Author Topic: NO NOT HIM PLEASE!!!  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
NO NOT HIM PLEASE!!!
« on: April 03, 2003, 09:08:47 PM »
Another great show and i loved the way
Aristede was threatened by Count Petofi
today!!!  And telling the dear boy that
Garth BlackWood is going to come back!!!
" As if to say  Please don't rattle my chain??
Get it you guys????  Hey don't leave me!!
( Anne who is very happy The Q-man is
 back YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                   Love Anne ;D ;D ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Re:NO NOT HIM PLEASE!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 03:11:18 AM »
I want to know who was doing Aristede's makeup I have not seen that much eye make-up on anyone ever befpre.  It was scary

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Connie

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2003, 06:18:24 AM »
It was scary

It sure was.  LAFB said if you dressed him up he could have passed for a geisha girl.

By the way, how'd his face get so dirty?

-CLC
Who believes both Tate and Aristede were in strong contention today for the Teleprompter award - seriously threatening Barnabas' lead.
[grinb]

PS   Hi Anne  [wavey]
       I'm sure glad that precious Q-Baby is back in his own body too!!
       [hello]

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2003, 02:37:02 PM »
I like that new name for Aristede "Geisha Boy".

Birdie
Birdie--

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2003, 06:19:27 PM »
I want to know who was doing Aristede's makeup I have not seen that much eye make-up on anyone ever befpre.  It was scary
I hear ya Birdie! Aristeed is looking more and more like a pre-Goth era Goth...just needed to darken up that hair a bit more and lighten up the face a smidge with some clown white.

Speaking of hair raising experiences, you may recall what's coming in another storyline where one of the sub-plots could have been titled "Race to the Roof of Collinwood" featuring the amazing grow as you watch super-boufant dos of both Michael Stroka and Lara Parker. [haironend]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2003, 07:43:01 PM »
I hear ya Birdie! Aristeed is looking more and more like a pre-Goth era Goth...just needed to darken up that hair a bit more and lighten up the face a smidge with some clown white.

Speaking of hair raising experiences, you may recall what's coming in another storyline where one of the sub-plots could have been titled "Race to the Roof of Collinwood" featuring the amazing grow as you watch super-boufant dos of both Michael Stroka and Lara Parker. [haironend]

Heehee i was waiting for you to mention that Castle Bee
there must have been a hair spray shortage then!and his makeup such a Glamour NONO! Tacky!

jennifer
don't forget when Aristede leaves we always have Bruno!
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Aristia

• Junior Poster
  • Crazy like a fox!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2003, 11:56:39 PM »
Yay!

Ok, I have to admit the horrible truth.  I find Aristede terribly, infinitly amusing...Bruno too.   :D

I know, I'm probably gonna be considered "icky" now, but I just can't dislike anyone who makes me giggle so hard!

Geisha Girl, I like that!

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 12:30:40 AM »
Ok, I have to admit the horrible truth.  I find Aristede terribly, infinitly amusing...Bruno too.   :D
Aristia, you're not alone.  I get a major kick out of Michael Stroka's characters.  He had great comic timing, IMO.

There's a particular line coming up in the next storyline that makes me crack up every time I think of it.  Charging out to face the werewolf, Bruno declares to Jeb, "Don't worry, you've got Bruno!"  The line sounds ridiculous in or out of context, but somehow Stroka pulls it off.

ProfStokes

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 05:10:47 PM »
Aristia, you're not alone.  I get a major kick out of Michael Stroka's characters.  He had great comic timing, IMO.

There's a particular line coming up in the next storyline that makes me crack up every time I think of it.  Charging out to face the werewolf, Bruno declares to Jeb, "Don't worry, you've got Bruno!"  The line sounds ridiculous in or out of context, but somehow Stroka pulls it off.

ProfStokes

oh i agree with both of you i do enjoy his roles! He  had some of the funniest lines and did a good job with them!that is why we have such fun laughing at them! wait till Bruno of 1970PT the one hit wonder!

another DS actor taken too soon!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 05:22:20 PM »
Stroka left the biggest (good) impression on me of all the DS actors ever to grace us with their presence at a fest.

dom

Offline Aristia

• Junior Poster
  • Crazy like a fox!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 01:50:47 AM »
I really wanted to meet him, but I never got to a fest in time  :(

...actually, I still have yet to make it to one!  Here's hoping for one of these years.

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2003, 06:26:12 AM »
Your first fest is always the best, IMHO. After that it's the friends you make and meet fest after fest that make them fun; again, IMHO.

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2003, 02:51:38 AM »
Dom,
          I would love to "hear" your story about meeting Michael Stroka.  It is always fun to hear those stories from other fans especially good ones.

Birdie
Birdie--

Offline dom

• Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2003, 07:08:17 PM »
Hi Birdie,

Hope you are having a fabulous Saturday.

I attended my first fest in L.A. several years ago (5 or 6?). This was when there was one autograph table and you had to wait in line for hours. I was toward the end of the autograph line. M Stroka and M Wallace started at the end of the line and worked their way toward the front signing autographs and chatting with us fans. Michael was so gracious, comfortable, and sincere. Big smile, handshake, and coaxing small talk out of even the most shy fan. And he spoke to each and every fan in line, posed for pics, etc. He was my first celeb one-on-one and I was very impressed. I recognized him immediately and was so surprised when I realized what he was doing. At first I thought he recognized someone in line and stoped to chat with them. I was so impressed when I realized what his intentions were. He left the autograph table and came to us (who were suffering and in waiting). I'll never forget it.

Not much of a story but a moment I'll never forget. It was a big deal for a first time attendee such as I.

dom

IluvBarnabas

Re: NO NOT HIM PLEASE!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »
Stroka did a magnificant job portraying Aristede as such a dastardly villian...I don't know when I hated the guy more, when he [spoiler]tied Quentin to the table with that huge blade swinging over him, him trying to kill Julia and have Barnabas be the one who shot her, him slapping Amanda around, or his trying to shoot Judith.[/spoiler] Aristede was pure scum, there wasn't an ounce of charm about him! >:(

But as I said Stroka was wonderful in the role. :)

edited by mod