Author Topic: Did Passing on DS DOOM the WB! Plus could your review 2004 for me?  (Read 2601 times)

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
Re: Did Passing on DS DOOM the WB! Plus could your review 2004 for me?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 11:35:19 PM »
Oh, yes, it is something to look into. And I agree that The Graysons doesn't sound like a very good idea.

You didn't like 7th Heaven? That surprises me, since you said that you were a big fan of all the Aaron Spelling shows.

I just didn't like the last three seasons for several reasons, primarily the fact that they turned everyone into a partial or complete idiot. I didn't like Chris much, and positively despised Magic School. Seriously. I would have tolerated it if they had done it in a way that reflected Californian culture, like using Spanish and Native American influences in its decoration, but it was an old, very British castle that just popped into their lives out of nowhere after no mention for the first five seasons. If you're going to rip off something (in this case Harry Potter), at least change it to fit better into your universe, like a certain show that we all watch did.

I only watched Smallville during the first Brainiac arc to see James Marsters in something besides Buffy, but it seemed like a good show. I may start watching it from the beginning some day, I dunno.

I completely agree with you. I didn't love Reba, but it was one of the few recent sitcoms that made me laugh at all. The only post-2000 sitcoms I've enjoyed are Frasier and Friends, and even those took a downhill turn after the new millennium, Friends in particular.
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 12:59:28 AM »
The topic is whether passing on DS doomed the WB, and discussions of the specific plots of other shows on their schedule are OT and better suited to a board dedicated to that show.  [hall2_cheesy]

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:06 AM »
Gotcha Midnite.  Thanks for the reminder!  Plus it's my 900th post!   [8_1_202]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 04:13:18 AM »
Congratulations!

[candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 07:10:39 AM »
I'll never catch up with you Magnus but my eye is on becoming a GOD! :) BWAAAAAAAAAAAHH  [8_1_231]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/