Author Topic: #1036/1037: Robservations 07/25/03: Angelique Casts Spells  (Read 1210 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#1036/1037: Robservations 07/25/03: Angelique Casts Spells
« on: July 24, 2003, 10:13:40 AM »
1036 - As Hoffman, her eyes burning with eagerness, prepares to stake Barnabas, she is struck on the head by our very own RT Julia,
and sinks to the floor. Julia gazes at Barnabas in his vampire sleep and murmurs his name with love. His eyes flutter, but he has no idea how close he came to being permanently destroyed, and how much he owes to Julia.

6:00 - Collinwood - Will stands on the landing, wondering, where did Hoffman go--it's dawn, Barnabas is alone, suppose she went there?  He hurries downstairs, running into Angelique as she's entering Collinwood. Where is Quentin? she asks.  Sleeping, answers Will.  Is it true, she asks, that Cyrus was the one who "took Maggie away"?  Yes, says a distracted Will, who again tries to leave. Where are you going? she asks. My house, he says nervously. Can't you stay long enough to tell me what happened? she asks. Quentin or Mrs. Stoddard can explain it to you, says Will.  Did this Yaeger say anything or explain why he did it before he was killed? she asks. (concerned she might have been implicated)  Will, anxious to leave, says, I don't know. Have you seen Hoffman? she asks--she can explain it to me. No, says Will, I haven't, I've been looking all over for her, and if I find her, I'll tell her you were looking for her. He finally takes his leave, a total wreck.

Loomis House - Julia closes the secret room. When someone knocks at the door, she starts to go upstairs, but instead stands uncertainly in the middle of the living room. Bruno (where have you been?) barges in--what are you doing here? he asks. She gulps and says, I came here on an errand. There's something different about you, observes Bruno--the hair, and I've never seen you dressed like this before. (She's wearing that hideous green tweed outfit.) I was on my way to town, she hedges--is there anything wrong with that?  Where's Will? he rudely asks--twice. Upstairs sleeping, I guess, replies Julia. I've got to see him, insists Bruno.  Has something  happened? she asks. I want to borrow some money, says Bruno. He might not be up for hours, says Julia, why not come back later? I'm getting out of this place, says Bruno, and I want to get an early start--it's beginning to get on my nerves, being in that stupid cottage of mine, all by myself--how about you, he asks "Hoffman"?--You've got a lot stacked away, couple of hundred--how about five? I don't have anything, says Julia. Come on, that's a laugh, he says--after all Angelique and I and others have slipped you for your "cooperation." I'm sorry, I don't have anything, she repeats. I thought we were friends! he says. We are, she replies. Sure, he says sarcastically--look, if you see Will, tell him I'm looking for him, but don't tell him why. All right, she says diffidently.  You don't sound like yourself, or quite look like yourself, notes Bruno--strange. I assure you, I am who I am, says Julia (me and Popeye). Sure, he says, something's different...maybe it's because we haven't run into each other for such a long time.
That must be it, agrees Julia. Don't forget to tell Will I'm looking for him, says Bruno, and leaves. Julia sighs with relief, closing her eyes a moment. She opens the secret room door and checks on Hoffman. She's dead! realizes Julia--I didn't want to kill her, I just wanted to stop her--oh, God, what am I going to do? Will returns and immediately realizes the shelf is ajar. Julia stands inside, looking from the coffin to Hoffman's corpse. She exits to find Will standing in the drawing room, holding a gun on her.

Will smiles and calls her Hoffman--when I looked for you at Collinwood and couldn't find you, this is where I figured you'd be. I can explain, she assures him. No need to, he says. I'm not Hoffman, says Julia, I'm a friend of Barnabas'. I know whose friend you are, he says warningly. Please, she begs, moving back toward the shelf. Don't move or I'll shoot! he says. Hoffman is in there, look there, please, Julia says--she's dead. He goes in to look. Stunned, he asks, "How?"  I know you won't be able to understand it, but I come from a different time than you.  Julia! exclaims Will--you're Dr. Julia Hoffman! You know me? she asks. You're the woman who is trying to find a cure for Barnabas in his own time! says Will. How do you know? she asks. Barnabas told me, says Will--I was writing a book about him, for a little while--but how did you get here? The same way Barnabas did, she explains--by the time warp in Angelique's room--Barnabas told me his coffin was here, and when I arrived...  Hoffman was here? guesses Will. Yes, with a hammer and stake, says Julia, gazing down at the body--and the coffin was open--I didn't mean to kill her. Pardon me if I'm not sorry, eh? says Will. But if I lived in this time, this would have been me, laments Julia--"I don't understand it, but it feels very strange--her name was Hoffman, too--Julia Hoffman."

Back at Collinwood, we see Barnabas' portrait and Angelique in the same shot. She's on the phone with her father--is Hoffman is there?...have you seen her?...I mean this morning--I've looked through the entire house and I can't find her. It frightens me--she called me last night in Bangor and said she thought she might have discovered something, possibly about Barnabas, and now that I can't find her, I thought that perhaps Barnabas...  Bruno enters and she quickly terminates the conversation. Coldly, she says, you still haven't lost your habit of entering without knocking. Only because the people in this house haven't gotten out of the habit of telling me I can't come in, retorts Bruno--where's Will?  He was here, but he left, she says, I don't know where--Quentin is sleeping. THIS late--Quentin? asks Bruno. After what happened last night, I wouldn't be surprised, she says. What happened last night? asks Bruno. You mean you live here on the grounds and don't even know? she asks. There's a little communications problem between this house and mine, he reminds her. They found Maggie, she says--apparently Cyrus Longworth abducted her. Cyrus? chuckles Bruno--the mouse with the MD?--do you really expect me to believe that?  It wasn't Cyrus, she says, but a man named John Yaeger. And Cyrus helped him drag Maggie out of this house? he asks in disbelief. It's a little more complicated, but I can't explain it to you now, she says--actually, Cyrus and Yaeger were the same person. Sure, says Bruno sarcastically, thanks for the clarification. It had something to do with an experiment he was conducting, she says. This captures Bruno's attention--an experiment? Did you know about it? she says. Possibly, without knowing it, he says--I was working on something with him, about two months ago--where is Cyrus now, in jail?  No, dead, she says, and so is Sabrina--he killed her. This stuns Bruno--both of them, gone. Yes, I'm afraid so, she says. A shame, says Bruno, smiling, what a terrible shame--he dashes out, not answering when she asks if he's seen Hoffman.

Will pushes the shelf closed. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, says Julia--it isn't safe for me to be here, but I hate to leave him. I think I understand, says Will. Her voice deliberately formal, she says, as a doctor, I've been interested in Barnabas for a long time. (and as a man, almost equally as long.)  Of course, says Will. (He already knows how she feels about Barnabas, just from that brief conversation, and it's very sweet how he lets it go at that.)  I don't know what I can do to protect him here, says Julia. An idea hits her--"Hoffman," she says. What about her? asks Will. She's been very close with Angelique, says Julia (uh, oh, has Julia inadvertently let the kitty out of the bag?) Alexis is what we call her here, corrects Will with a grin.  (phew!)  Hoffman might have told Alexis Barnabas' secret before she came here, suggests Julia. This upsets Will, who puts his hand to his face in dismay--no, it's all right, Alexis was in Bangor--oh, she might have phoned, but just now, she didn't act strangely when I saw her. What are we going to do? asks Julia. I don't know, answers Will. She might have, worries Julia, what can we do--what if she wrote a note? She might have, agrees Will.  Can you go search her room and find a note? asks Julia.  No, says Will. Can you talk to her? asks Julia anxiously--you could tell by the way she spoke if something was going on or not. I cannot search her room, protests Will--if she finds me there...  Yes, says Julia, you're the only one who could protect Barnabas--suppose I pass as Hoffman?
You as Hoffman? asks Will--no, you couldn't do it, she'd know you at a glance. I fooled Bruno, says Julia--I'll change into Hoffman's clothes, fix my hair, you tell me everything you know about Alexis and Hoffman, and everything about that house. It's too risky, insists Will. I'll have to take that risk, says Julia determinedly. Will just looks at her.

Bruno, in Cyrus' lab, takes down the map covering the safe and muses to himself, there's money in there, plenty of it, I've seen it!--and the combination is here, someplace. He looks through the desk, requesting aloud, "Cyrus, one last payment for past services rendered." He continues to search.

Collinwood - Julia, now dressed and coifed as Hoffman, enters Hoffman's bedroom and turns on the light. She begins to look through drawers.  Not finding what she's searching for, she turns on other lamps, searches the desk, finds nothing. Angelique enters the room, and says, well, I knew we'd meet, sooner or later(!)?

Well? says Angelique, what are you waiting for--I've been dying of curiosity ever since you called--what happened? Julia hesitates, then says, carefully feeling her way--I told you, over the phone, about Cyrus and Yaeger.  That fool! rants Angelique, I should never have included him in my plans about Maggie--but I must admit a grudging admiration--timid Dr. Longworth had a lot more going on than I ever suspected--but I don't want to hear about him--you said you had some important information, what is it?  Nothing specific, says Julia, walking away from her. What do you mean?--you told me you found out something specific about Barnabas, says Ang. Not exactly, says Julia.  Hoffman, you know something and you're going to tell me what it is, insists Angelique--did you follow him the whole time I was gone, as I instructed you to do?  Yes, I did, says Hoffman, I never let him out of my sight--I guess that's what I meant on the phone
--Barnabas was the first person to find out about Yaeger and Maggie, Cyrus called him--Yaeger changed to Cyrus, then he telephoned Barnabas; Barnabas went out to the farm and I started to   follow him there, but I couldn't go in, I had to conceal myself, it wasn't safe. Where is Barnabas now? queries Ang. He went into town, says Julia, I started to follow him and thought I should come here and report to you. Angelique: You mean we don't know anymore about Barnabas than we did before? No, says Julia, I guess we don't. What are you waiting for? demands an irritated Angelique--start following him again--let me know if you hear anything at all! Yes, yes, I will, says Julia. I'll try to help here, says Ang, but we've got to keep in touch with each other this time. Yes, let's, agrees Julia, breathing deeply with relief. Well, go, orders Angelique.

Finding no money in the safe, Bruno is pissed--I know he kept a lot here, thousands--I've found nothing but a book--why aren't you money? he shouts. There is a note on the notebook, instructing, in the event of Cyrus' death, it's to be turned over, unread, to my good friend, Quentin. Bruno being Bruno, he sit down to read the contents.

Loomis House - Julia twists a handkerchief in nervous fingers and tells Will, I believe Angelique didn't suspect anything.  You're shaking, observes Will, and helps her to sit down. I'm all right, she assures. What about Barnabas? asks Will. Hoffman didn't tell her anything, says Julia--Alexis and Hoffman knew Yaeger had Maggie--Alexis said it was part of her plan for Maggie. What plan? asks Will--did she tell you what they were? No, explains Julia, I couldn't ask because I felt Hoffman would know. Good job, praises Will--would you like to change your clothes now? No, says Julia, I'll wear these--she thought I was Hoffman, and so did Bruno--if I go on being Hoffman...  You got away with it for a few minutes, says Will, you couldn't continue. It's worth a try, insists Julia. You'll slip sooner or later, warns Will.  I'll try my best not to, she assures him--it is the perfect way to find out what Alexis is doing. It's NOT the perfect way! shouts Will--she'll find you out!  All right, accedes Julia, it's not the perfect way, but I've got to try. She twists the handkerchief around and around. How can you do this for Maggie Collins, someone you don't even know? demands Will. "I'm doing it for Barnabas, not for Maggie," says Julia, staring him in the eyes.

Bruno, having finished Cyrus' notebook, is laughing. "Did I say there was no money in that safe?" he chuckles. He kisses the notebook. "There's more than I expected, and I intend to get it ALL!" He laughs some more, picks up the phone and dials, still laughing.

Angelique answers the phone and chastises Bruno for running off in such a hurry earlier--where did you go? I had a very busy afternoon, he says--visiting old friends, gathering information... I know you're trying to tell me something, she says--what is it?  You're very perceptive, aren't you? he asks.  Um-hmmm, she says--now tell me something I don't know. "What would you say if I told you that I know who murdered Angelique?" he asks almost casually. Her face registers shock.

NOTES: Wow, who DID murder Angelique? Was it Cyrus himself, the little mouse? He said she died of a stroke, yet we have learned otherwise. Who wielded the pin that killed Angelique? How much will she pay to learn this information? Bruno, only recently returned after a lengthy absence (one wonders why he didn't just stay away, if he intended to leave Collinsport).

Julia is going through with a very dangerous deception. Can she pull it off? Do you think Will already knows how much she loves Barnabas? He admires her already, I bet. She's so nervous, yet she managed to bungle her way through talks with both Angelique and Bruno. Can she keep it up? The things she does for love!

I guess Will was prepared to shoot Hoffman if he thought she'd learned Barnabas' secret. Interesting. Also interesting is how much he apparently didn't like her. Hoffman was paid off by a great many people over the years, probably helping Angelique with her trysts.  Was money the only thing that exchanged hands?

What in heck did Cyrus write in that notebook? How will it affect the Collinwood citizens?

1037 - Speaking on the phone with Bruno, Angelique orders Bruno, if you know who killed my sister, you should just tell me. Not over the phone, he says--we should meet someplace, just the two of us.  How about my room at Collinwood? she asks. I'll be there within an hour, he promises. I assume you have evidence to prove what you told me, she says--bring it with you. In due time, he assures her, and hangs up.

Collinwood - Maggie walks downstairs. Bruno knocks and enters, remarking, I didn't expect to be greeted by the mistress of the house. Hello, she greets him.  I'm glad to see you're looking well, he says--I heard about your terrible experience. It's over, she says, I'd just as soon forget it. I guess you just never know people as well as you think you do, he remarks--who'd have thought Cyrus Longworth was capable of doing something as cruel as that? Maggie, uncomfortably listening to his crude comments, thanks him for his condolences--I'm very happy you stopped by, she says. (why?)  Quentin enters the foyer and coldly says, Bruno, if that's the reason for your visit, you can leave. Actually, that's not the only purpose of my visit, says Bruno. Tell me what you want and get out, orders Quentin. Bruno smirks--the master of Collinwood is being gracious as ever, he says--I'm here by invitation--your charming sister in law, Alexis--are you going to tell me I can't see her?
No, says Quentin (dressed in the God-awful plaid jacket), you go right ahead, I'm sure she has a valid reason for wanting to see you. I'm sure she does, smiles Bruno, and goes upstairs. Quentin glares after him, slips an arm around Maggie, and leads her into the drawing room. How are you feeling? he asks. Much better, she says--I didn't think I'd be able to get any sleep, even with the sedative, but I did. He kisses her forehead--I'm sorry for reacting as I did to your disappearance, he says, but if I'd been as calm as Barnabas, I'd have realized you hadn't run away. (He's awfully casual about it all.)  It's all over, she assures him--let's forget about it. He gently touches her chin--am I forgiven? he asks. Of course, she says, but not convincingly;  he notices her expression. I do mean it, she says.  I know something is wrong, says Quentin--come on, out with it! Why did you take Alexis to Bangor with you? asks Maggie. She said she had some shopping to do up there, says Quentin. At night? asks Maggie. He smiles--I don't believe it, he says--you're jealous of Alexis!  I am not, insists Maggie, I mean it, I'm not--just curious why you took her with you. And I told you all there is to tell, he says, rubbing her arms--I don't think there's further need to discuss it, do you? No, of course not, she assures him, but still doesn't look as if she means it, not by a long shot.

Alexis' bedroom - You have come empty-handed, notes Angelique.  For the moment, he says. But I told you I wanted to see the proof, she reminds him. I know what you told me, but I didn't think it prudent to reveal my information as yet, he says. Why not? she asks. My information is very valuable, he says, and I thought whoever wanted it would find it of great value. In other words, she says, you want me to pay you for it. Precisely, he says, grinning--you see, I'm nothing but a rather poor, itinerant musician in desperate need of money, and I know how much you want to find out who murdered your sister--or was I wrong about that? Of course you're right about that, she says icily--how much do you want? Taking a puff of his cigarette, he replies, "Five thousand dollars." All right, I agree to the price--tell me who murdered Angelique? she insists. You get nothing until I have the money in my hands, he says, snuffing out his cigarette in an ashtray on her desk. I promise you'll have the money! she says, annoyed. Alexis, you're very sweet, he says, and I'm sure you can be trusted, but I never take the risk to trust--just a quirk I have. I can get the money in about two hours, she says, can you bring the evidence back then? Two hours it is, says Bruno, bows, and leaves--"Until then."  She gazes after him as he goes, then takes a box from her dresser and pulls out what looks like a very expensive, glittering diamond necklace. She smiles.

Maggie sits brooding by the fire. Quentin, on the sofa, reads the newspaper. He glances at her unhappy face and asks, what are you thinking about?  Cyrus, she says. He pats her hand--it won't do any good to talk about that, he says.  (why not?)  No, I'm not reliving the experience, says Maggie, I've just been thinking about the things that have been happening around here lately, not just to me, but everyone, wondering if Cyrus might be responsible for it. Impossible, says Quentin. Think about it--how wrong we were about him, she says. What happened was the result of Cyrus' insane experiment, says Quentin--he only became evil after he became Yaeger. Yaeger and Cyrus were not two different men, she points out--they were one and the same man with two distinctly different personalities--wasn't it possible that as Yaeger, Cyrus could have done these things? Anything's possible, says Quentin, but why?--why would Yaeger want to destroy our lives--what's his motive?  No idea, says Maggie--Cyrus was a very inhibited man, it's possible underneath, he harbored some deep resentment toward us all. I don't buy that, says Quentin--we all know there was something wrong with Cyrus. Angelique enters the house and eavesdrops. Quentin continues--too many things have happened to us recently--if Cyrus had been responsible for all of those things, he wouldn't have had time for anything else. I don't think you want to believe it, opines Maggie--Cyrus was your best friend. We get a clear view of Mike R. Phone as Angelique moves closer to the drawing room doors. I'm willing to believe anything, says Quentin, if there's proof. Proof may be forthcoming, says Maggie--if these incidents continue, I'm obviously wrong, but what if they've ended for good? I guess I'll probably have to admit you are right, my dear, he responds, his hands on her shoulders (and he sounds too damn condescending!) She smiles at him. He kisses her forehead.  Coffee? she suggests. Angelique grins and says to herself, Maggie is wrong--the disturbances have NOT stopped, not by any means, and your husband is going to be more than upset when he finds out who is behind them! She leaves. Maggie and Quentin settle down with their coffee.

Bruno smokes in Alexis' room, awaiting her. When she enters, he praises her promptness--you do have the money? he asks. She hands him an envelope containing five grand--may I see the evidence? She asks--or do I have to wait until you count it?  He hands over the notebook--you she can read, I'll count, he offers. She takes Cyrus' notebook and reads what's on the cover--that it was to be given to only Quentin upon his death. She's expresses puzzlement. It's the private journal of our late and beloved friend, Cyrus Longworth, says Bruno, beginning to count his cash. Do I have to read the whole thing, or is there one particular page...? she asks.  It's folded over at the top, says Bruno.  She finds it and begins to read.
She bites her lip, stunned, and turns to Bruno.  I see you know the name of Angelique's murderer, he says. I can't believe that's true, she says. I hardly think Dr. Longworth would make it up, he says. She turns her head, aghast.  Read it again, suggests Bruno--out loud, I'd enjoy hearing it once again myself. He settles backwards in a chair.  She, obviously upset, reads, "Thursday, October 18th, this confession, Quentin is for your eyes alone, for I have on this night committed a great wrong, as a human being and a doctor. You will never know the agony I have suffered since the seance--you see, Quentin, I know the truth--I know Angelique was murdered tonight, and I know that YOU murdered her!"  Go on, don't stop now, urges Bruno, enjoying her reaction--GO ON!  "When I examined the body, I discovered the hatpin that you'd lodged in the base of her skull--while the lights were out. Everyone at the seance saw you with your hands around her throat when the lights came on again, but only I knew what had really happened. Only moments ago, I signed the death certificate stating that Angelique died of a stroke--you will ask yourself why I chose to do this--I will try to answer for my own actions--I knew that certain events at the seance had hurt you deeply, that you had worked yourself into a rage, a wild, jealous rage, and in that terrible state, you had killed her without knowing what you were doing. You are not an evil man, Quentin, and I knew you deeply loved Angelique. God forgive me for taking it upon myself to be your judge and jury."  She closes the notebook, near tears, and says, I always had suspicions of Quentin, but still find it very hard to believe. You know why he was jealous, don't you? asks Bruno proudly, it was because of me. I don't care why he was jealous, says Angelique, furious--I just want him to suffer for what he did. So do I, agrees Bruno--I take it you're going to the police immediately. Clutching the notebook, she says, I don't know what I'll do--I want to think about it very carefully. You've got no other choice, he says. She drops the notebook in the top drawer of her dresser. I want to do what Angelique would have done, she says--I want to make certain that her spirit is relieved from the agony it has undergone ever since her death--never tell anyone, Bruno, about the journal you just gave me. He rises from the chair--I'll go along with you for a day or two, he agrees--but I warn you, if you haven't acted by then, I will!  You mean you don't have it anymore, she says. Do you think I'd be so stupid as to not photostat a copy of that page for myself? he asks. She glares at him--you don't have to worry, she assures him--I'll make use of that information very soon.  All right, says Bruno, I'll be waiting, but not for very long. He leaves.  Angelique slips a medallion-type necklace off her neck and holds it in her hands, saying to herself, "It won't be too long, Bruno--and you will be very much involved, in fact, I'm ready to take the first step now."  She looks as if her face is going to explode.

In the foyer, Angelique's intent stare makes Quentin ask, why are you looking at me that way?
What did you says? she asks.  You're looking at me as if you're angry at me, he says. No, my mind was somewhere else, she says. Is something troubling you? he asks.  Nothing, she says.  Are you sure? he persists. Yes, she says, sounding pissed.  Spying Maggie standing in the doorway of the drawing room, she distractedly greets her, "Hello-- how are you feeling today?" Much better, thank you, replies Maggie formally.  I'm sorry I wasn't here when you got back, says Ang.  There was nothing you could have done, anyway, says Maggie--excuse me, Quentin, I'm going upstairs to rest a while. OK, he says, squeezing her arm.  She stumbles, then looks behind her at Quentin and Angelique, continuing to watch them as she walks across the landing. She'll be under a strain much longer than she thinks because of this, remarks Angelique. Yes, that's what I'm afraid of, he says. I'll go upstairs, talk to her, says Angelique--perhaps there's something I can do to comfort her a little. You're very kind, he says, I'll be in the study if you want me.  He squeezes her arm, too, and leaves. It's 6:05. Maggie sits on her bed. Angelique knocks and offers some tea to help her relax a little. Thank you very much, says Maggie--you shouldn't have gone to all that trouble. Angelique spots a necklace of Maggie's lying on the dresser and surreptitiously takes it--don't be ridiculous, Maggie--I know you think you're feeling much better, but actually, it will be quite sometime before you get over your ordeal, and I'd like you to feel free to call on me if there's anything I can do to help. Maggie compliments her on her kindness--I'll have some tea. Good, says Ang, and leaves the room with the necklace she stole. Maggie pours cup of tea for herself.

Angelique sits by the fire in the drawing room, Maggie's necklace in her hands. She holds it over the flames and asks, let the power of the flame carry my thoughts to Maggie--and my thoughts will become yours, but I will control everything that you do, and you shall do as I command--you   will not resist, Maggie--you will NOT resist--the spell is beginning, you feel my will, feel the irresistible force of my will...

Maggie, sipping her tea, touches her throat, rises from the chair, opens her bedroom door and exits. Keep walking, Maggie, orders Angelique, you know where to go--and what to do when you get there! Keep walking...

Maggie, in a trance, enters the study. She picks up Angelique's necklace from the desk and leaves the room with it.

That's right, Maggie, encourages Angelique, back to your own room, back to begin your first attempt at witchcraft. She takes the necklace and slips it into her pocket, smiling gleefully. Ang rises and runs into Quentin, who says, I thought you'd still be upstairs. I didn't stay very long with Maggie, she says--she seemed strange. Quentin pours a drink--"Strange?" he repeats.  Yes, is it just my imagination, asks Ang, or has she been cool to me? Why should she be cool to you? he asks. I don't know, she says, but I had the feeling she's been very upset ever since she learned you took me to Bangor with you. I see, he says, she gave you that impression. Yes, I don't know why, says Ang, but she just did. It isn't your imagination, he says, the fact is...  Angelique begins to choke and holds onto her throat. "Oh my God, I'm choking!" she cries--"Help me, Quentin, help me!" She starts to fall; he helps her into a chair. It can't be! she moans, talking really well for a woman choking, "The witch! The witch! Stop her, Quentin, stop her!" He runs out of the room.  Angelique stops pretending she's choking and smiles.
Maggie, upstairs, is viciously twisting Angelique's necklace in her fists.  Quentin enters the room and grabs it away from her. So, he says, furious--Cyrus was the one responsible for everything happening in this house, is that it?--wouldn't it be convenient if I believed everything you meant me to, but I never will, Maggie, because YOU are the witch--you are responsible for everything from the moment you walked into this house!  He leaves Maggie sitting there, stunned, disbelieving, looking as if she's been slapped.

NOTES: I guess Angelique has decided to kill two birds--Quentin and Maggie--with one stone. It's hard to believe she still wants Quentin for herself after learning he murdered her, but it appears that she's really broken them up this time.

Maggie didn't just seem cool to Angelique, but to Quentin, too. I wouldn't have been able to forgive my husband for allowing me to remain in the hands of a kidnapper the way he did, but Maggie isn't made of such stern stuff, I guess.

Bruno was annoying today, but I guess once a blackguard, always a blackguard. You'd have thought Angelique would have already made him rich for services rendered, but he, like Will, seemed to lose his muse and his money without her in his life. Wonder where she got the gorgeous necklace? Was it from one of her many admirers, or a gift from Quentin?

Has Angelique finally succeeded in breaking up the newlyweds? Does anyone especially care? This was a boring ep following the previous days' far more exciting ones. I want to get back to Julia and Barnabas!

Terrible fashion faux pas today, Quentin in his awful orange plaid, Angelique in yet another frightful paisley number.

Love, Robin