Author Topic: SOUR GRAPES!  (Read 5145 times)

Offline LoveAtFirstBITE

• Full Poster
  • A repressed hysteric
    • View Profile
Re:SOUR GRAPES!
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2003, 09:36:52 PM »
ummm, were you SUPPOSED to be funny in it?

ummm, yes.  "Bye Bye Birdie" is a comedy.

And yes, Midnite, my mom was there when it happened- just a few rows back.  It went down in front of the audience but no one was hurt.

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2003, 10:35:32 PM »
Carol Wrote:
. My last concert before this one was when I took my daughter & her friend to see the Backstreet Boys. I paid extra for floor seats and we still couldn't see them very well. She denies it but I think she wanted me to join her to pay for the parking garage fee, the outrageously priced Bon Jovi items, and the snack food. It was easily a $100 night plus tickets.

Hi Carol,   You might have been at the same concert that I was because I took my two daughters, my niece and a friend to see them at Radio City Music Hall.  It was about three or four years ago in July.
  Oh, yes, and that parking is outragious too!  My brother in law wanted to save extra money by parking in a cheaper garage.  Now, I don't mind walking because I do it everyday anyway, but walking 23 blocks down N.Y. City on a HOT summer afternoon during a heatwave is no picnic!
I almost passed out literarly and my poor sister in law had to take me into the nearest Cafe just to cool off while the rest of the group was still walking up ahead and unaware of what was going on.  The people in the Cafe were so nice, and kept giving me water to drink.  What a day!
Needless to say I was never so happy to sit in a loud concert with a bunch of screaming young teens in my life just as long as it was airconditioned!

(P.S. To this day I will not leave my house without a water bottle, even if it's 10 degrees out!)

Glad you had a nice time Carol!  :)

Cassandra[/font]

"Calamity Jane"

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2003, 11:31:37 PM »
Congrats-LAFB.  The memories are going to be stuff you will talk about forerverFavorite Birdie song is Got a lot of Living.

Carol you are a very cool Mom.  I wish I could have gone to a concert with my gang.  Like Jennifer it has been Disney on Ice.  They are spoiled though we took them to the Radio City Christmas Show and a Broadway show.  My brother in law took us to see the Beach Boys at the Melody tent last Summer at the Cape.  That is a great place to see a concert every seat is good.

Connie when did you see Aerosmith?  My son went last fall.  His friends uncle is in the band.  He is still taking about meeting Steven Tyler.

Cassandra-- I have the same brother in law. hehe.  When we were at the Christmas show he is the only one that would not park in the garage.  He kept running out to put quarters in the metors.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2003, 12:14:06 AM »
Hi Carol,   You might have been at the same concert that I was because I took my two daughters, my niece and a friend to see them at Radio City Music Hall.  It was about three or four years ago in July.
Sorry, Cassandra, but we saw them at the Pepsi Arena here in Albany, NY. In fact, we are getting lots of popular venues: like Cher, Dixie Chicks, Elton John, etc.
Oh, yes, and that parking is outragious too!  My brother in law wanted to save extra money by parking in a cheaper garage.  Now, I don't mind walking because I do it everyday anyway, but walking 23 blocks down N.Y. City on a HOT summer afternoon during a heatwave is no picnic!I almost passed out literarly and my poor sister in law had to take me into the nearest Cafe just to cool off while the rest of the group was still walking up ahead and unaware of what was going on.  The people in the Cafe were so nice, and kept giving me water to drink.  What a day!
Oh, my! I can just imagine parking in NYC. While staying in the city over Thanksgiving, our car had a nice stay for $30/per day and we stayed for 4 days, 3 nights.  In Albany, the garage was $10 for the length of the concert and you had to remove your car within one hour after the concert--otherwise the gates closed.
Needless to say I was never so happy to sit in a loud concert with a bunch of screaming young teens in my life just as long as it was air conditioned!  (P.S. To this day I will not leave my house without a water bottle, even if it's 10 degrees out!)
Glad you had a nice time Carol!  :) Cassandra[/font]
Yes, the place was air conditioned but I ended up sitting alone most of the time while Elaine and friend kept running up to stage area to scream and shout. I should of brought a book!
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2003, 12:29:47 AM »
Carol you are a very cool Mom.  I wish I could have gone to a concert with my gang.  Like Jennifer it has been Disney on Ice.  They are spoiled though we took them to the Radio City Christmas Show and a Broadway show.  My brother in law took us to see the Beach Boys at the Melody tent last Summer at the Cape.  That is a great place to see a concert every seat is good. Birdie
Awwww, thanx, Birdie. That's exactly what my daughter told me--that I was a cool mom that she didn't mind being seen with! My kid is spoiled, too. She's an only child so we go overboard at times. I'm planning a trip to Cape May now for the 2 of us--hanging out, eating well, going to a dinner theatre, etc. We did Gloucester, Mass last year and had a great time.
carolinamooon

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2003, 12:33:54 AM »
I can just imagine parking in NYC. While staying in the city over Thanksgiving, our car had a nice stay for $30/per day and we stayed for 4 days, 3 nights.

Ouch!  I thought LAX was bad...

Connie

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2003, 03:01:33 AM »
Connie when did you see Aerosmith?  My son went last fall.  His friends uncle is in the band.  He is still taking about meeting Steven Tyler.

Hi Birdie,
We saw them this past fall (also the previous fall) at Tweeter Center in Camden -- it's next to the aquarium at the waterfront.
OMG - LAFB would sell her soul to be able to meet Steven Tyler.  I paid over $700 just to get her pit tickets that were fairly near the stage.

Out of my mind,
-CLC   :-

PS  Who's his friend's uncle??

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2003, 03:03:31 AM »
I can just imagine parking in NYC. While staying in the city over Thanksgiving, our car had a nice stay for $30/per day and we stayed for 4 days, 3 nights.
Ouch!  I thought LAX was bad...
Husband won't take bus or train for family vacations so the car it is. Took it out once for drive around city but that was it until we drove home. We take turns driving in/out of city. He prefers that I drive because he says I drive like a cab driver & can get in/out of city easily.
carolinamooon

Connie

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2003, 03:11:22 AM »
...He prefers that I drive because he says I drive like a cab driver & can get in/out of city easily.

Not only does she drink beer with her underage daughter, but drives like a maniac as well.

;)

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2003, 05:02:21 AM »
Not only does she drink beer with her underage daughter, but drives like a maniac as well. ;)
Like I tell people who know me: I'm 99% happy but it's that 1% you have to watch out for.
carolinamooon

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2003, 01:16:53 PM »
Connie,
            His friends Uncle plays the lead guitar.  He is the bloud one I think.  They saw them in Hartford in Sept.  Hate to tell you this they got in for $00.  They were back stage before the concert.  Steve Tyler put his arm around Joe.  I guess when they tour again Joe has a good chance of going again. Tell LAFB that my son says they are very cool and very nice.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth