Author Topic: Has membership opened up again?......  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Has membership opened up again?......
« on: April 19, 2003, 03:24:42 PM »
.....I see a new cousin joined us very early this morning......did I miss a mention of this somewhere  ???

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Has membership opened up again?......
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 03:39:56 PM »
No, registrations remain closed.

There was a brief window following the upgrade in which the registration page was accessible.  Our newest member happened along at just that time. :)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2003, 12:50:34 AM »
Is re-opening membership something that simply has to wait until the final server move?  Or is it a complicated sequence of things that have to take place first?  If this has been discussed somewhere I'm afraid I haven't caught it.

I guess I'm just asking if there's any idea when it might happen..........new voices are fun to have around  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2003, 02:49:04 AM »
new voices are fun to have around  ;)

I agree!

We can already handle an influx of visitors [on this server] and plan to reopen for registrations and guest traffic very soon.  I know I said that before but then we were forced to convert to a version that MB was less familiar with, and, well, you know the rest.

Anyway, we expect our visitor numbers to really climb-- the list I've compiled of persons interested in learning when it'll happen has become quite large, and the forum log records the attempts to register by unique visitors and sometimes there are several per day-- and so we want to be completely ready for it, yet there still remains one issue that MB plans to care of first before we reopen.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2003, 03:16:26 AM »
When visitors were first banned, MB had an explanation for the "Count" that sometimes included a visitor or 2.  I think it was if someone was trying to get in; or if someone had just signed off and was still being counted.

Anyway, lately I've been noticing more visitors listed.  There were several the other night and I was wondering about how that could be.  Are visitors getting in but just not new members yet?
Josette

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 03:29:28 AM »
Are visitors getting in but just not new members yet?

Anyone that comes to the main page at dsboards.com that isn't already logged in is counted as a guest.  But no one can get past the login/registration pages until they've logged into an established account.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2003, 06:16:19 AM »
Anyway, we expect our visitor numbers to really climb-- the list I've compiled of persons interested in learning when it'll happen has become quite large, and the forum log records the attempts to register by unique visitors and sometimes there are several per day-- and so we want to be completely ready for it, yet there still remains one issue that MB plans to care of first before we reopen.

i can hardly wait for all the new 'blood' to arrive!  *yummy necks to bite with no previous marks on them.*