Author Topic: FAB trip to PT and a Heartfelt THANKS!- OT  (Read 635 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
FAB trip to PT and a Heartfelt THANKS!- OT
« on: October 09, 2002, 04:18:47 PM »
Hello Everyone¢â‚¬¦

As the subject line indicates, this is technically OT but still involves the board itself to a great degree so thought I would go ahead and post a quick note.  I just want to say how grateful I am to have received the info a few weeks back - as announced by our own RingoCollins - about the current Paul McCartney concert!  The news of the upcoming concert had been announced on the local morning news that day and, though I was elated at first, I couldn't help thinking - geez, I'll never be able to get decent seats for this (whaaa!).  Later that morning, I logged in here and read Ringo's post.  Because of that early information and instructions on how to buy early online (I very rarely attend concerts these days and admit to being a doofus about where/when to buy) I was able to get some wonderful seats for this concert (and blast the cost because this was a once in a lifetime-been-longing-to-see-him since-I was-a-mini-kid-thing and worth every cent!).  

Well, the concert was this past Saturday and it was by far one of the best events I have ever attended - bar none!  I don't know about all of you but it seems that in my skeptical little mind I often can't help thinking that if I REALLY look forward to something it will never meet my expectations (to some degree I'm sure this was the result of growing up in the 60's & 70's) Well, not so in this case.  Sir Paul was everything I had always imagined him to be - absolutely amazing in every way - he still looks fabulous, sings great and has a stage presence like no other performer I've ever witnessed.  And this show rocked for a solid 3 hours! It was like being transported into another time zone (PT - Paul Time).  I kept thinking how surreal - I'm standing just a few rows away from the stage singing songs like "Michelle" and "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" with a true legend!  

I know we need to limit the times we go off topic here but I just had to say how much I appreciate the great information I've gotten through this board over the years - both DS related and the occasional very informative OT tidbit.  

Oh, and if you still have an opportunity to catch this concert do NOT hesitate!  

CastleBee
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: FAB trip to PT and a Heartfelt THANKS!- OT
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 09:30:05 PM »

Glad you had a great time, Castlebee! I haven't been to concerts since the 80's. Berlin (an 80's band) was playing here in Las Vegas, a couple of weeks ago, would loved to have seen them, but found out about it on the news, while it was going on, and couldn't go.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2002, 07:42:44 PM »
Glad you made it to the show - did ya see my bald head reflecting the spot lites??

I think Pauly has one of those 'portraits in the closet', along with TLATKLS!!!

Glad to be of service,
Ringo,
who will be returning to full time depravity here soon!!

Oh yeah, most of the venues DO have bars!
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 08:46:03 PM »
Castlebee
glad you had a good time he was on my list to see
but missed him!
Ringo see ya soon!
jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 12:15:19 PM »
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself Castlebee!  
Paul was always my favorite Beatle too!!

It's so good to hear that he still tours and of the many fans he still has!

Im glad also that he seems to have found some happiness again in his life after all he had been through after Linda's passing.  If anyone deserves it, it's him!:-)

"Calamity Jane"