Author Topic: Confusing  (Read 899 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Confusing
« on: June 26, 2002, 04:26:07 AM »
I just sent MB an e-mail.
It told me I had 11 messages in my OUTbox (which I don't know where it is...don't they go away when I send them?)
So the pop-up window asked me do I want to go to my IM box (non-sequitar, non?) I clicked yes, but the only thing in any box is a message (which I'd already read but didn't want to disgard) from MB about the archives.

Did you MB, get my message?

How do I go clean out my outbox??? And what's the difference in outbox and IM box?

Thanks,
Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Confusing
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2002, 08:56:23 AM »
It told me I had 11 messages in my OUTbox (which I don't know where it is...don't they go away when I send them?)

No, every time you send a message it gets stored in your Outbox.

How do I go clean out my outbox??? And what's the difference in outbox and IM box?

The Outbox contains messages sent, and Inbox (not IM box) is messages received.  You're allowed to store up to 10 in each; if there's more in either of them, the oldest is automatically deleted to make room for the new one.

When you first open your Instant Message page, it's your Inbox that's displayed.  Click on Outbox to make that come up, and then you'll see a listing of the last 10 messages that you've written and sent.  Click Empty Outbox to make them all go away permanently, or you can remove them selectively same as you can with your Inbox.

Hope that helped, Patti!

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2002, 01:41:11 PM »
Thanx, Midnight. Now I know why that sign would pop up and tell me I had all these messages but when I checked, nothing was in the "IN" box.
They are all deleted now.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2002, 10:16:00 PM »
Did you MB, get my message?

Yes, I did, Patti - and I'll certainly try to hunt up what you asked for as soon as I get the chance. :)