Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0599  (Read 1389 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0599
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:58:21 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0599
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:05:41 AM »
Why exactly did Nicholas erase Maggie's memory?  Was it because he didn't want her leaving town?  Or was it because if anything happens to Barnabas, then Adam is affected?  Does Nicholas understand the full connection between Barnabas and Adam?  It occurred to me today that if he does, he shouldn't be allowing Barnabas to roam free.  He should lock Barnabas up in that room where he had Vicky, because that's the only way to make sure Adam will be safe.  Imagine the hullaballoo Adam would create if Barnabas tripped over a root and broke his big toe!

The one sketch of Barnabas that we saw today at the Evans Cottage looked more to me like the Collinwood portrait than the Old House portrait, so I was wondering if it was in fact a preliminary sketch for the first portrait.  Checking old posts,however, I see that the same artist, Milt Honig, did both portraits, so I guess they went back to him for this particular episode and said, “Sketch, please.”

Here's the latest victim of dumbing down: Barnabas.  Last year, when David discovered the coffin in the Old House basement, Barnabas swapped it for a trunk before anybody could come check David's story.  And when David took Dr. Woodard and Burke (I think it was those two) to the mausoleum to show them the secret room, the pull-chain didn't work.  This year, when Barnabas heard that Maggie had escaped from the secret room, he could have cleaned up the basement and stuck some more chewing gum on the lion's head in the mausoleum.  Instead he went wandering out in the woods expecting to stumble upon Maggie, and when he didn't find her, he just gave up altogether.  Dumb.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
I think it was because of the connection between Barnabas and Adam that Nicholas made Maggie forget. Nicholas doesn't give two hoots about Barnabas but he surely doesn't want anything to happen to Adam to spoil his devilish plans.

I don't think it was so much on stupidity on Barnabas' part as it was exhaustion. He just got done helping to bring Eve to life.  He has spent the last few days dealing with Adam's attack on Vicki, Carolyn's "death" and now has to worry about finding Adam and Eve since Eve just may be, as Stokes put it, the reincarnation of the most evil and feared woman in the world.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 05:43:10 PM »
Good point, IluvBarnabas.  Exhaustion is a very effective dumber-downer.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 10:00:19 PM »
Good point, IluvBarnabas.  Exhaustion is a very effective dumber-downer.

That explains me lately.....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »
I think that Barnabas just wants everything to be over. Yes he is tired.

Or it could just be the writers again. Though I did like the way they implied things with the knock on the door, but then didn't have to pay HAA.

I know that I am a broken record but why didn't they lock the front door. It didn't have a push button lock.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:52:20 AM »
It was quite thrilling when Maggie saw Angelique biting Joe, and very satisfying to watch Maggie telling Joe that  they were both vampire victims, and she knew exactly how he felt! [winkg] Too bad they couldn't get in that car and drive away, as Maggie suggested.  [ghost_sad] But I reckon it wouldn't matter, anyway, because Nicholas and Angelique would still find them. I was yelling at the screen, "Don't open the door!"  [ghost_nowink] But I guess it turned out well, after all, because Nicholas wiped Maggie and Joe's memories and made Joe give that message to Barnabas.  [ghost_smiley]

I'm sure Nicholas wiped Joe and Maggie's memories because of Adam, but it sure was lucky for Barnabas!  I was quite relieved and incredulous, as Barnabas was, to find that Maggie had forgotten what had happened. It was rather eerie, in fact - reminded me of "The Stepford Wives".  [shkdb] For once, Willie used his head and said to Maggie, "I forgot, just how long was that?"  in response to Maggie's statement that she hadn't seen him for a while. I love that line! [ghost_wink]

I agree, Joe's half-dead expression was very spooky! [shkdg]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 07:55:16 AM »
After all this I'm starting to wonder if I've been hypnotized half a dozen times myself and don't know.    Maybe that's why things in my life don't seem to add up....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »
I found the Joe and Maggie scences to be one of the most exciting I have yet to seen from Dark Shadows. It was so interesting to see two characters on the show that are not evil or part of the Barnabas gang to figure out what is going in their town.

I felt so sorry for Joe, he really did want to escape. I wish they could have expand this scene a little more.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books