Author Topic: The Rookies with Kate Jackson-Coming to TV Land!  (Read 2022 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
The Rookies with Kate Jackson-Coming to TV Land!
« on: April 26, 2002, 02:13:43 AM »
According to PB, at the Sitcoms Online Boards (Very Reliable btw), "The Rookies", Kate Jackon's 1972-1976 show, will start airing on TV Land 7-days-a-week starting May 27th at 2 PM EST.

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
    • ..::Shadows.in.a.Mirror::..
Re: The Rookies with Kate Jackson-Coming to TV Land!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 06:01:20 AM »
*GIANT INHALATION* OOOOOHHH MY GAAAAAWSH!!!!! really????? eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *bounces up an down* I've *always* wanted 2 c The Rookies...I've seen CA, SAMK and DS, lol. KJ is my faaaav actress..eeeeeeeeeeeee......I hope TVLand starts 2 air it.....yaaaaaay!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"
D&Q,L&D,C&B&T&J&B&A4E!&S2 ^_^

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - for Daphne
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2002, 06:22:26 AM »
Dearest Daphne,

How come you don't log in?  It seems to me it would make reading the board SO much easier for you!

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
Re: OT - for Daphne
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2002, 11:30:50 PM »
:-/ LOL well I changed my e-mail address and my PW at the same time...thinking that both would save, and i could delete the thingie that I made @ hotmail......and then I guess my PW didn't save....grrrr....and it reset, but I'm thinking the e-mail telling me what it was changed to went 2 my AOL adddress....even tho idk y one would save and not the other....*sigh*
"Dude, the difference between your moods is like night and day!" || "Surely someone must have given you something ... !?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: OT - for Daphne
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2002, 12:34:59 AM »
:-/ LOL well I changed my e-mail address and my PW at the same time...thinking that both would save, and i could delete the thingie that I made @ hotmail......and then I guess my PW didn't save....grrrr....and it reset, but I'm thinking the e-mail telling me what it was changed to went 2 my AOL adddress....even tho idk y one would save and not the other....*sigh*

Oh dear.  Yes, if you change your email address, the forum automatically sends out another password, and unfortunately there's still no patch to get emails through to aol.  But we can change the addy back for you, though you will, of course, be sent another password (eek!) and then you'll be able to change it again to something you prefer.  I need to ask you to do me a favor-- could you send the hotmail address to Midnite@dsboards.com ?

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2002, 07:05:01 AM »
Okies, sent....................TY MIDNIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

stupid AOL  ::)  >:(

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2002, 02:14:09 PM »
I always enjoyed THE ROOKIES, although I wondered why those three stayed rookies for so long--were they bad at being cops?

And it always made me laugh that no matter where in the city someone was injured, they ALWAYS brought the patient to the hospital where Kate Jackson's character worked.  

It was a very enjoyable show, and I remember being very happy for Kate Jackson when I saw her in it, feeling she had hit Hollywood and "arrived."

Love, Robin
Author, LAUGH OUT LOUDS FOR MOMS
(The perfect gift for a mom you love for Mother's Day)

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2002, 08:30:36 PM »
It was a very enjoyable show, and I remember being very happy for Kate Jackson when I saw her in it, feeling she had hit Hollywood and "arrived."

I'm looking 4ward 2 seeing it!!! I hope they [tvland] do put it in their schedule....Then I'd have CA, DS, SAMK aaaaand the Rookies!!!! OMG!!! All of KJ's shows!!!! *BOUNCES AROUND HAPPILY* THAT'D B SO KEWL!!! Not that I'd have time 2 watch them all, of course, but stiiiillll!!!! I've seen clips of it from various KJ fanpages, but I've never seen the whole thing. And of course, I have pix of it, 2. LOL I found one of Jill, and it was labeled, "Kate Jackson as Jill." And I never knew that the char's name was Jill, and I thought they were talking about Charlie's Angels....and I was like  ?!?  ?!? "No....that's Farrah Fawcett........whaaa?" LOL eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I could go on all day and all night.......*puts her hand over her mouth so she can't type anymore* *excited bounce*

*~*

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2002, 10:42:48 PM »
sorry guys i just never liked any of her shows after DS but i did like a few of her tv moviesIt was always disappointing to me because i really liked her as Daphne!
she still looks great though !

jennifer

we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2002, 11:59:52 PM »
I don't know I think her co-star in the Rookies was kind of cute.  You know the one with the dark hair.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2002, 03:53:41 AM »
Birdie wrote:
I don't know I think her co-star in the Rookies was kind of cute.  You know the one with the dark hair.

Michael Ontkeen? He's the only one whose name I know..*hides face* I feel so ashamed!

LOL I'll look it up....which 1? *rolls eyes at self* I'm such a dork......lol *cheeky grin*  8)

*~*

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2002, 04:57:54 AM »
Daphne,

Angelfire doesn't allow its images to show up on sites other than their own.  Same goes for tripod.  :(

Offline Daphne

• Full Poster
  • C&B4E
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2002, 02:14:08 AM »
Midnite ascribed:

Angelfire doesn't allow its images to show up on sites other than their own.  Same goes for tripod.  

Blaaaah!!!!!!! AOL, Angelfire.....sheeesh this is just not workin' 4 me!! LOL but ty 4 the info Midnite :D

What about geocities?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2002, 09:12:57 PM »
Midnite ascribed:
Angelfire doesn't allow its images to show up on sites other than their own.  Same goes for tripod.

Ascribed... hee hee.

Daphne's
What about geocities?

Geocities images show up here.  I just checked to make sure.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2002, 11:43:07 PM »
Geocities images show up here.  I just checked to make sure.

Hmmm, I wonder when they changed that? Remember I used to store the montages for the first VN board on GeoCities and then one day I wasn't able to link to GeoCities anymore (so I moved them to Tripod, but the same thing began to happen there too).

It's funny that GeoCities no longer prevents images stored on their servers from being displayed on other hosts' Web sites. Something tells me that they wouldn't have dropped doing that because too many members complained because, by admitting they were trying to link to their GeoCities images from another site, they'd be admitting to violating GeoCities TOS rule against storage for remote loading. [winkb] And that rule is still in their TOS agreement - I just checked it. :-/ But if someone wants to try to get away with it, well, hopefully you won't get caught. [wink2]