Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0689  (Read 1275 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0689
« on: December 04, 2008, 06:27:54 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0689
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »
I loved the confrontation between Barnabas and David in the mausoleum, and the fact that Barnabas mentioned their last confrontation there.  Their positions were switched from the last time - previously Barnabas was the bad guy and David was the good guy, whereas today Barnabas was the good guy and David was being controlled by the bad guy - but their behavior was the same as before.

Why did Chris give Sabrina the key to his apartment?  It really makes me wonder about him.  He claims to be so horror-stricken at what he has done - but until Barnabas came along, he wasn't making much of an effort to stop it from happening.  It seems as though something very strange is going on in his subconscious.  Maybe the wolf persona doesn't entirely disappear from Chris when the moon sets.  I don't think we're supposed to think that.  I think we're supposed to think of Chris as a blameless innocent - but it just doesn't hold water.

The red light on Quentin's face was great.  It didn't make any sense in terms of reality, but who cares?  Blood red was the right color for him.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
Maybe Chris really, really likes surprise parties...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 11:21:17 PM »
Quentin is becoming bolder. Trashing the drawing room must be a warning to everyone that he is on the scene. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »
I think Q might be becoming stronger and more able to affect the physical world outside his bedroom, possibly somehow because of the Game or his interaction with the kids.   

It also occurs to me that the writers sometimes might not make the reasons for things clear because it was so hard to keep track of everything that had or had not been said already on the show.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 10:30:28 AM »
This was the first time we heard Quentin's evil laughter! Also, when Quentin burned David's arm, it was the first time that Quentin touched someone and hurt them. [milestone]

The scenes at the end of the show, when a laughing Quentin touched David's arm, were really scary!  I loved the blood red light on Quentin. It made him look even more evil! [santa_shocked] I really felt sorry for David when he was pleading, in vain, for Quentin to stop. [santa_cry] Both David's (Henesey and Selby) acting jobs were superb! [clap2] I bet David Selby really enjoyed playing a malevolent, evil ghost.  [santa_evil]

I loved the confrontation between Barnabas and David in the mausoleum, and the fact that Barnabas mentioned their last confrontation there.  Their positions were switched from the last time - previously Barnabas was the bad guy and David was the good guy, whereas today Barnabas was the good guy and David was being controlled by the bad guy - but their behavior was the same as before.
It's funny how things change. I enjoyed their scenes together. I was quite relieved when Barnabas stopped David from opening the secret room door. [whew]

Poor David didn't get any sleep.  I'm surprised he could stay awake for as long as he did, day after day.  [santa_rolleyes] I didn't stay up all night on purpose until I was in college, when I wanted to watch the sunrise with my boyfriend. I couldn't stay awake much longer than that, though!  [sleepy1]

----- Sally -----
[santa_cool] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 06:55:30 AM »
This was the first time we heard Quentin's evil laughter!

I'm noticing things on this viewing that I hadn't before.  One of them is the buildup of Quentin's laughter.

When the kids first locate his room and skeleton, the laughter they hear is creepy but subdued.  But by the time they return to his room following Madame Findley's death (with David's attitude in need of some of Quentin's special adjustment), his laughter has a bit more vigor.  And in this ep, his laugh has even more volume and gusto, and of course by next Friday's cliffhanger we'll get the all-out enthusiastic laughing that is featured in MPI's Scariest Moments video.  This certainly supports the theory some fans have expressed in this WP that Quentin becomes stronger as this Turn of the Screw storyline builds to its climax.

It's JMO, but I think we've heard Quentin's evil laughter before this point, though not at the volume or strength heard in this episode.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »
Why did Chris give Sabrina the key to his apartment?  It really makes me wonder about him.  He claims to be so horror-stricken at what he has done - but until Barnabas came along, he wasn't making much of an effort to stop it from happening.  It seems as though something very strange is going on in his subconscious.

Denial?