Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0220  (Read 932 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0220
« on: May 28, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »
Robservations - #220

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0220

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:11 AM »
What an interesting piece of writing the breakup of Jason and Willie is.  It seems to be very consciously written to seem like the breakup of an amorous relationship.  "We always thought alike," Jason says.  And "I could say anything to you."  Neither statement is true.  Jason had been pretty annoyed with Willie before Barnabas changed him, and we had seen how ultrasensitive Willie could be to the slightest possible implication of an insult.  Jason is sentimentalizing the past, in a way that seems unlike Jason - but maybe there's no cost in doing so when the past is gone forever.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:09:27 PM »
On the other hand, we’re getting a broader sense of how close Jason and Willie have been.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 05:51:09 PM »
I agree, Janet. However evil Jason is and Willie was, it's truly sad to watch Willie's last link to normal human contact slip inexorably away. He's almost bent double as he follows Barn into the Old House. And when the gloating Barn looks around the Old House, it's enough to make me want to wipe that smug grin right off his face--that is, if I dared.   [ghost_shocked]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »
Willie revives after dark and Jason wants him gone. Yes it does seem that Jason and Willie are a cople breaking up. Willie reveals he has no future.  Barnabas has opposite plans where he tells Vickie he intends to live. Then Barnabas beckons Willie to come to their home from now on. So it appears that Barnabas has won Willie from Jason.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »
There are some ominous lines in the show. I can think that if you were seeing this for the first time they would scare you, or at least you would want to keep watching because you didn't know what was going to happen.

"You cannot put a price on what I intend to do there"  Very evil sounding. (The bangs are starting to show.)  "I must leave now I have an awful lot to do."  Do you think that people are starting to get hooked on him yet?

Vickie saying "the change in Willie is permanent."  That is foreshadowing, no pun intended.

Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate