Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0589  (Read 1186 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0589
« on: July 17, 2008, 11:15:38 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0589
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 09:42:28 AM »
If Willie ever got arrested, Sheriff Patterson wouldn't need to use a lie detector on him.  All that would be necessary would be to bring Maggie into the interrogation room, and Willie would tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  At the top of his lungs, with luscious lips a-quivering.

I love the possibilities that are thrown out to the viewer.  When you know the full story, it's so easy to forget the alternatives, but Maggie went through them today.  Willie helped Barnabas willingly.  Willie is now assisting Barnabas in another attempt to turn Maggie into Josette.  Willie is what Barnabas is.  And I like how Maggie calls Barnabas one of the living dead.  We're back to the early days of 1967 when the word "vampire" was not allowed.

I want to be Roger. He leads such an interesting life!  Things keep happening, and as far as he knows, they're all random events.  I'm wondering...are the apparently random events in my life in fact random, or am I as clueless as Roger is in seeing the underlying storyline?

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:19:54 PM »
If Willie ever got arrested, Sheriff Patterson wouldn't need to use a lie detector on him.  All that would be necessary would be to bring Maggie into the interrogation room, and Willie would tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  At the top of his lungs, with luscious lips a-quivering.

LOL, so true. Lydia, so true. [ghost_grin]

Willie does seem to always spill his guts to Maggie. He told her about Barnabas' "death", nearly came close about telling her about the experiment when Nicholas happened to drop by....I was really surprised he managed to keep her in the dark about why Barnabas was being so friendly to her, only hinting that Barnabas had 'plans' for her. And then, he admits, after much arguing, that everything that Maggie now knows about what Barnabas did to her was true.

I said it before and I'll say it again...Willie would make one lousy spy. Not only torture, but he just can't hold up very well under any kind of pressure. [ghost_wacko]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:27:03 AM »
Kudos again to KLS and JK for their performances today! [clap2] Again, it was very thrilling to watch Willie be so concerned for Maggie's life and trying to get her to change her mind about going to the police. [ghost_shocked]

It was quite strange to see Carolyn being so agreeable to the experiment.   [ghost_wacko]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 04:58:50 AM »
It is almost like Maggie is flipping out again to protect her mind.

She faints under duress. Willie goes tells Barnabas. Just think now Barnabas has two things happening that he doesn't want people to know.  His history and the experiment that is all mixed up with his history.  Barnabas comes out with his trademake line "I'll Kill You."  Maybe Barnabas is also flipping out.

Carolyn is so calm, it is scary.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Roland

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 04:46:00 AM »
Nancy Barrett does some of her best acting in this episode.  I love her coolness in her scenes with Barnabas - forceful yet understated at one and the same time. 

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 05:03:29 AM »
I agree I loved Nancy Barrett at the end of the show. She seem so in control of herself.

On another note, I have always liked Barnabas but he is really selfish. He is supposed to be human now, but in some ways he is just as evil as before. He doesn't care what happens to Maggie, only concern about himself and Vicki and he threaten to kill Willie today. Seriosuly, what's the difference between Vampire Barnabas and Human Barnabas.

He needs to get a grip and realized Vicki is not going to loved him no matter what he does.  [BOO] [BOO]
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books