Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0267  (Read 1165 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0267
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:07:02 AM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0267
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »
Such an interesting episode!  We've got Elizabeth's belief that death is the end of everything.  So much for the hours of Sunday school that I'm sure she attended as a child.  And we have Barnabas saying that death is fascinating, which fascinated me.  Of all people, Barnabas should know death inside and out.  He has spent, all told, about 85 years being dead, off and on.  So I sat there thinking of Barnabas arising at night with no memory of that day's death.  The last thing he remembers is the previous dawn.  It's more than sleep: we sometimes remember dreams.  But Barnabas is faced day after day after day with the mystery of death, and apparently he never solves it.

Of course the whole conversation was very reminiscent of the To Be Or Not To Be speech in Hamlet, which I'm sure Jonathan Frid knows backwards and forwards.

I took a look at Anthony George's eyes today and saw what EmeraldRose (I believe it was she) was saying about them being deep-set.  His brow is very protruding, like an awning hanging over his eyes.  I never noticed it before.

The scene in the Blue Whale is a memorable one for me because it's the only one I know of in which I like Vicky, without reserve.  I am all too familiar with the business of pacifying a guy who is making a mountain out of a molehill, and she did it beautifully.

I should mention how grateful I am for the link to the day's Robservation every day.  When I'm the first to post, I like to check to make sure I watched the correct episode.  And looking at it today, I am reminded that when Elizabeth wears a scarf, she reminds me of the current Queen of England.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
Good Show, it's all JB show. It is starting now that Barnabas wasts to protect the family, at least Liz.
[spoiler]Maybe he is thinking of his mom, and how she died. The scene still makes me cry.[/spoiler] I wonder if Barn just goes to sleep like we do. I don't think that he would dream. Maybe he doesn't know what death really is??

I do like what Vickie did today, maybe she didn't want to think that anything was wrong with Liz until she had a couple people point it out. She just didn't want to see. It was hard for her to confront.

AG does have different eyes, But I think he is a better fit for Vickie, than MR

Great show acting again..
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »
Great show.

I think when Barnabas saw Elizabeth was ready to jump it did that remind him  [spoiler]of his own mother taking her own life (though her method had been poison). I think by this time Barnabas had developed a great deal of fondness for Elizabeth (regardless of her resemblance to Naomi) that he did not want to see her meet such a similar sad fate.[/spoiler]

Poor Elizabeth....seeing her grow more and more despondent makes me hate Jason even more. He's driven her to this. [madan]

I agree Jason was a great character but I'll be so glad when he's gone. I know some feel she should have been kept on the show longer, but the guy served his purpose and he so badly needed a comeuppance. [spoiler]Fortunately it won't be much longer when Barnabas kills the creep.[/spoiler]

Truthfully I liked Vicki better with Mitch's Burke than with Anthony's. The age difference between Mitch and Alexandra never bothered me at all. However in all honesty, I liked Vicki with Frank Garner so much better than with either Burke.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:52:05 PM »
Truthfully I liked Vicki better with Mitch's Burke than with Anthony's. The age difference between Mitch and Alexandra never bothered me at all. However in all honesty, I liked Vicki with Frank Garner so much better than with either Burke.

Haven't seen the earlier shows, I'd buy them, but I'll wait till they are cheaper. MPI not releasing them wide is strange to me. Maybe they think they will not make enough.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

CT!_CTP/FITBs

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 03:40:27 AM »
Be sure to check out these (hopefully  ;)) humorous topics related to this episode:

From "Caption This!":

From "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)":

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 05:23:19 PM »
I really enjoy Barnabas when he is not in Vampire mode. His scenes with Liz & Vicki were great. The way he talks, the words he speaks (maybe vamp talk is just corny - regardless of the delivery), well, he is just so human - I love it.

No one's been mentioning the new tunes we've been hearing played on the jukebox at the Blue Whale. Amazingly, they are not on the 'complete' music library CD. Perhaps they were not original Colbert tunes? I did notice one or two numbers missing from the cue list but whether or not these 'new' songs represent those missing #'s is anyone's guess.

I know a person doesn't stay wealthy by giving their money away, but Burke being annoyed that he didn't get his dime back from the public phone was asinine as played by AG and out of character for Burke.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 11:10:43 AM »
Quote from: Lydia
I took a look at Anthony George's eyes today and saw what EmeraldRose (I believe it was she) was saying about them being deep-set.  His brow is very protruding, like an awning hanging over his eyes.
Yes, Lydia, it was I who said that. [winkg] I'm glad you noticed that, too. [thumb]  Those scenes with Vicki and Burke at the Blue Whale were very sweet, and I agree that they look good together.

Quote from: IluvBarnabas
I liked Vicki with Frank Garner so much better than with either Burke.
I agree with you.  It's too bad Frank Garner wasn't on the show for very long.

This was the first time Barnabas saved someone.  I enjoyed that scene.  It was curious how he was talking about death that way.  He was trying to help Elizabeth, but he inadvertently convinced her that death was the answer to her problems.  So he actually did not  help her at all - it backfired! [shkdg]

Barnabas and David's conversation was cute.  It shows the absurdity of it all.  David was pretty smart.  I liked David's hair in this episode. [cheesyg]  It was neat to watch Barnabas realize that the little girl was [spoiler]his long-lost sister[/spoiler]Sarah. [winkg]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]