Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0876  (Read 1115 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0876
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:02:36 AM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0876
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:58 AM »
Beth follows in Josette's footsteps over Widows Hill.  Barnabas tells Quentin he must leave Collinwood, but he wants the portrait first. 
Aristede shows up once again all dirty, like a waif out of Dicken's, at Tate's doorstep and Tate refuses to help him .  It is funny how Aristede seemed sinister and scary when I was a child, and now he seems pathetic and fearful only able to show some courage while under the protection of Petofi.  He is so desperate for Petofi that he fails to see that Quentin has regained control and goes off to do in the man he so desires to please.  This should be good.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 07:46:51 AM »
I wonder if Quentin was screaming in agony about the Astro-turf he was lying on or whatever they called fake grass in those days.

Beth on Widow’s Hill. Nice scenario of Maine’s rocky cliffs, but she isn’t looking straight down. Now here’s the thing. If I were trying to persuade someone that was afraid of me who was teetering on the edge of a cliff not to jump, I would move backward. But that’s just me.

I swear the two most sentences on this show are, “I don’t understand”, quickly followed by, “What do you mean?”

Trust me, Quentin. Booze will not bring back your loved one.

Beth is gone, in a most dismal way, but let us focus on the Portrait. It is very close to “The Pen” scenario. It reeks of Roger’s incapacity to care.

Aristede is a punk and a minion. Albeit, a well-dressed minion.
If he’s gone a whole week without food, how is he even able to stand?
The thing about the Aristede and Petofi relationship always challenged my mental prowess. What exactly was going on here? I can guess, but I don’t want to delve too deeply into it. EW!

All right. Charles Delaware Tate. Gad! I’m an artist. I paint. I make a mess at times. But never, in all my born days, have I worn a smock. And the smock that RD is wearing looks like a woman’s smock.
RD is ineffectual as an artist. Trust me.

Portrait, portrait, where is the portrait?

Barnabas is still wearing that breakaway frock coat. I am screaming for him to raise his arms to see if the seams hold.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:29:10 PM »
Smocks must die.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
Poor Beth. It seems she was destined to die one way or another in 1897. [hall2_cry]

Yes, Quentin made a huge blunder going towards her rather than backing away from her. I know he wanted to convince her he was the real Quentin, but he saw how scared to death she was of him. Oh well. I did feel bad for him seeing how guilty he felt about what happened to her.

I think they ought to declare Widows' Hill a disaster area and forbid anyone coming within 100 miles...oops, I mean 100 yards from it. [hall2_wink]

I loved how Aristede expected Charles to make things right between him and Petofi and Charles and Charles turned him down. I can't believe that Aristede doesn't know that Petofi took away Charles' talent yet he expects him to be his go-between?

Robin wrote that she thought Barnabas was rather callous expecting Quentin to leave and forget about Beth. Well, forgetting about Beth, yes I think that is asking too much. On the other hand, I can understand Barnabas wanting Quentin to leave Collinsport as soon as possible. He's right about Petofi not just accepting the reversal of the mind switch. But Quentin is also right for wanting to stay and find his portrait.

I also loved Quentin tricking Aristede into stabbing Petofi. Indeed, it IS going to get good now.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 01:35:03 PM »
I was thinking that when Quentin was dealing with Beth on Widows Hill, his best course of action would have been to sit down on the ground.  But Quentin seems to be incapable of rational thought in the immediate aftermath of body-switching.  He should work on that.

It may be callous to expect Quentin to leave and forget about Beth - but in fact, he had already left her behind, first when he got engaged to Angelique and then when he planned to run away with Amanda.  It's a pity that he was involved in Beth's death, but she was an old flame, not the love of his life.

It had to have been sweet for Quentin to see Aristede begging.  Meanwhile, I was wondering how David Selby felt, playing Quentin again instead of Petofi.  Did it feel like old home week?  Or did he miss playing evil?

I noted that Tate, who had said he couldn't even hold a paintbrush, was able to white out Quentin's portrait.  It can be rationalized, I'm sure.  Then Petofi restored Tate's talent and said it proved that he (Petofi) was back in his own body.  It proved nothing of the sort, because Quentin could have done it after he acquired the hand's power, but Tate had no way of knowing that.

And the smock that RD is wearing looks like a woman's smock.
What's the difference between a man's smock and a woman's smock?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
I was thinking that when Quentin was dealing with Beth on Widows Hill, his best course of action would have been to sit down on the ground.

For years, I've thought that that's what I'd do if threatened by an animal or some violent person who was angry at me for some reason I didn't understand, maybe because of a language barrier.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor