Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1005  (Read 739 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1005
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Robservations #1005

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1005

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 09:56:39 PM »
For someone who apparently had no tolerance for the occult, Quentin has rapidly becoming a believer. It's still unclear exactly what Damien wants here. Or exactly who his real target is.
Hannah talks a good game but she seems genuinely frightened of Damien, though she should really be more frightened of her niece. If Angelique would murder her own sister, I doubt that she would have any problem killing her aunt as well.
So Damien wants to tell Quentin the truth? Which would be exactly what?
The Candles of the Seven Secrets! It sounds like something that Angelique pulled out of her occult utility belt.  [hall2_rolleyes][hall2_rolleyes]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »
Jared Holmes (Damien) reads the voiceover.

Quentin begins to follow Damien's instructions as Damien watches. Quentin opens the attic door but finds nothing unusual.

The charming Damian always annoyed me so much when he was alive, and he is still at it, Angelique gripes in the meantime. She and Hannah both sense that he is somewhere nearby. It’s dangerous, Angelique, Hannah starts, but Angelique shouts, Alexis! How many times must I tell you, only call me Alexis! She starts to give Hannah her instructions, but Quentin returns and asks to talk to Hannah alone. Angelique has no choice but to agree to continue their chat later, and Quentin leads Hannah upstairs. Meanwhile, Angelique tells Damian, I know you’re near. We’ll meet very soon.

Cyrus is in the lab whipping up yet another batch of Yaegerade when Horace Gladstone delivers more chemicals for his experiment. Cyrus asks him for another delivery tomorrow. The experiment must be moving along very nicely, Horace observes, especially considering the amount of the quantity of the compound you’re using. (Yup, that’s what he says.) Cyrus makes careful notes and says that Sabrina can take delivery on the next batch of Horace's component, because he expects to be away for some time. Has the new formula eliminated the amnesia effect that you had complained about previously? Cyrus finally loses patience with him, but then Horace notices that the landscape is missing from the wall by the desk. I hope it wasn’t stolen, he says. I moved it to another room, Cyrus replies. Irritably he adds, Do you suspect a crime in even the simplest acts? Don’t forget tomorrow’s delivery. You may always rely on me, Horace assures him and leaves through the side door. Cyrus bolts the door after him and adds to his own mixture the chemical that Horace just delivered, with the usual pink Alka-Seltzer result.

Quentin takes Hannah up to the attic room where Damian's ghost showed him he would hang himself. He tells her to summon Damian, but she begs off. Some things are better left alone. she insists. I have to find out what Damian was trying to tell me, Quentin insists. Damian prophesied my suicide by hanging. Suddenly, something falls to the floor. Hannah gasps, I don’t have the power, but I don’t need to summon him--he is here! Dameon throws a few more small items around to make his point; Hannah screams in terror. Then the lights go out, and the fixture above them swings around perilously. After a moment, the disturbance stops. Take me back downstairs! Hannah pleads. Quentin is about to when they both see Damian near the windows opposite. They both call to him. Is the prophecy true? Quentin asks. Dameon raises his hand, then lowers it, but makes no reply and slowly fades away.

Meanwhile, Cyrus has come to see Quentin but finds Angelique, whom he still thinks of as Alexis. She watches him closely as he says, I came to see if everything is all right, now that we did what was necessary with Angelique’s body. We all did the right thing, Angelique assures him. Cyrus agrees but is still hesitant. Out in the foyer, Quentin tells Hannah, Don’t mention anything to “Alexis”--she’s frightened enough as it is. He is so insistent that he makes her swear to it. They enter the drawing room, where Angelique explains that Cyrus has come to say goodbye, as he is going away for a few days. Hannah hints that she and Angelique should finish their conversation upstairs.

Once they're alone, Cyrus explains to Quentin that he has to go away for a few days. Quentin wants him to postpone his trip. It’s much too urgent, Cyrus replies. Somewhat puzzled, Quentin explains about Damian Edwards and how Damian seems to want to warn him. I regret having to go away when I’m needed, Cyrus apologizes, but I can't put the trip off. He does have the grace to ask if there’s any danger. There’s none, Quentin replies, just a lot of confusion. And talking of confusion, Quentin suddenly remembers the two notes and shows them to Cyrus. Cyrus somewhat foolishly gabbles, I realized the crumpled-up note (in Yaeger's hand) was an illegible scribble, so I wrote it out again more neatly. Quentin agrees. How could I have been so foolish as to suspect anything? he wonders (though of course he has no idea of what to suspect). The two friends shake hands and Cyrus leaves.

Upstairs in Angelique's room, Hannah tells Angelique about what happened in the attic. Damian is trying to tell Quentin the truth, Angelique realizes. I’m going to get rid of Damian's ghost. Bring me the candles of the seven secrets, she orders her aunt. Hannah recoils in horror: Don't you know what they mean? she exclaims. If we use the candles and fail, I’ll be destroyed! Remember our bargain, Angelique replies implacably. Bring them immediately. Damian is with us, Hannah senses. We will meet face to face--at your grave, Angelique promises him.

Back at the lab, Cyrus stares down at his potion and thinks of all the reasons he shouldn't drink it: I tried to resist. But I can't anymore! I’ve got to be John Yaeger tonight. I know that my friends need me--Quentin, Alexis. How about Sabrina and the work that she did here? My experiment--to bring out all that is good in man--what became of that? Nearly in tears at the thought of all he is turning away from, he wonders, Why don’t I just drop the beaker and smash it? But just as suddenly he clutches it with both hands, hate and love warring in his face. All his arguments crumble in the face of what he realizes has become his addiction: Yes! Why don’t I? Because I don’t want to, he answers himself. With a laugh, he drinks off the liquid, his eyes wide with anticipation. The pains start once again, but with a tremendous effort he manages not to cry out.

Carrying an elaborate seven-branched candelabrum with burning candles (black, naturally), Angelique leads her unhappy aunt down to Damian’s basement resting place.

The transformation is complete (except for the hairy hands). Yaeger, wearing a (for him) sober light gray suit and carrying his swordcane, prepares to leave. He opens the side door and is surprised to find Horace Gladstone on the doorstep with the promised additional batch of chemicals. Yaeger introduces himself, but no matter how much he insists that he is acting for Cyrus, Horace knows Cyrus's reclusive habits and refuses to give Yaeger the chemicals. Yaeger asks, What if I don’t give a sh-- hoot about what Dr. Longworth approves and simply take the chemicals? If I am threatened in any way, my cooperation will cease, Horace huffs. Yaeger is not at all happy but must give way. Horace says a polite goodnight, but Yaeger is beside himself with fury and frustration.

With Hannah her reluctant helper, Angelique finds the area behind the shelf-lined niche where Damian's body is entombed. She opens the panel and they see his skeleton handing in chains. Hannah gasps when she sees the skeleton and doesn’t want to give Angelique the candles. Angelique takes them from her, but they both gasp as a sudden wind extinguishes them (well, six of them--one doesn’t want its moment of glory to end). Hannah panics and flees, but Angelique is unperturbed. She relights the candles and starts to perform the ceremony to summon Damian’s spirit. You must appear when I have lit the seventh candle, she orders him. She watches for a moment. Damian obeys, and suddenly the skeleton is clad in his ghostly form....

So what are the other Six Secrets?

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 06:38:04 PM »
Yaegerade!!! I LOVE that!! [128] [128]

No idea what the other six secrets could possibly be but I have a feeling that they are likely akin to the first eight plans from outer space. [8_1_215] [8_1_215] [8_1_215]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 09:23:21 PM »
 [easter_grin] [easter_grin] [easter_grin] Thanks, Uncle!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:00:09 PM »
Yaegarade!  Love it, best thing about this plot
When the camera pulls back in the attic. The spotlights are revealed and then a quick pan in to cover them up. I have noticed a lot a mike appearances lately also.
Damian's skeleton is hanging with out clothing and I wonder how it managed to stay in one piece and not ended up a pile of bones on the floor.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times