Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1044  (Read 982 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1044
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:53 PM »

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #1044
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:29:51 PM »
It's been a while since I was a first poster in the WP but I am glad I am finally back on the ball as I love this place and you all so much!

6/25/70

This episode seems so unfamiliar to me!  Why is Will feeling the spirit and Barnabas isn't when he is one who is a supernatural creature?  Perhaps the spirit doesn't want anyone but Will?

Lara's hair looks gorgeous today.  I also like LP’s outfit as for once it isn't something so bright but at the same time I do like the colorful world of PT.

What is Amy going to do I wonder?

I wonder if Grayson’s smile was “in character” as it was very cute.  Now the Petofi box is on the book shelf!  I secretly believe he is moving it around for his soon return! If only….sigh!

They sure moved Roxanne quickly! 

The Old House bookshelf is one of my favorite secret rooms.

Aww…Barnabas held Julia’s hand! Do you think if JF had continued to play Barnabas they would have eventually went towards a relationship with those two?

I love all the closed off  rooms we are seeing and it's cool to see the Tower looking so differently!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:47:56 PM »
Poor Hoffman, still being called that, even in death.   Barnabas has good debating skills with ghosts.   Interesting case he makes...  but Hoffman knows Ang doesn't want to die to join her.   In the end, for Hoffman, having A there with her over-rides everything else, even if H would be guilty of having let her die at Barnabas's hand, and even if Hoffman ends up being joined in the afterlife by an eternally bitter, angry, vengeful Angelique.   So she cries.   There is absolutely no way out of this dilemma for Hoffman.   It's very sad, and well done.   We don't know what ghost Ang could do to ghost Hoffman, but we know it would be bad, and would never stop.

I liked Denise Nickerson's moments on her own by the front stairs.   "I'm not afraid"... it really sounded as if she was saying that to herself.   The best acting is when you're convinced you're seeing the character thinking.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »
Do you think if JF had continued to play Barnabas they would have eventually went towards a relationship with those two?

Not if DC had had anything to say about it.

The interesting thing is that it's not only the fans today who would have liked to have seen it - there were many fan letters published in the various daytime magazines in 1970 that were not just asking, but some demanding that Julia and Barnabas get together.

Changing reels, quite obviously it was not the real Roxanne under that sheet:

[b003]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:08:29 AM »
I didn't know that about the fan magazine's. Per usual MB you are always a source of new info. for me. Just when I think I have heard it all you tell me something new!  [ghost_wink] 

I guess DC would only have PYT for Barnabas!   [ghost_rolleyes]  PUKE!!!!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 04:30:21 AM »
Check out this post in which I shared a letter from late 1969:
Re:Times Have Changed

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:18:58 AM »
Lara's hair looks gorgeous today.
But I don't understand it!  It's nothing like her hairdo of the past few days!

We abandoned the "Who killed Angelique?" mystery today.  It's an awful shame.  My latest theory, by the way, is that Cyrus must be the murderer because he, being a doctor, was the only one who could be sure of sticking the pin in exactly the right spot.  He then wrote up the message incriminating Quentin and put it in his safe so that if he was ever arrested for Angelique's murder and his lab subsequently searched, the notebook would be found and the police would decide he was innocent - well, sort of innocent - after all.  And of course Sabrina subconsciously suspected it and that's why she had to have the replay of the séance.

Parallel time ghosts don't amount to much, do they?  All it took was a few candles to put Dameon Edwards to rest, and all it took to put Hoffman to rest was a few words.  Quentin's ghost wasn't so easily banished!

Why did Barnabas and Will put the body in the room behind the bookcase?  Why not use the basement?

I don't know why Julia couldn't think of anything better to say to Angelique than, "Maybe it isn't Barnabas."  She had all the way to the Blue Whale and back, on her trip to see Stokes, to think up something.  She could have told Angelique that although Stokes was incoherent, even in his incoherence he seemed unusually pleased with himself.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
Thank you so much MB! :) Very nice to read and great thread to pour over. ;)