Author Topic: DVD set 3  (Read 1387 times)

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
DVD set 3
« on: October 16, 2002, 11:52:58 PM »
Got mine today...so far they look great...Thanks MPI...any dates yet for Set 4? I think these may even look a bit better than the first 2

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: DVD set 3
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 12:26:37 AM »
The tentative release schedule has DVD Collection #4 being released next year on February 25th.

Glad to hear that you're enjoying Collection 3!

MPI

Offline Raholt

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 12:43:44 AM »
Can't wait for Volume 3 to come out for retail sale so I can get mine.  I'm enjoying rewatching these episodes on DVD.  Too bad it will be all the way until Feb, at the earliest, before Volume 4 is coming out.

Offline doombuggy69

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 06:07:14 AM »
I heard that the DS DVD releases will be bi-monthly, instead of quarterly starting February 25th. Can anyone confirm that from MPI for me. I hope it's true.  I hate waiting 4 months for my DS!

Also, if MPI is reading this I want to thank you VERY MUCH for the upgrade in quality on the DVD set #2.  I was very vocal last time on this board about the poor picture quality on set #1.  Set #1 contained way to much "artifacting" and noise when played back on my high quality SONY Wega TV. When I bought and played set #2, it was a major difference!  There was barely any "artifacting" and the picture quality improved over 75%!!!  Thank you very much MPI.  I hope that set #3 will be even better.

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2002, 01:59:43 PM »
That would be great news indeed if they could go bi- monthly starting in Feb...maybe if enough people ask politely it will happen...at this rate it will take about 7 years...I think set 3 does look even better...it is even more noticeable on the color eps which seem to have much brighter colors than the tapes...maybe MPI could post here about a timeline for the series...every 2 months for a new set would be great!

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2002, 04:22:52 PM »
I guess the celebrity chats coincide with the release of the sets. Perhaps there will be one scheduled in January???
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline mpi_marketing

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2002, 05:22:04 PM »
The tentative release schedule for next year has new DVD volumes being released bi-monthly beginning with Collection #4 in February.

The next web chat is tentatively scheduled for early December.  Details will be made available as soon as they are finalized.  Most likely this web chat will run off the redesigned MPI Home Video web site which will be debuting within the next 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for your inquiries!
MPI

Offline murph

• Full Poster
  • I love Dark Shadows!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2002, 05:31:41 PM »
Question for MPI............

Are there going to be any new interviews with cast members in the upcoming sets including set 3?  The first 2 sets had old interviews seen before.  Also, maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but I find the interviews on the first two sets very distracting with the constant cutting because all we see and hear is the person being interviewed.  We do not see or hear the person conducting the interview so we don't even know what the question was that the interviewee is answering.

Murph

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2002, 07:25:08 PM »
Memo to self :ask for Christmas present this year
to which husband will reply WHAT?
thanks for info
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2002, 01:31:44 AM »
Bi-Monthly next year!!! Thank you MPI!!!!Somehow between getting married and all I will be watching a lot of DS...

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2002, 04:21:05 AM »
between getting married and all

Wow, ksgemini!  I wish you all the best!!

Offline ksgemini

• Junior Poster
  • Angelique rules
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2002, 04:25:21 AM »
Thanks...second time for me...I think this is REALLY the one...I first watched Shadows when I was 6 or 7...now, at 39, I think I have to FINALLY admit Lara Parker is just not available! Seriously, this is a great forum and I like the fact that MPI checks in here every now and then...