Author Topic: Kinda OT - Laura Collins  (Read 865 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Kinda OT - Laura Collins
« on: April 13, 2003, 05:53:52 PM »
The 1897 storyline is over, and we're a long distance now from Laura's late 19th century appearance, so this is kinda (well, it actually is) an old news item, but I just read something on an AOL DS board old post.  It had to do with the Laura thing, and brought up something that never occured to me (and it might've been discussed here back at the appropriate time, but I probably forgot).  Now, forget that they chucked the whole Phoenix-Laura-appears-every-100-years, and just had her pop in whenever they so desired.  Forget that.  This has to do with the relationship between 1897 Laura, her son Jamison, and his descendents.  Jamison happened to become Roger's father (and Roger, of course, David's father).  Does this mean that Laura later married and had sex with her own grandson, and produced an offspring?  And that offspring was not only her son, but her great-grandson as well?  As one of the posters on the AOL board said, maybe that's what Roger meant by wanting to investigate his "incestors".

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Kinda OT - Laura Collins
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 07:57:41 PM »
You have a point there Gerard i never
thought of it that way at all!
                Love Anne
( Ps. How are you feeling ?)
                 8)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 05:53:35 AM »
The 1897 storyline is over, and we're a long distance now from Laura's late 19th century appearance, so this is kinda (well, it actually is) an old news item, but I just read something on an AOL DS board old post.  It had to do with the Laura thing, and brought up something that never occured to me (and it might've been discussed here back at the appropriate time, but I probably forgot).  Now, forget that they chucked the whole Phoenix-Laura-appears-every-100-years, and just had her pop in whenever they so desired.  Forget that.  This has to do with the relationship between 1897 Laura, her son Jamison, and his descendents.  Jamison happened to become Roger's father (and Roger, of course, David's father).  Does this mean that Laura later married and had sex with her own grandson, and produced an offspring?  And that offspring was not only her son, but her great-grandson as well?  As one of the posters on the AOL board said, maybe that's what Roger meant by wanting to investigate his "incestors".

Gerard
ROTFLMAO
quess it does Gerard explains David's weirdness doesn't it?
now if we could explain Hallie/Carrie she is more annoying than Amanda because she is in more episodes!

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2003, 08:11:54 AM »
    As one of the posters on the AOL board said, maybe that's what Roger meant by wanting to investigate his "incestors".

LOL!!! Gerard I never thought of it that way before but it does make alot of sense now!!  What a family!!   I bet the writers never thought of that either!! [spin][rollb]
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 01:05:29 PM »
Well, too, don't forget Barn recognized Laura from HIS childhood, which means by the time she got 'around' to Edward, she was 'already' into the 'family' 'thang'...if you catch my drift...(Eddie would've been one of her relatives, capice?)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Julian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 02:26:21 PM »
Yes, it seems Roger married his own grandmother.  Talk about dysfunctional.  I think someone once argued that since Laura recreated herself every so often, she wasn't exactly the same person, but in the 1897 meeting between Barnabas and Laura, she also remembers him from when she was married to Jeremiah - so if she has memories from her previous existances that would seem to mean she is the same person.  Ugh, this has given me a headache!