Author Topic: Adam's Look  (Read 2279 times)

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
Adam's Look
« on: August 07, 2002, 08:08:25 PM »
don't you think someone should have told Adam to have those scars fixed before he met his mate!  :o
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
no wonder poor Eve ran  from him It was such a shock she "went back" to old Peter B(maybe it was the hair! ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Adam's Look
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 09:05:37 PM »
Telling Adam to have plastic surgery would have, in effect, spared all of us this entire wretched story line.  

If he didn't look like a chain link fence, why would he have needed the Bride from Hell?  Once the good professor had cleaned him up and taught him some (badly needed) manners,  he could have swept Carolyn off her feet, sailed into the sunset, and we wouldn't be hanging on by our teeth, waiting for the torture to end!!

But then they would have had to think up and write a story line actually worth watching.  ::)

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 09:58:04 PM »
don't you think someone should have told Adam to have those scars fixed before he met his mate!  :o

And yet we never see a single scar on Eve... so either Dr. Lang was a really sloppy surgeon, or sometime between hematology and psych Julia managed to squeeze in a plastic surgery residency.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 10:25:14 PM »
And yet we never see a single scar on Eve... so either Dr. Lang was a really sloppy surgeon,

That's certainly possible. ;) But I seem to recall that Lang told Barnabas that he was going to take care of the scars after his creation came to life. An odd choice, no? While it was still inanimate, it would feel no pain - yet after coming to life, one might assume that removing the scars may have been fairly painful.

I wonder if Lang turned to "bizarre medicine" because too many of his patients began to sue him because of, shall we say, less than compassionate medical decisions like that one? [wink2]

or sometime between hematology and psych Julia managed to squeeze in a plastic surgery residency.

Well, Julia was certainly a medical Renaissance woman, so that's definitely plausible. ;) But I'm pretty sure that they mention somewhere along the way that Eve didn't have scars because Lang had actually laid out in his journals how to prevent them. That simply just begs the question, "Then why the HELL didn't he construct Adam THAT way?!" But, of course, we all know the answer to that - because Curtis and Co. thought a scarred artificial man was much more scary than a handsome one. And apparently the thought of having a scarred woman was completely unthinkable because the women of Daytime TV must ALWAYS appear glamourous - even in life threatening situations - and I'm sure that goes for artificial-life situations as well. [wink2] (I'll never forget the All My Children episode in which the Pine Valley Inn burnt to ashes with practically the entire town inside - yet, despite the smoke, the soot, and the mad rush of extras trying to escape, Erica Kane emerged from the fracas completely unscathed, without so much as a hair out of place - or even the slightest speck of soot on her skin or on her startlingly white gown. You see, Soap Opera Reality is a far different animal than it is for the rest of us! :D (But even so, the daytime press had a field day making fun of that AMC episode. [lghy]))

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 10:52:37 PM »

And yet we never see a single scar on Eve... so either Dr. Lang was a really sloppy surgeon, or sometime between hematology and psych Julia managed to squeeze in a plastic surgery residency.

I recall that when Lang's creation was almost completed, he announced that only one thing remained . . . THE FACE. This would seem to suggest that a head was in place but someone else's face would have to be grafted onto it, thus the scars.

On the other hand, Julia probably just used a solid corpse rather than stitching pieces of different ones together. She didn't have Jeff to go grave digging for her like Lang did, and Willie couldn't stomach more than one digging after Joe caught him in the cemetary that one time and scared the daylights out of him. >:(

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2002, 10:55:04 PM »

And apparently the thought of having a scarred woman was completely unthinkable because the women of Daytime TV must ALWAYS appear glamourous - even in life threatening situations - and I'm sure that goes for artificial-life situations as well.

Then how do you explain Sabrina Stuart?  :o

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2002, 03:49:20 AM »
Julia explained yesterday that Eve was bandaged up to prevent the same type of scaring that Adam had.  Now, how the bandages help, I have no idea.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2002, 03:57:16 AM »
Yesterday, when Adam was insisting they take the bandages off, Dr. Hoffman said that they would prevent scarring. "You don't want her to be scarred as you are, do you?" For once, even ADAM shut up.  :o
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2002, 04:06:13 AM »

Adam could make some plastic surgeon a rich man!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Anubis

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2002, 07:29:21 AM »
Julia explained yesterday that Eve was bandaged up to prevent the same type of scaring that Adam had.  Now, how the bandages help, I have no idea.

I couldn't understand that either.  It may prevent burns, but the scars are obviously stitches so bandaging wouldn't prevent that.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2002, 07:58:33 AM »
Then how do you explain Sabrina Stuart?  :o

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Ah, but even she was unglamorous in only a handful of episodes. Then it was off to Carolyn's miracle makeover. [wink2]

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2002, 08:03:49 AM »

That's pretty funny even for DS! Julia really is a wonder Doc!But still say someone(after slapping him!)should have handed him a mirror,then told him to look up PRIDE
in the and then said after we fix you up maybe someone like Carolyn would look at you! Those scars are scary looking He looks patched together! I really think this is my least favorite storyline!
s
p
o
i
l
e
r

isn't that Eve's reaction to him "she hates his looks"

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2002, 09:28:48 AM »
On the other hand, Julia probably just used a solid corpse rather than stitching pieces of different ones together.(

I tend to agree with this.  I remember Dr.Lang mentioning to Barnabas that it took years to get his creation going, while it only took Julia a few weeks to get everything together.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2002, 06:30:47 PM »
I tend to agree with this.  I remember Dr.Lang mentioning to Barnabas that it took years to get his creation going, while it only took Julia a few weeks to get everything together.

Well she is a woman we tend to be better with details and getting things done and after all "Eric" was busy with Leona LOL

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2002, 07:48:05 PM »

no wonder poor Eve ran  from him It was such a shock she "went back" to old Peter B(maybe it was the hair! ;D

jennifer

What you call a desperate situation :o-Don't you agree?
It is a good day because I am still ticking!