Author Topic: 1968  (Read 17616 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: 1968
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »
Whereupon Maggie, without missing a beat, says "Or maybe find a place that serves baby food."

I paused the dvd and must have howled (with laughter, not with the dogs) for about five minutes!  ZING!!!!!

I agree - that is a great zinger, Nelson.  [lghy]  One of the final glimpses of the Maggie of old before she became vickified.  ::)

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2007, 04:17:44 PM »
Does anyone else hear the "Jeopardy!" final round music when watching the various characters opening the doors in the dreams ....?
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »
Men!  Especially Jeff Clark....Geez,

[spoiler]his resistance to the idea that he is Peter Bradford is not only frustrating for me, but incredibly insulting to Vicky.  I am just at the point where the ghost of Trask attempts to warn Vicky of Nicholas Blair when Jeff walks in and recognizes him, then gets a headache and blocks it out or denies it happened. Grief, he has no idea who he is, can find no evidence of his existence in the present, and rants about how he has nothing and is nothing, but then refuses to to explore all the options open to him and insults Vicky in the process by is refusal to believe it and claim it as nonsense. Peter at least loved her and accepted who she was, even swore he'd find a way to be with her again.  It seems odd the writers would not have left this inkling in Jeff's mind as well.[/spoiler]
oh, and speaking of which
[spoiler]Interesting bit with Trask's ghost.  I like that while he may be a zealot and a hypocrite and vengeful (Barn's Mock trial), at least he does seem to actually be a "man of God" and able to successfully exorcise and/repel real evil doing witches...He even appears to Vicky to warn her of Blair.  That has changed him in my books as the best and "least corrupt" of the Trask clan.  Good show, reverend.[/spoiler]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2007, 04:33:10 AM »
Stokes to Adam: "You know you're rather lucky in a way... at least you don't have to endure the indignity of listening to lectures by people who are vastly inferior to you."

[spoiler]I'm not sure it was wise for Mrs. J to talk to the Collins family about her hairy johnson.    It probably would have been best to deal with it all quietly, through surgery and electrolysis.[/spoiler]

Jeff: "They've got all of Lang's equipment down here... and all of his instruments.... "  (and all of his booze!--- that's what the hundred beakers of colored liquids always look like to me.)

Tom is one crappy overacting vampire.    He was a millimeter away from going "Bleh!  I vant to suck yor blahd!!"

If sunlight destroys vampires, shouldn't opening the coffin with a window uncovered do that just by itself w/o staking?

Tony P, holding regular Carolyn, then in replay of scene next day, Diana Walker: "Everything has gotten complex, hasn't it?"   Yes... you're cheating on Carolyn with a different Carolyn!

The reanimation equipment... nice beat!  Someone get that on a tape for Captain Hollister!  (That's for arashi.)

"There are many secrets at the great estate of Coillinwood.   Secrets that sometimes demand action... and one of them lies on an operating table in an old house on the estate.   It is a lifeless body which may someday walk.   And on this night, an attempt is being made to bring it alive... but by a man who does not have the right to do it... using a woman who knows she must give life to the body, in order to escape the punishment to which she has been sentenced.   And if they succeed, they will create more terrible problems than they have solved."      Thanks, I'm totally up to speed now!  Written thirty seconds before broadcast, maybe?

Barnabas orders Jeff Clark to "get out!" of the laboratory, then Jeff grabs a little blue pillow off of Angelique's slab, and is about to take it upstairs with him... then thinks better of it, and throws it away.    "Fine, Barnabas... you don't want my help?!  Well, in that case, I'll just take this little blue pillow and LEAVE!!!"   He was considering holding it for ransom, I just know it....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2007, 06:44:21 AM »
"... and one of them lies on an operating table in an old house on the estate.   It is a lifeless body which may someday walk.   And on this night, an attempt is being made to bring it alive... but by a man who does not have the right to do it... using a woman who knows she must give life to the body, in order to escape the punishment to which she has been sentenced.   And if they succeed, they will create more terrible problems than they have solved."

So is THAT how Orville Redenbacher was brought back to life?  ;)

Thanks, I'm totally up to speed now!  Written thirty seconds before broadcast, maybe?

Heh, heh!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »

Did that happen?     Well, good for him!   You can't keep a good man down!

It's sinking in more as the hours go by, what a nightmare of junior high school writing that intro was!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2007, 04:47:07 PM »
[spoiler]Interesting bit with Trask's ghost.  I like that while he may be a zealot and a hypocrite and vengeful (Barn's Mock trial), at least he does seem to actually be a "man of God" and able to successfully exorcise and/repel real evil doing witches...He even appears to Vicky to warn her of Blair.  That has changed him in my books as the best and "least corrupt" of the Trask clan.  Good show, reverend.[/spoiler]

Yeah I must admit as much as I hated the original Reverend Trask, he did redeem himself somewhat after death by [spoiler]going after Cassandra and attempting to do away with her.

But first he had to get that revenge out of his system and bricked up Barnabas! GRRRR!!!!! Hey, I know Barnabas did the same thing to him, but what Trask trying to murder him wasn't for the good of God, it was an act of cold blooded murder, as Julia said. You'd think he'd get that through his thick skull after 200 years!

Well at least Trask did at least attempt to right the wrongs by exorcising Cassandra....too bad Nicholas underminded this by bringing Cassandra back....I guess even in death, Trask's incantations and exorcisms are no match for the power of black magic.[/spoiler]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:08 PM »

Right you are Nelson!  [spoiler]Even Jerry Lacy will point out that of all the Trasks, at least Trask #1 truly BELIEVED he was doing right, he wasn't a hypocrit like the other 2.[/spoiler]

Me personally, I love PT Trask!  Who knew?! [spoiler]A NICE Trask!  Quite a contrast to all the RT Trasks![/spoiler]  ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2007, 11:47:06 PM »
Quote from: Midnite

Did that happen?     Well, good for him!   You can't keep a good man down!

Heh.  Yes, he's in new commercials though he died over 10 years ago.  It was done digitally and is darn creepy.

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2007, 02:15:41 AM »
Yes, he's in new commercials though he died over 10 years ago.  It was done digitally and is darn creepy.

Honestly, I can't believe his family allowed it. It's more than creepy! It's macabre!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2007, 04:19:01 AM »
Yes, he's in new commercials though he died over 10 years ago.  It was done digitally and is darn creepy.

After you die, other people get to own and control you.    Ask Barnabas.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2007, 05:39:44 AM »
I also liked the PT Trask. I kept wanting him (and still do) to go around and profess his love for the Goddess Angelique, and say that he will seek out an evil doers that go against her and punish them as devilworshippers should be punished!

As for the other two...

Rev. Trask circa 1795 was one I wanted to throw in the river with a bag of bricks. His [spoiler]warning Vicki about Nicholas and capturing Cassandra redeemed him somewhat, but I still hate him.[/spoiler]

And as for Greg Trask, I wonder if MJ became a fan during that part of the show?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
This is my first foray into the this part of the show.

Vicky is really irritating me right now. [spoiler]She's trapped in Nicholas' house pounding on the door "help help what's going to happen to me?"  I keep wanting to slap her and shout "STOP WHINING YOU NITWIT!" and what a lovely and deep voice the deputy that came to see Nicholas had.  The hunky one that Ang nearly put the bite on.[/spoiler]

Speaking of slaps,
[spoiler]I loved the one Julia gave Cassandra. :)  I hate to say it but I am finding Nicholas a lot more interesting than Cassandra and I am finding that I am in grudging agreement about how incompetent Cassandra was.  I am glad to see the back of her.  But in a way is also frustrates me.  We've seen Vicky and Maggie watered down to victim status and now even the devious and powerful Angelique is now in Nicholas' power.  I am disappointed that the writer's chose to have Ang dominated by a man. "Pleeeease, Nicholas!"  Argh!  Stop snivilling like Loomis, for pete's sake![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Child-like monosyllabic Adam was getting on my nerves but I have really enjoyed his initial confrontations with Barnabas demanding a woman be created for him.  "Good evening, Barnabas.  I will come in (pushes door open, strides confidently in) and we will talk."  Loved that.  and the whole speech that followed.[/spoiler]

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2007, 06:16:02 PM »
I think that Angelique's turn as Cassandra wasn't one of her more memorable ones. I mean, she did come up with that ingenious Dream Curse plan, but that inevitably failed.

[spoiler]I rather liked Nicholas coming in as Ang/Cass' boss man, to put her under his thumb. It really added character to the show (not only with actually ADDING a character, but HAA was priceless in his portrayal) and gave something extra to Cassandra, someone for her to answer to, and made her attempt to step up her game. Not to mention the fact that later when Nicholas turned Ang into a vampire and then refused to let her go bite Barnabas right out of the gate, that really created some tension between them. Ang really hated being Nicholas' lapdog that led him to Maggie, and when she eventually went against what he told her to do, it provided some great scenes.[/spoiler]
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2007, 06:57:32 PM »
Ah, those were the days.  I love how they talk about Joe having to be in the hospital for "weeks."  In today's post-HMO world, you'd get - "How many fingers am I holding up?  One.  Right!  Send him home!"