Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0218  (Read 1381 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0218
« on: May 25, 2012, 12:04:24 AM »
Robservations - #218

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0218

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 05:20:13 AM »
I know this goes on throughout the years on DS. They don't refer to thier cousin as Barnabas, but Barnabas Collins. As if there is more than one Barnanbas around.

Money talks, eh, Roger?

I'm hoping this is the last we Barnabas wearing that hat.

Don't you love the look of shock on Liz's face when Roger tells Barnabas that they wouldn't consider charging him rent?

Loved the scene with Jason & Barn. You can tell Barn's having a hard time restraining himself from choking Jason.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 01:27:23 PM »
Barnabas knows the reason why Jason & Willie are at Collinwood but not the whole thing- only as much as Willie knows, so he probably doesn't know about the Liz & Paul situation.

Too bad we never got to see Willie explaining everything to Barnabas once he is released from the coffin.
In HODS, this apparently took place at the Blue Whale.  Here, it was most likely in the secret room.

Imagine Barnabas' reaction to seeing the the crowbar & pully on his mothers coffin, he must have been enraged at what Willie was trying to do.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 02:37:43 PM »
Janet, I think your wish may be granted. This ep. might be the last time we see Barnabas wearing a hat.

Roger's study seems to have migrated back to somewhere under the stairs.

When Elizabeth was shocked at Roger's casual dismissal of the idea of Barn paying rent, maybe it was because Roger mentioned it in the first place!  [ghost_grin]

Good point about Barn knowing only what Willie has told him. But I can't imagine that in HoDS Willie told Barn everything at the BW. I'm sure Barn beat the living hell out of him for daring to desecrate his family's mausoleum, and I can't see that happening at the BW.

Fun scene with Jason and Barn. Barn can't help boasting about how the "original" Barnabas outlived all his enemies. Jason asks Barn some leading questions about whether his ancestor was buried with his jewelry. "Let's just say that I do not like to see _crime_ encouraged, Jason explains blandly.  [ghost_grin] Barnabas assures him that the jewelry was disposed of when the "original" Barnabas was buried in England. Barnabas then leaves, thinking he has evaded Jason’s questions successfully--but Jason now knows that whatever Willie found in the mausoleum, it wasn’t jewels.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:28 PM »
Good point about Barn knowing only what Willie has told him. But I can't imagine that in HoDS Willie told Barn everything at the BW. I'm sure Barn beat the living hell out of him for daring to desecrate his family's mausoleum, and I can't see that happening at the BW.

There is an excellent tome out there entitled, "My Boy Willie" by Christina Pilz. It's all about what happened to Willie after he released Barnabas. I think it's available from Kathy Resch. (sp)
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 10:47:27 PM »
Barnabas's behavior is so very unlike that of the Barnabas whom we later come to know.  He's much more determinedly ingratiating.  I keep thinking, "His skin is smoother" and that may be the lack of vampire make-up, but it's also the effort to control his expression and keep anybody from knowing what he's thinking.

What fun to see an absorbing episode featuring four middle-aged people, with no bright young things in sight.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »
Interesting thought about Barnabas and how carefully he controls his expression as he navigates this new territory, "adrift in a sea of familiar faces," as it were.

What fun to see an absorbing episode featuring four middle-aged people, with no bright young things in sight.

Yes! That's one of my favorite things about the show!

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 02:32:44 AM »
Jason to Elizabeth, "The only ending for us involves the police.". Another great line.  This storyline reminds me of so many old Hollywood movies not unlike some Joan starred in. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 03:40:03 AM »
Jason is checking around for cigarettes or other debris. Did Barnabas dematerialize out of the secret room to behind the fence. Was he thinking that Jason would come in?

Barnabas is great at avoiding answering questions, he uses one of his own. No spikes yet, I guess he has to grow out his hair.

I never noticed before but the inverness doesn't have full sleeves at least this one. You can see the difference in cape and the suit material. I wonder if that is  why BC was always in a full suit.  There was never much casual wear for the men on the show. I can't imagine the look of just a shirt and tie and the inverness.

I love the verbal fencing between Jason and Barnabas. :)
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate