Author Topic: Witchcraft in Dark Shadows  (Read 2897 times)

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Witchcraft in Dark Shadows
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2005, 03:47:56 AM »
     Thank you, Pennydreadful and Gothick, I knew the character Count Petofi seemed very different than Nicholas Blair and Angelique.  This explanation helps clarify his source of power.  I enjoyed reading the historical details you included, too. 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »
My personal favorites of acts of witchcraft on the show:

[spoiler]1.Angelique puts the curse on Barnabas.

2.Before that, she caused him to nearly choke to death.

3.Angelique showing Josette a vision of herself as a vampire after Barnabas has made her his bride.

4.Nicholas turns Angelique's arm into a skeleton.

5.Nicholas taking away Angelique/Cassandra's powers, making her age.

6.Angelique causing Laura to age.

7.Petofi possessing Charity with the spirit of Pansy Faye (talk about blessing-in-disguise...Pansy was more outrageous, fun and likable than the uptight, self-righteous Charity).

8.Gerard/Judah Zachery taking away Angelique's powers for good.[/spoiler]

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 10:21:02 PM »
I enjoy most of the witchcraft scenes on the show though most of them were to achieve someone's evil goals, such as [spoiler]the love spell Angelique put on Josette and Jeremiah in 1795 to cause them to "fall in love" and run away together, therefore leaving Barnabas free for Angelique.[/spoiler]

The most mesmerizing witchcraft scene IMO is [spoiler]Angelique cursing Barnabas in 1795. The whole show hinges on this scene, this is where it happened. Everything else on the show is anticlimactical to this.[/spoiler]

The witchcraft scene I hated most I think (if I think more I might find another, but this one comes immediately to mind) is [spoiler]when Cassandra caused Sam to go blind during the Adam storyline. This was beyond cruel, it was just plain sadistic. To render the man blind temporarily in order to get her portrait back was one thing but she left him that way, meaning he would be blind for life, and unable to make a living. I hate her for this! >:( [/spoiler]

Alondra

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 10:29:44 PM »
I really like the aging stuff, Just think that the patience that the actors should have had in sitting in the make up chair.  I also the way that witchcraft was used by Mr Blair. Plus all the above.

[spoiler]Barnabas has used his skills a few times. I wonder if he learned his skills when in the coffin  ;)[/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 10:39:22 PM »
I really like the aging stuff, Just think that the patience that the actors should have had in sitting in the make up chair.  I also the way that witchcraft was used by Mr Blair. Plus all the above.

[spoiler]Barnabas has used his skills a few times. I wonder if he learned his skills when in the coffin  ;)[/spoiler]

Oh the aging was a hoot! Especially of Angelique. [spoiler]And it happened twice remember, first by Barnabas and then by Nicholas. I loved it both times. Though that first time included the scene I mention above when she cursed Sam with blindness that b-witch![/spoiler]

Alondra