Author Topic: "Hirsute Sheriff and the Young Lady With the Floral-Patterned Flannel Quilt"  (Read 863 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Originally posted by Bob the Bartender on the Dark Shadows: General Discussion Forum on February 04, 2002 at 17:06:31:

Today's Sheriff Paterson, portrayed by Angus Cairns, was the first sheriff to sport a full head of hair. I don't know about you, but I prefer Sheriff Paterson with a "chrome dome." Old George Patterson looks strange with the mop top look. It's kind of like seeing Col. Wilheim Klink with a thick head of hair like Charles Bronson's. As far as Collinsport's police chief is concerned, bald is best.

I'm a big fan of Maggie Evans (as my colleagues Gerard and Ringo will testify). However, Ms. Evans was wearing about the ugliest skirt I have ever seen her wear on the show. The dress looked like a L.L. Bean Flannel Blanket which Maggie had fashioned into a skirt. Maggie, please, next time wear something more becoming to you, like a pair of Jordache jeans.

Bob the Bartender, who likes Maggie most in a mini-skirt.

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Honestly,
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 02:34:16 AM »
Posted by kuanyin on February 04, 2002 at 20:34:16:
In Reply to: "The Hirsute Sheriff and the Young Lady With the Floral-Patterned Flannel Quilt" posted by Bob the Bartender on February 04, 2002 at 17:06:31:

I had just been thinking how GREAT KLS looked today. Loved her hair, her makeup, the colors she had on, even the outfit! Yes, it was extreme, but they were IN STYLE then. It really takes me back when she wears the quilted skirts, I'm sure I had one. I know I had a quilted robe like the one she sports also. I guess sometimes, you just had to be there.....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Donna

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Honestly,
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 03:37:34 AM »
Posted by Donna on February 04, 2002 at 21:37:34:
In Reply to: Honestly, posted by kuanyin on February 04, 2002 at 20:34:16:

That's right ..althought I was only around 12 then, I remember my mother having a quilted skirt somewhat like the one Meggie wore.

I too loved the color combination meggie had on...I love the color blue so I was envying her. I loved how she wore her hair, add the blue ribbon.

Donna
"The hardest act to follow is yourself."  Sir Paul McCartney  :-*

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Posted by CastleBee on February 05, 2002 at 04:57:28:
In Reply to: "The Hirsute Sheriff and the Young Lady With the Floral-Patterned Flannel Quilt" posted by Bob the Bartender on February 04, 2002 at 17:06:31:

...Ms. Evans was wearing about the ugliest skirt I have ever seen her wear on the show.

I'll have to second that Bob - IMO the colors weren't too bad but overall that puffy skirt is a fashion yuck in my book too! Proving that even a slim, tiny person like KLS does not need extra padding around the hips!
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Posted by Birdie on February 05, 2002 at 05:13:43:

Don't laugh when I saw the skirt/lounging dress I remember my mother having one very similar. In fact we had family photos taken with her sporting this lovey creation. Hers was more pink in the skirt. Just try to picture it.lol

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth