Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #174  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: ShadowGram Update #174
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 11:00:34 PM »
Exactly, Charles.  The enforcement of one per person is also a time consideration given the abbreviated weekend.   Jonathan simply cannot sit for six hours signing autographs either.   He has a marvelous constitution and is pretty amazing for someone his age, no question, but it is good to remember he's in his 80s and some situations are simply too exhausting.  He will be more wired than normal coming into this event though as he is looking forward to it.
Nancy

Well, given Jonathan's age, it makes sense that he'd limit it to one signature per person.  Let's just be grateful he came back to the Festival this year!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 11:03:55 PM »
If a fan gets pushy about this, they stand to get treated to the Fridster getting angry.  Never a good thing to be on the receiving end of.  He can be quite intimidating even without a cane or fangs. >:D

Hmmm - perhaps someone should actually provide Frid with a replica Barnabas cane. That way he wouldn't even have to say a word - all he'd need do is glance in the cane's direction and any pushy fans should have visions of Willie-beatings dance through their heads.  :D

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:31:03 PM »
Each story is told in at least 3 episodes, so I guess it is right.

Ah, I see.

"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 03:48:42 AM »
Gee, I just hope people will be glad Jonathan has agreed to come this year, and not try to violate the rules of one autographed photo per person.  Considering Jonathan has already had to sign more than 800 photos, I would hope people would be grateful that Jonathan is generously offering to personalize the photos--that could be up to another 800 names he might need to write.  As for me, I am just glad Jonathan will be at the event...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 11:02:02 PM »
somehow i knew that diana millay would end up at this event come hell or high water...and god bless her for it.i wonder if she has a new book to offer?i just don't need another copy of "the power of halloween".

besty durkin turned out to be a total sweetheart at last year's fest but frankly her recent involvement in this and other d.s. related events has me a bit puzzled.she only portrayed victoria for a few weeks and from what i "understand" the recast was not judged a success at the time and hence the character was abruptly written out all together.

what's more her book "how to dress the man you love" has somewhat limited appeal in the context of the event.it's about how to dress your husband/boyfriend in classically tailored clothing.
i don't know how big a seller that's going to be the second year going...as nice as betsy is i can't justify that purchase.no hubby to dress. :P
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.