Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0325  (Read 939 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0325
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Robservations - #325

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0325

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:33:30 PM »
Barnabas smiles a very crocodilian smile when he apologizes to Elizabeth for failing to reform Willie.

I'm just as glad I didn't see this when the show was first being aired. Even though I was a teenager, I'm sure the ending would have given me nightmares!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »
Seaview gets a mention. The lawyer is working on it.  I'm curious as to when this was supposed to unfold and  what the plans were for the story.
Elizabeth says David is afraid of Barnabas for no reason. Now Barnabas should run with this and set it up to make David look like he is lying at every chance he gets so that if he does spill at some point no one will believe.  Barnabas confronts David about the secret room and her family. David dreams of a faceless woman with a medallion in a two piece suit. Now who could that be. another black and white episode. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:59:13 AM »
Alexandra does the opening voiceover. So far so good.

I so wanted to know how Liz looked in color. Vicki too.

Do you suppose that David was sleepwalking in the opening scene?

Still hearing private thoughts...okay...if you insist.

I'll have to google Drawing Room.

Gotta admire Liz as she is always one to take the bull by the horns as in going to confront Barn on why David is afraid of him.

Favorite line: Barnabas - "And besides, at times as depressing as this, one can be grateful for the company of...two beautiful women."

Bennett made heavy use of the teleprompter as did Frid to a lesser degree. I am tempted to keep count of Barn's bangs points.

I really think Liz would have waited outside David's door, or at least I would have hoped so.

My second favorite line: Barnabas to David - "It's not polite to answer questions with questions."

Dang, Barn let it all hang out with David. It was a bit surprising to me. You would think that Barn would wait to get David in a more secure setting in case either of them went off the deep end. But I guess being Barn knows that David was in the secret room of the mausoleum and that David has kept that info to himself so far, Barn felt he could risk the confrontation.

I am not clear on David's dream. They always make it look as though Barn is inducing these dreams to scare David but the dreams don't really make sense in that line of reasoning. And then, also, one never knows just how much ESP David has either. Maybe his supernatural subconscious is responsible - not Barn, and not Sarah. I think the dreams make sense as warnings. What the heck, maybe it's Laura guiding her son from her 100 year vacation residence.

This ep. was okay, I didn't like David's dream, though it was effective. I did get goose bumps from it.

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:16:09 AM »
The dream looks like something out of "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari," so the black-and-white was actually more effective than the original color would have been.

David's fear of Barnabas seems to be confirming everything Burke suspected about him earlier, yet Vicki is unable to make the connection (not to mention Willie worked for him). In fact, she suggests to Liz that Burke be brought in to talk to David about his Barnabas fixation. Wouldn't she be afraid that Burke would only reinforce David's suspicions?

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 08:06:20 AM »
I guess Vicki's an optimist - believing Barn's harmless and trusting Burke's good standing with David to be able to pull him out of it - and I guess having faith in Burke to do the right thing.