:35 AM »
As several people, including me, have said before, I am quite irritated by Adam's behavior. [ghost_mad] Adam's insistence, impatience, forcefulness, and especially his obnoxiousness irritate me to no end. He's turning into a big, immature, frightening bully. [ghost_angry]

Lydia wonders if this was the episode that Barnabas started being concerned about Julia. I say he already has proved he cared for her when he saved her from the clutches of vamp Tom. .... the scene between the two of them after he has returned from destroying Tom was one of the most warm and touching scene between them, I thought.
I agree. Barnabas had already turned the corner in how he cared for Julia by this point. I was heartened by Barnabas' continued concern for her in this episode.  [ghost_smiley]

It was pretty exciting when Barnabas raced up to Collinwood and knocked on Vicki's door in an effort to save her from Adam. [ghost_shocked] The idea of Barnabas being a hero certainly was being realized. I also found it to be quite romantic, as well. [love3]

Yes, indeed, the scene between Vicki and Roger was very nice. It showed us that they both cared for Elizabeth's well-being very much. It was quite a dichotomy from how Roger felt about Vicki when she first came to Collinwood. Roger did not want Vicki there when she first arrived. But in this episode, he did want her to stay! He was now thinking of her as a valued member of the family.  [ghost_grin]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »
I liked the scene between Vicky and Roger, but I'm a bit puzzled by it.  I don't see what purpose it served.

To me it served to establish that Vicki couldn't get the time off she'd wanted so she was going to remain vulnerable to Adam's threats. Lucky us.  ::)

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:59:48 PM »
I trying to remember Vicky asking for the time off in the first place.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 05:47:02 PM »
I don't think we saw her ask. But I suppose the writers figured that with everything that had been going on in her life recently, it would have been only natural for Vicki to have asked for time to get away from Collinwood, so they dealt with introducing the issue and dispelling it all in one scene - plus it had the added benefits of providing an update on Liz and chiefly forcing Vicki to stay at Collinwood under Adam's threats. Though like others, I also liked how it showed how Vicki and Roger's relationship had grown from the early days. To say that scene was a far cry from how Roger had treated Vicki during her first months at Collinwood would be an understatement!  [lghy]

It was just a nice little scene in the middle of all the mayhem - something it was unfortunate that in DC's drive for bigger, faster and nearly constant stimulation of the audience, DS didn't do very often anymore.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:26:31 PM »
I too enjoyed the scene between Roger and Vicki....even though he unknowingly kept her in danger by asking her to stay.  [ghost_mellow]

I miss the innocent, childlike Adam. I have really grown to detest, especially after this episode, the mean, bullying, violent Adam. [ghost_angry]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:09 AM »
Lydia wonders if this was the episode that Barnabas started being concerned about Julia. I say he already has proved he cared for her when he saved her from the clutches of vamp Tom. I know some will say he only did that so that she would be well enough to perform the experiment, and it probably was one of the reasons....but the scene between the two of them after he has returned from destroying Tom was one of the most warm and touching scene between them, I thought.

I truly agree. :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
Oh, dear, I wasn't going to argue back on this one, but I think I shall, after all.  What I'm saying is this: Barnabas didn't care particularly about Julia before the Tom Jennings business.  Mostly he wanted to save her because he needed her for the experiment.  But carrying her home to the Old House, and fighting Tom for her, and then being thanked by her -  all those created a connection to Julia that he had not had before.  So what other people are saying here is that Barnabas first cared about Julia and therefore he then saved her from Tom Jennings, whereas I'm saying that Barnabas first saved Julia from Tom Jennings and therefore he then cared about her.  Cause and effect are reversed.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 12:51:31 AM »
We all know how I feel about Barnabas and Julia. It was reinforced today.

I was laughing out load how Adam got outside Vickie's window. I don't remember there being a balcony there. He must be real strong. There is a blooper in this or the next episode depending on how you feel was the right way.

Barnabas used to have to fly to get into the window. Can Adam fly now?

I was thinking that Barnabas would come in through the secret passage. That would have been great. Then everyone would have asked Barnabas how did he know about it.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 03:54:27 AM »
So many bloopers, so little time.  First, we have Jonathan running through what seems like the entire repertoire of female characters on the show before finally alighting on Julia's name.  Then, as stated above, Adam is standing peacefully outside a second-story window as if he were floating on air.

I also found it ironic that Adam would think Barnabas of all people DIDN'T know what it was like to be alone when Barnabas is probably the most love-deprived and unrequited character in all of DS (second only to Angelique, but then she deserves it).  I know Adam probably is not aware of that fact, but the irony still struck me as amusing.

If Barnabas really wanted to be a success at giant-slaying maybe he should have borrowed one of David's slingshots.  That rifle sure did him no good and, frankly, he looked a little foolish holding it.

I, too, liked the scene between Roger and Vickie.  Sometimes my favorite moments in DS have nothing to do with vampires or monsters but are just quiet exchanges between characters.

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 11:05:18 PM »
bored to death with Adam and his threats.  However, he attacked Barnabas, Julia and Vicki and one show, but i felt liked nothing happen.
So if Barnabas kills Adam, does he turn back into a vampire or does Barnabas die. ?? ??

Anyway,  I really wanted to see more of Maggie and Willie today.  [devil2]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books