Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0902  (Read 472 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0902
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »
Robservations #902

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0902

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:19:36 PM »
Dennis Patrick VO?  More flashbacks to 1966... David says something like, "Sometimes I wish I was an orphan.  Fathers can be so much trouble sometimes."  Yes, you have to learn to be an amateur auto mechanic just to deal with them...  Why does David need all the cash he can find?

There's an intruder in Collinwood.  We are only shown his shoes.  Liz gets to chew out Paul again.  By Sam Hall.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 08:21:01 PM »
Yup, DP voiceover, possibly the only one he ever did--?

Welcome, Unknown Man! You won't stay that way for long.

And welcome, heavy-breathing baby Leviathan!

Here's why David needed all that cash: As Elizabeth leaves the Inn, she spots David, with a flat box under his arm, quietly entering the antique shop. She hurries after him and tells Megan she saw him come in. The box from Brewster’s is on the desk, but Megan says, David isn’t here, and the box is mine. Elizabeth wants to look around the shop for David, but Megan insists he isn’t here. You don’t mind if I look for him, do you? Elizabeth asks. I’m sure I would have heard him, Megan replies and dashes around to block Elizabeth’s path to the stairs. In full Mistress of Collinwood mode, Elizabeth says imperiously, Mrs. Todd, I'm sorry. I realize that this is an imposition. Surely you understand that a child cannot go running around Collinsport at all hours! Shall we look for him now? Megan gives in and leads the way upstairs.

The baby’s room is filled with the sound of heavy breathing as David walks over to the cradle. It's all right, he tells the cradle’s unseen occupant. I brought you what you need. I will always look out for you. You know that. It is my duty. You will like what I brought you. I know you will. His aunt hears his voice and calls to him, I know you’re here! The breathing stops as David, now frightened, presses his ear to the door as Elizabeth continues to call to him........

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
And welcome, heavy-breathing baby Leviathan!

I'm starting to follow what David was doing now, I guess.  So he made a random book purchase at Brewster's, and brought it to the antique shop to substitute for the Book, so he could claim he returned it, while he continued to study the real Book at home...?

The baby’s room is filled with the sound of heavy breathing as David walks over to the cradle. It's all right, he tells the cradle’s unseen occupant. I brought you what you need. I will always look out for you. You know that. It is my duty. You will like what I brought you. I know you will.

In the redo, I pictured David's gift for the creature-baby's welfare being an inhaler...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:01 PM »
We find out in the next episode or two what David bought at Brewster's. Unfortunately it wasn't an inhaler, but that's pretty funny, MT.   [snow_laugh]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 10:03:41 PM »
Thanks DL...