Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1036  (Read 835 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1036
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1036
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 04:54:43 AM »
Farewell to Hoffman.  She was very interesting, and all the more so because she was Dr. Julia Hoffman's parallel time counterpart.  Is there any fan fiction about her?

Oh, well, Bruno's still around.  I like him so much more in parallel time than I liked either our-time Bruno or Aristede.  It's probably because we see less gratuitous cruelty in this Bruno than we saw in the other two characters.  The murder of Dameon Edwards can't have been a pretty sight, though.

When is Hoffman supposed to do her housekeeping job if she's following Barnabas around night and day?  Alexis has no authority at Collinwood, so what would Hoffman say if anybody started asking where she had been?  And now Hoffman is dead and Julia's going to try to take her place, but Julia can't have any idea of what Hoffman's daily routine might be.  Will will tell her what he knows, and he probably knows quite a lot, but there have got to be a thousand details that Hoffman kept in her head that Will doesn't know.  Incidentally, when Julia and Will were talking about searching "her" room, at first I thought they were talking about Hoffman's room, and I started wondering what Hoffman's room looks like.  I'm figuring it's probably pretty austere-looking, but if you looked in the back of the drawers and the closets, you'd find some surprising stuff.

The afghan in the Loomis House living room is driving my crazy.  It never gets used!  It was mussed up a bit today, but that's not enough.  I wanted Julia to have the vapours and lie ingenue-ishly under the afghan, but it didn't happen.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 05:18:18 AM »
We haven't quite heard the last of Hoffman.  [winkg]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 06:27:24 AM »
Julia to the rescue. Yay!

One can only hope there is no such thing as tweed in PT time.

I thought somebody had killed Bruno? Ah, well. Hope springs eternal.

Stuffing a gun into one's inside pocket only happened in the old movies. Leave it to John. He loves old movies. Chester Morris (Boston Blackie fame) is his fave.

Julia: "As a doctor, I've been interrested in Barnabas for a long time."
And as a woman, Julia???

Super spur of the moment plan: I will become Hoffman. Nobody will ever suspect.

I think a better plan would be to get yourself a gun and shoot all the bad guys point blank. But that's just me.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
6/15/70

How wonderful! Julia to the rescue as usual!  Sigh…..Barnabas…she loves you so much.   Of course one cannot love at will!  I love seeing Julia take a swing at her counterpart!  GO GIRL!  And bam she is knocked out!“Barnabas!” Julia says lovingly while caressing his coffin with a sweet tone in her voice!  I love when she does that.  It seems like her only way of being able to say, “I LOVE YOU!”  Kudos to the effects team for a great effort on their part, e especially for that era! I really like to line Grayson delivers, “But if I had lived in this time this would have  been me.  I don't understand it but it feels strange!  Her was Hoffman!”  she pauses, “Julia Hoffman!” she says thoughtfully!  Nice work on GH’s’ part! :)  Julia will do anything for her man. She is loyal to no end unless something is controlling her ala Tom Jennings!

The color looks funky today!

What the Sam hell does Lara have on?

Looking closely behind MS and one can see someone reflected in the glass!  “I’m doing it for Barnabas—not Magggie!” Julia says! HEH!

MS maniacal laughing is getting tiresome!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:47:15 AM »
Julia commits suicide, successfully, then does some dusting later.   All this time, Bruno's been keeping to himself in the cottage!   That's more comfortable than being locked into a Too Many Characters Closet, I guess.   I like Ang's Peter-Max-ish dress.   We may not all live in a yellow submarine, but she does.   Why's Bruno gleeful over Cyrus and Sabrina being dead?

Bruno: "You're very perceptive."  Angelique:  "Now tell me something I don't know!"   Why I oughtta....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor