Author Topic: Chris Jennings  (Read 4230 times)

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Jennings
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2005, 11:17:28 PM »
Don Briscoe was originally cast in 1840 as Randall Drew.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 12:07:26 AM »
Don Briscoe was originally cast in 1840 as Randall Drew.

That's true!  I totally forgot about that!  I remember reading that years ago (possibly in one of the DS Concordances).  It would have been interesting seeing him in that role.
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 10:04:35 PM »
my favorite was chris jennings but i loved the naughty tim shaw too
i'm with you sandor  ;D but i really could care less who chris ended up with
Sabrina did stand by him but she was too whiny for me
i think he would have found a cure with the help of Barnabas,Julia and Quentin
had they returned to 1970. i think with some new young blood as well as old {heeheel} along with don B
the show could have continued  think it ended because Dan C became bored with it
i don't know if it was ever mentioned how his parents died

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Amy Jennings Fan

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2005, 06:53:05 PM »
I would have liked for Chris to find a cure his lycanthropy so he could become an architect and have Amy live with him. She did say that she wished she could live with him. She never did like Collinwood because it was too big and gloomy for her.
No Jesus, no peace. Know jesus ,know peace.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2005, 06:40:26 AM »
It's also interesting that Chris and Amy never got to acknowledge their Collins family blood ties. Technically, they were Jenny and Quentin Collins' great grandchildren. Around 1970, before the parallel time story began, I believe Quentin comforted Chris over passing the werewolf curse onto him, but it was a fleeting scene in the woods that deserved more airtime and poignancy.

Just had a thought: wouldn't it have been juicy if Chris had a secret affair with Elizabeth Stoddard?! And then have Carolyn discover the two of them in a clench?!  Soap operas always go for the "mother and daughter sharing the same man" angle, but DS missed the opportunity. 

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 11:01:23 AM »
I think it would have really been fun to have Julia seduce Chris, have a fling, and produce a scandal at Collinwood.  (Julia would have been finding herself attracted to him more and more - in the beginning, subconsciously, due to the incident with Tom).  Then their would be the whole thing of Barnabas' disapproval - mostly due to jealousy that he's not aware of at first.

Chris and Carolyn were a "nice" sort of couple, but something about the way she was with Chris sort of bugged me.  Actually, I don't think she was good enough for him.

Interesting about the Randall Drew thing.  He would have been perfect in that role.  (Only the role was too short-lived).

;D
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 09:18:39 PM »

Even if Chris somehow had the curse removed, Amy might still carry the lycanthropy into future generations.  It'd be interesting to see a scene where Chris tries to explan to an older Amy why she must never have children!  :o
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 09:16:39 AM »
(1) What is your favorite Chris storyline or time period?
      When he first arrived, I liked him and Carloyn together. I thought the scene when he changed into a werewolf was very scary.

(2) What would you have wanted for Chris if the character had stayed until the end, or what do you see what the writers could have done.
      I would have liked someone to remove the curse from Quentin, then Chris and Amy wouldn't be cursed anymore.

(3) Who would Chris ultimately end up with if it was your choice?
     Julia, then Barnabas could realize that he loved her but it would be too late.

(4) How did Chris' parents die?
     In a car crash.

(5) Would the show have lasted or been better in it's final years had Chris been present?
     Maybe, you never know.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 01:12:11 AM »
I have always wondered if Don Briscoe had decided to stay with the show until its end, if the show would have lasted longer.

Please answer the following questionarre.

(1) What is your favorite Chris storyline or time period?

(2) What would you have wanted for Chris if the character had stayed until the end, or what do you see what the writers could have done.

(3) Who would Chris ultimately end up with if it was your choice?

(4) How did Chris' parents die?

(5) Would the show have lasted or been better in it's final years had Chris been present?

Thanks for answering!

Konnie

1.When Chris first came to Collinsport.....**[spoiler]as a werewolf he certainly spiced things up....attacked Elizabeth, his cousin Joe, Carolyn, Carolyn's friend Donna[/spoiler]....also loved his scenes with Amy, especially the scene where he visits her at Windcliff (that was so sad and touching).

2.I would have to go with Chris finally finding a way to rid himself of the curse or his getting killed by a silver bullet....either way it would have settled Chris' odyssey instead of leaving it in limbo.

3.Carolyn. Never felt he and Sabrina had any chemistry. If he had stayed on I would have liked to have seen Chris and Carolyn get back together (assuming he ever did find a cure to the curse) **[spoiler]after Jeb got killed[/spoiler] and have Sabrina leave town.

4.Maybe have Chris' parents to be victims of the werewolf.

5.Can't say. I certainly would have liked to have seen Chris stay on until the end but I don't know if it would have made
any difference to the show. I doubt it would have.

**Edited by moderator

Offline MysticScribe

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 06:26:40 PM »
I know this is an old topic, but since Chris is one of my favorite characters:

1) My favorite is Chris' initial story line. I thought Briscoe really conveyed the inner torment and anguish of the character and several of the scenes with Amy were very sweet and organic. They really felt like a big brother/little sister.

2) I would have liked to see the Jennings acknowledged as Collinses and for Quentin and Chris to interact more. Even if not on screen, mention could have been made that the two spent some evenings talking. Which brings me to a rather radical thought. Had the show ended in present time, I would have wanted Chris to be cured, via Quentin. As controversial as it may be, I had the idea that Quentin, just as a full moon is rising, destroys his portrait and kills himself with a silver bullet. His sacrifice for his family permanently lifts the curse.

3) Leaving the actress out of it, I can't deny Sabrina was devoted to Chris, so she didn't bother me that much. After a point in the Leviathan era, she was really the only one helping him. It irked me that Julia tried to help Jeb through blood analysis, etc. and all she seemed to do for Chris was lock him in a padded cell at Windcliff. I did like Chris and Carolyn, though. I'm undecided, maybe someone else completely. Perhaps Chris kills Sabrina, which leads to Quentin's actions stated above.

4) I accept the car accident. It happens.

5) The show was already on the decline, but I think Briscoe could have added something to PT. I don't know how much his sudden departure changed the game plan down the line. I was sorry to see him go, but I don't think the show would have lasted longer or been markedly improved if he hadn't. 
"I think I'll just go into Collinsport and get drunk." ~ Tim Shaw

Offline Willie Loomis

• Senior Poster
  • willie rocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »

[ashamed3] [ashamed3] [ashamed3] [ashamed3][spoiler]lest we all forget that carolyn and chris are related, and don't we already have enough kooky Collinses around? [/spoiler] [easter_shocked]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 11:37:49 AM »
(1) I'm going to sidestep the question, I guess, and say that I prefer Tim Shaw.  He gets to be snide and sarcastic in a good cause (criticizing Greg Trask), he's dragged through the mud by Trask and Hanley, then unexpectedly gets revenge, he finesses his way out of a murder charge, and he alone manages the Hand.   Tim's story is a movie or novel all by itself.   Chris Jennings only gets to agonize over and over about being a werewolf.

(2/3)  It was of course disappointing that all that effort in 1897 didn't help Chris.   We want him cured.  I don't know if it would have been better dramatically, though.   It's interesting to have gone through all that in 1897, with its being a semi-failure.   

I think I like what apparently happened with Chris and Sabrina going away to deal with the curse together.   Would Carolyn ever have done something like that?    Sabrina is presented as the one who really is devoted to him, and I'm not going to argue with that.   Look what she went through, and still, she adjusts and recommits to him.   The only change I'd want is to have that part of the story actually shown onscreen, where they commit to each other, and plan their departure and life together (including a sturdy dungeon of some kind...).

(4) Don't know.

(5) Having DB there toward the end wouldn't have made lesser storylines better, but it would have been nice to have him there.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor