Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0508  (Read 1148 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0508
« on: July 25, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
Robservations #508

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0508

(And remember - there was no episode aired on Thursday, June 6, 1968 because of a report on the assassination of Robert Kennedy. Ep #509 was bumped to Friday.)

Online MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »
Elliot can go to sleep in mere nanoseconds, even sitting up in a chair in a brightly-lit room.  This is his superpower.   David Ford seems uninvested in being Sam now.   Weird noise in his house, supposed to be the wind I guess.   Why so stabby, Adam?
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:35 PM »
Stokes whups Angelique! And just for the fun of it, apparently. He's angry that Angelique is his former student Cassandra Blair, who he says he introduced to Roger. But I'm darned if I can imagine any scenario that involves Roger going to college, even for a day.

Stokes has more than earned his sherry, but he never gets it because Sam and Joe choose that moment to arrive.

Adam does look very much the worse for wear, doesn't he.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 10:06:45 PM »
Though it happened off camera, Roger met Cass at Stokes' house on the night he tried to sell Stokes the painting of Angelique. Stokes was expecting Cass when he opened the door to find Roger instead - but apparently she did indeed arrive before Roger left.  [ghost_smiley]

Offline Nicky

• Full Poster
  • It will be as if you are dead..I promised you that
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:20:51 AM »
Can you imagine Cassandra being a teacher, as she told Elizabeth she had intended to be, before her meeting with Roger "swept" her away?  "Miss Blair, why don't we ever talk about any history after the 1790s?"  "Your heart is beating faster ... and faster ..."
"And the dark and terrifying thing you find there will turn your blood to ice!"

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 02:16:23 PM »
Thanks, MB! And LOL, Nicky!

This is TD's episode even more than the previous one. If I quote part of it, I'd end up quoting all of it.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 10:38:43 PM »
There is a lot here that doesn't add up or make sense to me.

Thayer's upper lip is painted on. I wonder what's up with that? I'd love to know if it's personal or theatrical?

Trench coat city. Too bad Vicki wasn't there in hers.

I knew Cass would be in the cottage when Sam insisted he go in alone. Oops, I was wrong, it is Adam.

Stokes is more powerful than Angelique? Who'd've thought?

Fire the sound person!

I want to complain about Adam's skin falling off but it really creeped me out so...

I think Hall is slightly intimidated by David - just a feeling.

I guess Sam was purposely implanted into the dream by Angelique to trick Stokes. Does anyone think Sam was supposed to lead Barnabas? It would make perfect sense had it been so. Stokes said Carolyn was supposed to meet Barnabas and I presume lead him to his death or something worse (lol) - unless Barn was to have the dream next and become recursed in it. Maybe I am remembering wrong or taking for granted that Barn meets his fate in Carolyn's dream and not by having the dream himself. I imagine we never find that out. I guess it makes sense that Barn would have the dream and be rebitten when he opened his door.

Does Ange think he is Ben or not? Geezuz chryst, make up my mind!!!

This business between Julia & Stokes & Barn and who knows Cass is the witch has me scratching my head and saying "WTF, am I going nuts?" Julia clearly mentions Cassandra in the previous episode to Stokes.

And why the hell did Sam have to come to the old house? I wonder if we will ever find out. This whole episode is bugging the shit out of me.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 01:50:47 AM »
Stokes has the dream and Blind Sam opens the door. Angelique Collins appears to Timothy Stokes and Calls him Ben. Stokes Calls her Cassandra Collins in the mix of identities. She disappears and says he will not win. Pr. Awakens and finds Joe with Blind Sam at the door. Pr. Refuses to talk to Sam and then Sam is back home with a knife wielding Adam. Fun times.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times