Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0215  (Read 1220 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0215
« on: May 22, 2012, 12:05:23 AM »
Robservations - #215

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0215

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 01:58:35 AM »
Apparently this is when the cow blood stuff starts.   On MPI's intro compilation tape, before they started selling uncut full episodes, they edited out all the references to the cows.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:57 PM »
The poor cows. They initially got no respect from MPI.  [ghost_nowink]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
I thought the whole calf thing was drawn out.

Blood expertly drainied... Now did Barnabas suck the blood out of the poor thing or did Willie use some sort of an apparatus to drain the blood?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
You mean we don't get to see the entire process on-camera?  Damn!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
I can't believe MPI originally removed all the cow references. How else are we supposed to start getting some idea of the enormity of Barnabas's crimes? Sheesh.

In the opening exterior shot (I think it’s actually an art card), the large sign on the roof of the Blue Whale is seen only this once.

This is Willie's first appearance after he opened the coffin, I think. Jason is genuinely horrified to see the blood on his sleeve.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
In the opening exterior shot (I think it’s actually an art card), the large sign on the roof of the Blue Whale is seen only this once.

The original sign is much more fitting to the building, don't you think?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:04:11 AM »
This is the first time I have watched on DVD so it makes sense that I hadn't heard before that the calf had two puncture wounds on the neck. And there was not a drop of blood in the body. Willie is so changed and his hands shake as he tries to drink. Jason notices the blood on Willies sleeve, but apparently hasn't heard about the bloodless calf and wondered if Willievmight be involved.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »
I really enjoy this episode.  It's so beautifully done.  Willie, who ran so freely up and down the stairs at Collinwood, now lacks the energy to do anything but just sit at the counter of the Blue Whale.  Even Burke starts to feel sympathy for him.

But...I keep being surprised that Willie's at the Blue Whale at all.  If I didn't know what was going on, I could explain it beautifully: Barnabas is continuously extracting the life force from Willie, and the only time Willie can utilize even the slightest bit of his own life force is when Barnabas is sleeping.

But that's not what's going on.  And so I wonder: why is Willie permitted a visit to the Blue Whale?

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
Good question, Lydia! I always thought this episode took place at night, after everyone (except Jason, of course) finished work for the day. Maybe Willie has already performed his goulish task for the evening and therefore is at liberty. If--as I think it is--this is the first time he's been to the BW since opening the coffin, he is probably desparate for some kind of human contact in town. Also, Barnabas may have lengthened his leash a bit to prepare the good people of Collinsport and those at Collinwood for the fact that Willie isn't leaving after all and is now working for him (B.C.).

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 02:25:58 AM »
Joe seemed quite weak in  this episode. Talking about the cows. Not that Barn was right to do what
happened to the cows. Barnabas should be glad that there was animal rights activist around during the 60's can you imagine what PETA would have done. :)

Jason knew something was wrong when Willie didn't take the money. Jason is skirting around the
cemetery and what happened there. This is how slow Soap Operas used to move.  What are they
in the third day since BC arrived.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate