Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0357  (Read 1066 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0357
« on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:31 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0357
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:40:40 PM »
I loved this show. Grayson was great. So mush a wide range of emotions.

I loved that fact that Tony came to the rescue. I surprised he didn't have a white horse. I great way to introduce a new character.  In a short time he will be a character that we love to jeer.

He thinks that Julia should take out a room in her own hospital.  Julia walks up to the admittance desk. "Sign me in, that an order. "

In these episodes  there is a well worn trail to the Old House.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:16:30 AM »
What can I say about this episode, Roger is uncaring and selfish! It doesn't seem to bother him much that one of his workers is using all his savings just to get by!  >:(

I love Tony Peterson. He doesn't easily give in to Carolyn's charms. He really feels sympathetic towards julia, and sincerely wants to help her.

Poor Julia, she's under so much stress, but at least she has someone who will keep the notebook hidden.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 09:21:53 AM »
This is the sort of episode that should have been in kinescope, what with Jerry Lacy playing Humphrey Bogart's type of character. I always maintain that Jerry Lacy isn't like Humphrey Bogart because I don't like Bogart and I do like Lacy - but the character of Tony Peterson was definitely designed with Bogart in mind, and clearly everybody thought that they had hit the bull's-eye with Lacy. It's just my good luck that I think they were wrong.

I've started thinking of Julia's notebook as the McGuffin - a Hitchcock thing, not a Bogart thing. (Was Bogart ever in a Hitchcock movie?) There it was - in the clock, in Julia's hands, in Tony's hands, on Tony's desk, under Carolyn's hands - as we held our breath waiting to see if Carolyn would get hold of of it, until finally it got locked into the safe.

Grayson Hall got the chance to let out a few of the stops today. I particularly liked it after Julia handed the notebook over to Tony, when her whole body relaxed.

I had forgotten which set was used for Tony's office. It's a favorite of mine because I like that wide arch.  With Sunny_Collins in mind, I was looking at the framed whatchamacallits on the walls. I'm no artist. Are they pen-and-ink drawings? Did the impecunious Peterson buy them at a flea market? And shouldn't a struggling lawyer have his diplomas hanging on the wall, or did I miss them somewhere? My father was a lawyer, but not struggling, so the only diploma he had hanging on his office wall was from his elementary school.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 04:58:30 PM »
when i first watched these episodes i thought that they had built a rather elaborate set for tony's office...

it made a bit more sense a few weeks later when it reappeared(refurnished of course)as the master bedroom at the old house during the 1795 storyline.it must have been built with that in mind.

later it shows up as both dr.lang's and nicholas blair's house.i forget if we see it again at a later point in the series.

since after 1795 the set is otherwise being occupied poor tony peterson gets stuck working out of his apartment...where else but room twenty four. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
That scene, when Tony asked Julia if Roger was giving Julia trouble, and Julia said something like, "Roger! Oh, I wish it were Roger!" I couldn't help but laugh when she said that! I'm sure I took it quite seriously the first few times I saw it. But now, after seeing all those Julia impersonators, it strikes me as funny. I  just think about the impersonators, and how well they did! It's so funny!  [lghg]

This episode was a great introduction of Tony Peterson. [cheer] I loved the way he was - sympathetic to Julia and not fooled by Carolyn! He looked so much like Humphrey Bogart, too. [luv]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »
This is the sort of episode that should have been in kinescope, what with Jerry Lacy playing Humphrey Bogart's type of character

I know this sounds whacky, but sometimes i will turn my TV to B/W on some of the DS episodes because of certain timelines or scenes...it just makes it more viewable that way.......but the color goes back up when Liz or any of the girls in DS come up with those vibrant color wardrobes..just beautiful
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.