Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0790  (Read 1570 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0790
« on: May 29, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Discuss - Ep #0790 (split from Ep #0789)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 05:07:56 AM »
We open with the closing scene from yesterday, with the terrified Judith going upstairs alone, egged on by Gregory. Of course the shade of Mineva haunts her as she goes. [grim]

NATURALLY the ghost is siting in the rocker when she gets in her room.  Anyone notice that the rockers only squeek when a ghost sits in them?   [ghost]  And ANOTHER badly telegraphed slap, with a sound cue that seemed off.  

Judith is wimping out worse than even Beth.  Now she's wussy, more of a coward than Quentin, and crying.  [sad6] Gregory is such a total slime, compltely without conscience -- and enjoyng every moment of her terror.

Plausible story Magda thought up, IF you don't know Edward and his scoffing at all things supernatural.  Now if melty face Q only comprehended the message.

Ooh he is a practiced sociopath isn't he?  Playing right on her insecurities to weaken her so she falls into place with their scheme.

Hmm interesting that Judith says she hasn;t done much sewing.  In more than one scene we see her in front of a big embroidery frame in the drawing room, (Or maybe that's later in the storyline?  I don't remember exact scene, but I do remember the very authentic looking embroidery frame.)

Oh YIKES how did Trask find out about the babies?   Who opened their big yap and blurted that out??  Even if he's been nosing in the books, they paid Mrs. Fillmore in cash, so SOMEONE had to have told.  Judith's the only suspect makes sense.

LOL jailbreak via barnabat.   [blackbat]

Oh oh, I think I know where this is going. Magda doesn't see the ghost, RIGHT after the threat about the children. Nice speech she gave Trask about having to do what he said.  Again, an example of Magda having sympathy even if undeserved after the way Judith treated her and hers.

Meltyface is getting some brain cells back.  His instinct took him to Collinwood, even if he doesn't know what it is.  Ah the moving gramophone is back downstairs, guaranteed he's gonna hear the music and be himself again.  LOL BINGO! Snicker, he doesn't remember his childhood home, but he remembers all the lyrics to the song.  [gramophone]

OI these people are DIM.  Here's a tall skinny guy in the drawing room, wearing your brother's clothes, listening to your brother's music and speaking to you in his voice -- but he's not Quentin.   [nut]   [hdscrt] [6184]  Would have made more sense if she asked what happened to his face. Then again, poor thing is not operating on all cylinders.  She goes from Mr melty face to see the shade of Minerva in the drawing room with a knife (where's Col Mustard when you need him?)

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0790
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 12:37:12 AM »
It seems that Clarice Blackburn is getting more work as the dead Minerva than when she was living.  It seemed when Trask slapped Judith that the timing was off.  If I were Judith just marrried  to Trask, and he treated me that way, He'd be history.  Judith had been played as if she were nobody's fool, but I guess love (no matter how icky) can do that to some people.  The ghost is really creepy.  Then to top it off poor Judith get's treated to clay Quentin.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:44:40 AM »
If I were Judith just marrried to Trask, and he treated me that way, He'd be history. 
Then to top it off poor Judith get's treated to clay Quentin.

They're all history!

They call him the Play-Doh Playboy.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:41:55 AM »
Major Milestones: [milestone]

1. Barnabas set Quentin free from "gaol".
2. Quentin returned to Collinwood with amnesia. He listened to his music, and it "healed" him - made him remember who he was again.  [ghost_smiley]
3. Judith did not recognize Quentin!

Judith really should have recognized Quentin. He was like Quentin in every way except for his face. Same hair, same clothes, same body, same voice, same music. I guess she was so distressed by "Minerva" that she wasn't thinking clearly. [ghost_undecided]

When Trask slapped Judith, the sound effect was late.  [rofl10] I thought it was despicable of Trask to lock Judith in her room with "Minerva" and then blackmail Magda into pretending that "Minerva" wasn't there. Judith was a changed woman - from being so strong and powerful to this pile of mush. I'll say it again: I hate Trask!  [ghost_mad]

But then Magda got back at Trask later (at least with her words). I love how Magda rolled the "r" when she told Trask, "I recognize you." It was great when she spit on the ground and called him "swine". [thumb]

Unfortunately, we didn't get to actually see Barnabas when he let Quentin out of jail. But it was really neat when the door opened by itself.  [ghost_grin]

Minerva's specter certainly was spooky. It gives me the "willies". It was really scary when she came at Judith with the knife at the end. Poor Judith had it from both sides - she saw pasty-faced Quentin and then turned around, and there was "Minerva"! [ghost_shocked]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:10 PM »
For a brief moment I thought good for Judith!  After being locked in with Conjure-Wife Minerva, she got in her face and told her, "You won't get me."

This policeman, unlike the last one, knows who Edward Collins is.  It was awfully ballsy of Barnabas to bite him into unconsciousness but (I'm assuming) not so much that he created another vampire.  (If he could close in to bite him, why didn't he just use hypnosis?)  Interesting that this speaking part didn't earn the actor a spot in the credits.  Does anyone know his name?

I like Magda's sea-green shawl.  And it's interesting to hear her talk about being a world traveler.

Luckily for Quentin and Barnabas, there was only 1 full moon night this month.

Gregory to Judith:  "Minerva used to sit for hours on end-- stitch, stitch, stitch."
For some reason that just kills me.

Gregory, again:  "She still seems sew real to me. Sew close. Sew very close."
Sorry.  I'm easily entertained.

ANOTHER badly telegraphed slap, with a sound cue that seemed off.
It seemed when Trask slapped Judith that the timing was off.
When Trask slapped Judith, the sound effect was late.  [rofl10]

PLEASE read the other posts in the topic before adding any comments of your own to insure that you're not merely repeating them.  This is actually a standard rule on most posting boards.

Quote from: Pansity
Hmm interesting that Judith says she hasn;t done much sewing.  In more than one scene we see her in front of a big embroidery frame in the drawing room, (Or maybe that's later in the storyline?  I don't remember exact scene, but I do remember the very authentic looking embroidery frame.)

I thought that was odd too.  The scenes came early in the storyline; I'm pretty sure one of them was just before the reading of the will.

They call him the Play-Doh Playboy.
[lghy]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 10:20:22 PM »
Does anyone know his name?

pansyfaye tells me that the cop was played by Robert Warlock.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
Robert Warlock's greasy-looking locks didn't appeal to me.  I liked him much better when, with Quentin, we only heard him.

It's a good thing for Quentin that Judith didn't recognize him, because Play-Doh Quentin has already been identified by Edward as the werewolf.  (Note: the spell checker suggested that I meant "Plato", not "Play-Doh".)

Snicker, he doesn't remember his childhood home, but he remembers all the lyrics to the song.
That's perfect Dark Shadows.  Music always is so influential in the show that it's practically magical.  And I have no problem with it, because my aural memory is more vivid to me than my visual memory.

It does seem strange that Judith wimped out so badly, but her possession by Minerva had to have been pretty unnerving, on top of the great change in her life made by her marriage.  She probably absorbed the same beliefs about marriage that Edward apparently had - that the wife is to be subservient - and on some level agreed with Edward that she just wasn't cut out for marriage.  So now here she is, married of her own free will to a preacher man, and she's got to be a good girl and subdue all her impulses to dominate.

We heard Quentin saying the words to his song, outside of Charity's dream.  So Charity had them right in her dream.  I have trouble with that.