Author Topic: Gotta risk my Karma....  (Read 1340 times)

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
Gotta risk my Karma....
« on: February 22, 2003, 01:09:51 AM »
and bring up an old subject: The 'Go To First Unread Post' feature.  It sure would be nice, since 'we' [read: the mods] are going thru a series of changes anyway.  I just spent about a week reading thru the '1245' thread, thinking 'geeze this sounds familiar' because I didn't look at the date, and thought it was a new thread, till I came across a wonderfully intelligent and humorous post, and realized the posters name was 'RingoCollins' and the last episode of 'Enterprise' deja vu'ed me right in the bald spot!  I do visit/disrupt other boards [mostly music boards and GSN] and the ones that have that feature are very easy to keep up with where ya left off.  I know, I know, try reading the bleeding date, Ringo, but lazy I am, and will continue to be.  Not complaining, at all, you guys are juggling many balls right now, and I know the squirels are having to use heat lamps to keep their nuts warm right now anyway, but I just thought I would bring it up, again.  Any other way I could be a painintheass?

You guys are doing a great job,
please don't slash my karma rating!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Gotta risk my Karma....
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 01:53:06 AM »
and bring up an old subject: The 'Go To First Unread Post' feature.
I spent most of my free time yesterday sorting through 1582 posts on the YaBBSE site, checking the mods that are currently available for this SE setup and, unfortunately, the "New Postsings" feature that we had on the SP forum isn't (yet) available. :( But this version was only released on January 22nd, so I hope it's just a matter of time. The thing is, this version of SE is almost totally different internally than past versions have been, so writing/updating mods will take more time than it normally does when there are only a few changes here and there in only some of the scripts.

Not complaining, at all, you guys are juggling many balls right now, and I know the squirels are having to use heat lamps to keep their nuts warm right now anyway, but I just thought I would bring it up, again.  Any other way I could be a painintheass?
You're NEVER a pain in the ass. ;)

Now, would we do that to you? :)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 02:45:37 AM »
[/size]

Ringo, I discovered today that if you click the (blue) "new" icon that appears after the topic on any given board, it will display the earliest unread post in that string. I was so relieved!

[/size]

LOL. I see you learned my lesson.  ;)

Karmacly (and comically) challenged dom  ;D

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2003, 03:52:42 AM »
I see you learned my lesson.
Ringo was never in danger. Unlike you, he asked that we please not smite him. You, on the other hand, said that you were "expecting to be smited," so I surely didn't want to "disappoint" you.  ;D

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2003, 09:35:05 AM »
Ringo, I discovered today that if you click the (blue) "new" icon that appears after the topic on any given board, it will display the earliest unread post in that string. I was so relieved!
Wow, thanks!!!

Now that deserves a round of applause, hee hee.

Offline RingoCollins

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2003, 05:39:50 PM »
[/size]

[/size]

LOL. I see you learned my lesson.  ;)

Karmacly (and comically) challenged dom  ;D

WOW!
 ;D Now THAT deserves a big round of apple sause in my book!  That is exactly what I was talking about  - Now all is perfect on the Dark [shadows] Planet! [I can live without spell check, if ya'll can live with my spelling!!!!] and I just got confirmed that I am going to the Old UK to see Paul some more in April!

Thanks dom :-*, et al, go commune with sTokes for a while!

Ringo, Karmacly Conscious
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!