Author Topic: The Leviathan's True Form  (Read 824 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
The Leviathan's True Form
« on: May 16, 2003, 07:39:18 AM »
I was going to mention this a little while back, but thought I'd wait until this episode when it's explicitly stated.  Barnabas clearly tells Quentin that in order for Jeb to change to his true form, he has to be in the special room.

Presumably that would apply to his younger selves.  Yet, when Alexander terrorized Paul, first with the breathing and then becoming the young Carolyn, and when Michael chased Maggie into the secret passages and later when he returned, we clearly heard the breathing and presumably he had changed.

We saw them both at Collinwood, as Alexander and as Michael, before these incidents, so he clearly changed form there.
Josette

Offline Debra

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:The Leviathan's True Form
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 06:34:21 AM »
I was under the impression that he could change anywhere he wanted to but the room at the antique shop was supposidly the only place where he would be really safe when doing so.  Im thinking this because Barnabas is always saying how "safe" he is when he's in his room.

Deb

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:The Leviathan's True Form
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 07:11:34 AM »
I was under the impression that he could change anywhere he wanted to but the room at the antique shop was supposidly the only place where he would be really safe when doing so.  Im thinking this because Barnabas is always saying how "safe" he is when he's in his room.

By now I've taped over it, so I can't go back to check, but I'm sure that Barnabas told Quentin that he could change from his true form to Jeb anywhere, but that to change from Jeb to the true form he had to be in the room.  We know they are inconsistent, but having already had him do it, they surely could have found some other way around it.
Josette