Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0217  (Read 1132 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0217
« on: May 23, 2012, 05:54:21 PM »
Robservations - #217

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0217

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 09:39:04 PM »
Jason observes that the skin on Willie's arm has "an odd gray tint, almost as if it were drained of blood." Evidently no one at Collinwood knows that blood circulates throughout the body.  [ghost_tongue2] But Jason does seem genuinely concerned about his scamming partner.

Vicki and Carolyn are in the foyer, standing under the portrait of Barnabas as Carolyn very perceptively describes the change in Willie: "It's almost as if he isn't Willie anymore. It's almost as if he's become a different person--an entirely different person. He's quiet--almost too quiet. He acts as though he's recovering from a terrible beating and he doesn't want to hurt anyone or to be hurt himself." It's too bad that her main business in life seems to be preparing for dates.

More great stuff from JK as Willie lies in bed pleading, Don't let it get dark again. Don't let it happen again. I'm scared. I'm scared.

Later, he arrives at the mausoleum, where the heartbeats that only he can hear have summoned him. He hesitates a long moment, then bows his head in despair. Then he pulls the ring in the lion's mouth.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »
What struck me about this episode in particular is how spiffy Dennis Patrick looks in that turtleneck sweater.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
 [ghost_grin]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 04:54:23 AM »
Jason's still not telling anybody that Willie visited Eagle Hill Cemetery.  It occurs to me that this is a nice way of making sure that nobody except for Jason has any head start on figuring out the original connection between Barnabas and Willie.  Also I'm wondering: is Jason hoping that there will be some profit to be gained in the future from whatever Willie's gotten himself involved in?  And a third thought: supposing it had been Jason who had unchained Barnabas, and who was now acting very, very strange...how would Willie - the pre-Barnabas Willie - have responded?

We're seeing a lot of interaction between Jason and Willie, but so far we've seen none between Willie and Barnabas, leaving all sorts of unspeakable possibilities open.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20:46 AM »
I like when Willie cries don't let it get dark I'm scared. Such a change one coulld almost feel sorry for him.
The heart beats again and Willie says he hears the calling and is coming. he pushes Jason away and roars off in the car. Jason apparently jumps into his own car if he has one or one of the Collinses and follows him. I wonder how Willie acquired his car?
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 01:34:43 PM »
I'm sure Barnabas had Willie buy the car. And I'll bet it isn't some old heap, either.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 02:44:13 AM »
Jason's still not telling anybody that Willie visited Eagle Hill Cemetery.  It occurs to me that this is a nice way of making sure that nobody except for Jason has any head start on figuring out the original connection between Barnabas and Willie.  Also I'm wondering: is Jason hoping that there will be some profit to be gained in the future from whatever Willie's gotten himself involved in?

Jason I think is looking to find his cut. I also picked up some things that I didn't pick up before.

I think it was the lighting and the acting that made Dark Shadows Spooky as JF said . I wonder if it could have been different, if it had been in color.  It reminded me of the old universal monster movies. It was the use of the contrast in the lighting that different. Most of set are really dark. Did other sets on other soap operas have such dark settings.

There was a car that was driven to the cemetery. I don't remember those sounds being used later in the show. The writers, there was a lot of walking around the grounds.  Driving to the cemetery just wasn't brought up much.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate