Author Topic: if it kept snowing at Collinwood What would happen.  (Read 3803 times)

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: if it kept snowing at Collinwood What would happen.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 03:14:34 AM »
They could always asked Cassandra Blair Collins to warm things up with her connections.
Maybe at Collinwood there was a hot air vent to Hell? Many of the Devils minions seemed
to show up there.

Speaking of Barnabas having a very hairy problem.  Would we call them at Vampwolf or a
Werepire?
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 08:38:43 AM »
Maybe at Collinwood there was a hot air vent to Hell?
Aha!  So that's why it never snowed at Collinwood!

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »
Since Collinsport is located by the sea, there is a limited amount of snow to be expected. I believe it has something to do with the 'gulf stream'.  I recently caught a little bit of a movie called 'Cube2'. It's a sequel to 'Cube'.  I didn't see the first one but there is a discussion on Parrallel Time in 'Cube2'.  One of the stars in 'Cube 2' is the actor who played a vampire on a Canadian series called 'Forever Knight'. 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 09:41:24 AM »
Since Collinsport is located by the sea, there is a limited amount of snow to be expected. I believe it has something to do with the 'gulf stream'.
I have a friend who has lived in coastal Maine for years, and she is quite excited about the new snowblower she just bought.  But then, I see from your profile that you live in the midwest, Miss_Winthrop, so I figure anything under six feet is small potatoes to you.  I hope you didn't get slammed too hard in the recent storm.

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2007, 03:44:21 PM »
     I live in Maine and it snows and snows and snows.  Coastal Mainers get plenty of snow.  One year there was so much snow piled up the bus driver could not see my son waiting at the bus stop.  I live twenty minutes from the coast.  It can snow off and on from the end of November to the end of March.  We are expecting a blizzard this weekend and the snow on the ground in my backyard is up to my knees now.  Unfortunately, it has been too cold and the snow too fluffy to make a snowman.  I will not see grass or flowers until June so yes we do have snow in Maine.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »
I guess Stephen King wasn't kidding around when we wrote Storm of the Century[ski]

Gerard

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 01:36:16 PM »
New England winters are a different type of horror altogether.  Mrs. Johnson would have sure that the pantry was well stocked. People probably would have been able to get from Collinwood to the old house and back. But the roads into Collinsport might not get plowed right away. Side roads do not get done as quickly as the main roads and are seldom maintained the same way. So Roger might not be going to the cannery for a bit. More importantly, he wouldn't be making any trips to the Blue Whale either.  [snow_shocked]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 10:28:07 PM »
I remember several of the Marilyn Ross DS novels took place during snowstorms & the characters would be essentially stranded on the estate. The characters would go back & forth between Collinwood & the Old House, but were unable to use the roads going into the village. I always liked those DS novels - the wintertime atmosphere was always very effective.

Do you remember any titles in particular? I've been wanting to try a couple of these, and I'd love to read some snowy/wintery ones -
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 12:34:11 AM »
The only one I can remember off the top of my head (and I'd check but mine are 2400+ miles away from me at the moment) is #31 Barnabas, Quentin and the Hidden Tomb. I think there's even a skating party in that one. Oh and # 18 Barnabas, Quentin and the Nightmare Assassin. I think that one takes place in January? Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 08:39:38 PM »
thanks, Arashi, I'll pluck those off the shelf tonight  [ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey