Author Topic: OT: No Matter Where You Are, There You Is  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
OT: No Matter Where You Are, There You Is
« on: October 26, 2003, 05:47:04 AM »
So I'm in Barnes & Noble the other day and they have their little selection of supernatural/horror books for Hallowe'en and I picked up an anthology called "100 Wicked Little Witch Stories."  It looked good. I have a real job now and therefore can afford to buy things not on the remainder table (Woohoo!).

Guess who's got a story in here?

"Somewhere My Love" by Stephen Mark Rainey  8)

And it's a very good one at that (no surprise there). Just thought I'd share  8)
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT: No Matter Where You Are, There You Is
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 09:06:07 AM »
How nice!!  Good work, Mark!!!
Josette

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 05:16:51 PM »
Luciaphil...can you tell a little more about the book?

Thanks NOW,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 05:33:53 PM »
It's the best story in there.

He also has one in their 100 Vicious Little Vampire Storiesp that is very CREEPY, but the book is harder to find.  I got mine used-- sorry, Mark, I never intended to cheat you out of royalties, but they didn't leave me any choice.  I'll send you a check. ;)

Offline Luciaphile

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 09:13:14 PM »
It's the best story in there.

He also has one in their 100 Vicious Little Vampire Storiesp that is very CREEPY, but the book is harder to find.  I got mine used-- sorry, Mark, I never intended to cheat you out of royalties, but they didn't leave me any choice.  I'll send you a check. ;)

They had that book there too. Damn. Wish I'd checked it out.

Patti, not sure what you want to know. It's an anthology of short stories dealing with witches. Some creepy, some funny, etc.

Publication info as follows:

100 Wicked Little Witch Stories. Edited by Stefan Dziemianowicz, Robert Weinberg, and Martin H. Greenberg. New York: Barnes & Noble Books, 1995. ISBN: 1566197627
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 10:39:14 PM »
Barnes and Nobles.com has no copies available of the hardcover at this time.....but "100 Wicked Little Witch Stories" is available this month in paperback and they have it for 11.65 plus tax and shipping.

"100 Vicious Little Vampire Stories" came out in paperback in 1996 and neither the paperback nor the hardcover is available at this time, except for used copies, which Barnes and Nobles.com appears to have.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Luciaphile

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 10:44:24 PM »
That may be the case for the online B&N, but it might be worth a shot to check out your local store, which is what I did  8)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 12:16:59 AM »
I only wish.  My local Barnes and Noble is a vast wasteland.....I have NEVER gone in there in search of a particular title and managed to find it.....NEVER!  >:(
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 01:13:25 AM »
Thanks for the notes. I have stories in several of the B&N anthologies: 100 CREEPY CREATURE STORIES, 100 VICIOUS VAMPIRE STORIES, 100 WICKED WITCH STORIES, and HORRORS! 365 SCARY STORIES. The packaging on these books is very nice, both hardcover and softcover, and they're quite inexpensive -- when you can find them. For a time, they were all over the place in every Barnes & Noble I ever went to, but over the years, they've become more scarce.

Coincidentally, I was asked at the office to read one of my scary stories on Halloween. I'm given 15 minutes to do so, so I offered them the choice of a lighthearted farce about a serial killer in Hell trying to get out for bad behavior ("The Jack-o-Lantern Memoires" in OCTOBERLAND) or a romantic comedy about vampires and buckets of blood pouring from people's heads ("Angels of the Mist" in 100 VICIOUS VAMPIRE STORIES).

Human Resources called back and said I'd better not read the serial killer in Hell story.

A wise choice. ;)

--Mark

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 01:21:56 AM »
Human Resources called back and said I'd better not read the serial killer in Hell story.

Spoilsports.  [wink2]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 01:43:33 AM »
Luciaphil.....this might amuse you: my daughter has to read a scary story this week to her Oral Communications class.

Out of the (literally) hundreds of spooky short stories in this house, she chose E.F. Benson's "The Room in the Tower"  ::)

Sorry, Mark....she hasn't read "October Dreams" yet!
Dylan Thomas