Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0147  (Read 953 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0147
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:55:48 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0147
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
First appearance of "the pier"...?  The world of the show is slowly broadening....  [spoiler]I wonder if all Laura was ever interested in in the first place was Burke as good father material, then she switched to Roger as soon as Burke got into trouble, not realizing perhaps that Burke had already done his duty...?[/spoiler]

Yes, Vicki, everything started when Laura came to Collinwood, just as Matthew thought everything started when you came to Collinwood....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:08:12 PM »
Welcome, pier! Nice sound effects too, even though seagulls don't usually make noise at night. We'll be seeing a lot more of this pier in the future. Every so often the writers remember that Collinsport is actually a port.

The table in the foyer at Collinwood has vanished, only to reappear when Laura has to use the foyer telephone to reach Burke.

When Roger tries to take the portrait of Laura in flames away from David, David shouts that Roger hates him and wants to send him away from Collinwood. Roger actually sits on the bed next to David. With unaccustomed gentleness, he says, "I don't hate you, David, and I don't want to send you away. If you went away, I would be very sorry." I know I probably shouldn't believe him, but I can't help it--I just do.

Apparently Laura's radar range (or whatever) doesn't extend as far as the Collins Port Inn. When Vicki is visiting Burke there, he seems willing to listen to her worries about Laura. But no sooner does he meet her than he's nibbling her ear and believing everything she tells him.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »
First appearance of "the pier"...?  The world of the show is slowly broadening.... 

Yeah. I remember that scene when I had these on video tape. I don't have the rest of this plot on DVD :(
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »
David says that his painting means something important. Another "I hope you die.". I can imagine David picked this phrase u p from one or both of his parents. I had forgotten about the pier.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:55:02 PM »
Yes, Vicki, everything started when Laura came to Collinwood, just as Matthew thought everything started when you came to Collinwood....
Interesting thought.  Never having had a high estimate of Vicky's intelligence to start with, I did think to myself, "Does this really add up?" when she said that, but I didn't consider it in that light.

The plot thickens.  I don't think Laura will be around to follow through on her bargain with Burke, but if by some happenstance she is, and it advances her cause with David, I have no doubt that she'll do it, just as I have no doubt that she'll throw Burke to the wolves - or to the fishes - if it suits her purpose.

Burke's lost interest in Vicky now that Laura's around.  When she came to his hotel suite, she wasn't the special someone for him that she's been for the past few weeks.  I don't like Mitchell Ryan much, but I like the way he made that clear.

When Roger tries to take the portrait of Laura in flames away from David, David shouts that Roger hates him and wants to send him away from Collinwood. Roger actually sits on the bed next to David. With unaccustomed gentleness, he says, "I don't hate you, David, and I don't want to send you away. If you went away, I would be very sorry." I know I probably shouldn't believe him, but I can't help it--I just do.
I don't.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »
I mean maybe just this once, I do.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 04:38:09 PM »
Yes, so I understood, and I can see why you did...but I didn't.