Author Topic: I Can't Resist  (Read 891 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
I Can't Resist
« on: May 05, 2007, 12:05:48 AM »
Now, I don't know if it's just me seeing it, or if it's just a funny, little flub in the transition to the new board format, but the pics for the day are new ones, but with the commentaries on what's happening from the day before.  But if you read them and look at the pics, you'll have a wonderful time!  The funniest one has the caption:  "Angelique sticks a pin in a doll..." (I'm paraphrasing here), and it's a picture of Cyrus with his hands behind him, as if he's suddenly holding his butt in pain.  I still have tears streaming down my face.  Oh, after a long and very trying week (including having a bomb threat at one of the schools I was working in), I so needed that!

Gerard

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: I Can't Resist
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 02:53:20 AM »
Hi Gerard thats funny about Cryus and Angelique ...   Glad everyone was okay at your school
you work at .              Take Care  Love Anne ;D
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 04:45:29 AM »
the pics for the day are new ones, but with the commentaries on what's happening from the day before.

I had written a routine for the previous system which changed the captions as well as the captures automatically every day at 7pm ET/4pm PT. But so far I've only got the captures changing automatically, which is why I've been changing the captions myself, and that takes a few minutes to do just after the captures have changed. But all will be back to working automatically before long.  ;)

But if you read them and look at the pics, you'll have a wonderful time!  The funniest one has the caption:  "Angelique sticks a pin in a doll..." (I'm paraphrasing here), and it's a picture of Cyrus with his hands behind him, as if he's suddenly holding his butt in pain.  I still have tears streaming down my face.

I haven't seen any of them. But I'm very glad that at least a few of them have been that amusing.  :D

Hmmm - now you've got me wondering if perhaps I should just leave the captions out of sync.  ;D

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:57:29 PM »
They were hysterical, MB!  I'm glad I was able to catch 'em before you were able to finish changing the captions.  Like I said, I so needed that moment of wonderful laughter in my life.  (You can get a little edgy and stressed when you're searching through a locker room looking for a possible explosive device.)  It was like a pot-luck "Caption This" thread that was a riot.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
Well, here's your favorite one so that you can come back to it whenever you need a laugh:

1968: Ep #485 - Cassandra sticks a pin in a clay doll representation of
Dr. Lang and...

Who knew Cassandra's powers could cross time bands to have an effect on people who weren't even her intended victims?!  ;D

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »
Gee, I just finished reworking the automatic captions routine for SMF 1.1.2 - but should I install it? Decisions, decisions...