Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0918  (Read 509 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0918
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:28:32 PM »
Robservations #918

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0918

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:51:38 PM »
David is now the keeper of the book and Barnabas's messenger. He says Elizabeth did well with Paul but reminds her that Julia is her responsibility. What are you going to do about Julia? Kill her! Elizabeth replies promptly, with a particularly demented smile.

Julia scours the newspapers for news of any animal attacks and calls Olivia to check, but neither them has seen or heard anything of Quentin.

Only Elizabeth Collins Stoddard would carry a gun in a metallic gold tote bag! Julia wants to take a look at Paul, but Elizabeth reminds her that Paul is (conveniently for the Leviathans) terrified of her. As Julia turns her back to gather up the newspapers, Elizabeth pulls out the gun and points it at Julia. She hesitates a moment, then nearly breaks down in tears at the thought of shooting the woman who is her friend and a friend of the whole family. She slips the gun back into the bag and turns to leave. Julia notices her distress, but Elizabeth makes a hasty exit. She find David in the foyer (no doubt waiting for the bang) and tells him, I kept remembering things she had said, things that she had done for us--all of us. I just couldn’t go through with it. After a long pause, David replies, I see. Tell me what to do, Elizabeth begs him. David says, The book can give you strength to put the past out of your mind. We must think only of the time that is coming. The book is there to guide us.

Julia has been hanging with Grant/Quentin for far too long, because right after her unsuspected brush with death, she pours herself a brandy. Suddenly Chris Jennings bursts in, his coat flying open, his tie untied, his hair askew--but he's still very handsome! He complains about his "cage" at Windcliff and announces, We are going to visit Charles Delaware Tate. I can no longer be both a man and an animal. There must be hope for you somewhere, Julia insists, but Tate is not the answer--he isn’t capable of helping anyone. Go back to Windcliff, she tells Chris, then surprises him by revealing, Grant Douglas is Quentin Collins--and Grant Douglas disappeared last night. Chris remembers bitterly, The ghost of Jenny told me to find Quentin Collins, and then I’d be all right. Maybe I should forget that too. Quentin somehow overcame the curse, Julia reminds him. Perhaps when he regains his memory he will be able to tell us how. You don’t believe that, Chris replies angrily. In fact you’re terrified that Quentin hasn’t overcome anything at all. Julia has to admit he’s right.

Meanwhile, Grant Douglas/Quentin Collins stumbles into Olivia Corey’s suite. His hair is disheveled and his clothes are torn, but he too is still extremely handsome. He pours himself a drink and slumps into a chair.

David and Elizabeth pore over the Leviathan book. David turns to his favorite page--the one with the illuminated image of the Naga--and reads. Even though the text is completely garbled, Elizabeth hangs on his every word and asks what it means. David tells her, It means you’re a true Leviathan--something inside you kept you from killing Julia [note he doesn’t say Dr. Hoffman!] and disobeying the book. Elizabeth doesn’t want to take credit for it and says, I was thinking only of my friendship with Julia. It was Leviathan, David insists. Somehow you knew that the spirit of a dead enemy is more dangerous than the enemy himself.

Quentin is still drinking when Julia arrives, looking for Olivia. He too rages at being kept in a cage by Julia. ulia stares at him and agrees quietly, Whatever happened, it wasn’t your fault. It was, Quentin replies. I didn’t have to hit the guy. Seeing Julia’s surprise, he explains, I got into a fight at the Hi-Hat Lounge. A guy kept staring at the girl I was with [and whom we needn’t worry about, because she is never seen or heard from]. I went there to find out more about Grant Douglas, but didn’t have much luck. I did find out about Frederick Thorne because someone recognized the locker key. When I opened the locker, I found an envelope containing some frantic letters from a girl asking why I abandoned her, a driver’s license that says Thorne was born in 1942--and a newspaper photo of Olivia Corey. Julia examines the envelope and its contents, then hesitantly asks, Are you sure you went to the Hi-Hat Lounge? Quentin explodes again. What do you think Quentin Collins was doing? he shouts. What kind of man is he? Julia makes no reply, even when he screams at her, Does it change your image of me that I got into a fight? Julia returns the envelope. Nothing has changed my image of you, she replies, perhaps ironically, and makes a hasty exit.

Julia returns to Collinwood, where Chris has waited for her. He listens as she calls the Hi-Hat Lounge and gets confirmation of everything that Quentin told her--including that the fight happened around midnight. So whoever he is, Chris concludes, he isn’t a werewolf. The portrait worked, Julia says, so it still exists. For the first and almost only time, Chris Jennings smiles hopefully.

Quentin is STILL drinking when Chris arrives and introduces himself (though without mentioning their kinship). Chris asks Quentin to go with him to see Charles Delaware Tate. Tate doesn’t know me and would refuse to see me if I came alone--but he does know Quentin Collins. I’ve had enough of Quentin Collins to last me ten lifetimes! Quentin shouts [little does he know!]. it might help you find out who you are, Chris says. I’m not Quentin! the other man insists. Chris steps back silently, maybe getting ready to leave, and Quentin relents. I’ll come with you, he says. I’ll even say I’m Quentin Collins if it will help you get in. Chris is relieved. I’ll do the talking when we get there, he says.

At Collinwood, Elizabeth gazes contritely at the portrait of Barnabas. She tells David, I’ve failed Barnabas by not dealing with Julia. David assures her, You will when the time is right. I’ll go talk to Barnabas to make sure he isn’t angry with you.

Quentin and Chris arrive at Tate’s house in Cornith Bend and get the same treatment Julia did: The voice over the loudspeaker tells them to go away. You will see me, Quentin says--because I am Quentin Collins. The front door opens abruptly, and they enter the darkened sitting room, where as before the young-looking Tate appears to be seated at the backlit desk. Once Tate gets a look at Grant he shouts, Liar! You aren’t Quentin Collins! You’re a young man! Quentin observes to Chris, You told me Tate was an old man. Yes, Tate replies, old in years--but there are ways of remaining young if one has true genius and one is a true artist. That’s right, Quentin. You see, I called you Quentin. I called you Quentin because you are merely another example of the genius of Charles Delaware Tate--_my_ genius! I’ve never forgiven you for taking Amanda Harris from me. Who is Amanda Harris? Quentin asks, puzzled. It’s true love after all! Tate says and laughs his madman’s laugh. Stop that! Quentin shouts. He throws a vase at Tate. He covers his ears to shut out Tate’s laughter, so he doesn’t notice the vase shatter against Tate’s body. Quentin turns to leave. Chris tries to stop him from going, but he runs out of the house. As Chris watches, the body collapses, and the head rolls onto the floor. Amazed and repelled, Chris reaches down and picks up the head. The face is a perfect likeness of Charles Delaware Tate......

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 04:09:52 AM »
What in the world happened to the chandelier in Tate's study:

Did he and/or his guests swing from one side of it once too often?!  [b003]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile