Author Topic: "Oh Where, oh Where..."  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: "Oh Where, oh Where..." / Daughters of Darkness
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 01:43:39 PM »
It's an entertaining film, with enough twists to make it interesting. There's a fair amount of blood, though much less than you would see in a similar movie today. The trailer and several scenes can be watched for free on YouTube. The film itself can be viewed there for $1.99. If you Google Daughters of Darkness 1971, it can be viewed for free on Dailymotion. Make sure than you use the year in your search. Otherwise you may be directed to a tv movie of the same name starring Anthony Perkins, of all people, as an angst ridden vampire.

Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
I'm a sort of bottom feeder of the world of strange video, only getting anything through small miracles, clearance sales, etc., so it was great when a member here sent it, unasked for!  Because I don't think I'd ever heard of it at the time.

It's on VHS, yet is labelled a "Director's Cut".  I wonder what got cut out previously.  Anwyay, I should get it out and watch again. I remember a bathtub and some nudity, and that's all.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2016, 08:13:15 PM »
Daughters of Darkness came!

Reading from the back:

A Fairy Tale for Adults
"Subtle, stately, stunningly colored and exquisitly directed...The most artistic vampire shocker since 'Blood and Roses'."New York Times

In 1971, DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS was first relased in the U.S., cut by more than 12 minutes, where it played in both commercial and art theaters mesmerizing audiences with its dreamlike ballet of blood, making it chilling and erotic.
Delphine Seyrig plays Elizabeth Bathory the legedary "Scarlet Countess" who bathed in the blood of 300 virgins to maintain her youth. She is an enigmatic vampire whose sexual ambiguity creates a cat and mouse tension between her and young newlyweds, played by John Karlen (Dark Shadows) and Danielle Ouimet. The Countess's companion, played by Andrea Rau, is one of the sexiest women to ever appear in a vampire film (or perhaps any film). To meet this Countess of your dreams is to come face to face with your own nightmares.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm....can't believe I've never seen this....I didn't know the woman of title was Elizabeth Bathory; I'd only ever heard of some woman who bathed in virgins blood.

This movie sounds awesome!!

Patti
What a Woman!