Author Topic: Edward Marshall (Harry #2, Ezra) Sighting  (Read 630 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Edward Marshall (Harry #2, Ezra) Sighting
« on: October 08, 2002, 12:51:19 AM »
Okay Last night I was watching Archie Bunker's Place on TV Land. It was #5 "Edith vs. the Energy Crisis' and I saw Edward Marshall, who played Harry Johnson #2 in #669 & Ezra Braithwaite in #764!

In it, there is an energy crisis. Archie gets a fever during the middle of it. Edith calls Dr. Sydney Shapiro. He arrives, wearing a coat. He is played by Mr. Marshall. Anyway, he takes off his coat to reveal a disco/leisure suit! Edith was really surprised by this. He did have some funny moments in the episode. When he goes up to Archie Bunker's room, Archie, thinking he's Edith (he's half asleep), goes 'If you cared for me you would be in this bed with me', to which Dr. Shapiro remarks 'You'd rather not'. I thought Edward Marshall was pretty good in the episode!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Marshall (Harry #2, Ezra) Sighting
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2002, 01:55:29 AM »
I thought Edward Marshall was pretty good in the episode!

Yes and it is said that comedy is a lot harder than drama to perfect especially when you are working with two pros like Carroll O'Connor and Jean Stapleton. There must be accuracy in the timing of the line of dialogue.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2002, 03:35:17 AM »
I just read that George Wyner originally played the role Edward Marshall played. He played Dr. Shapiro in two episodes during the last season of All in the Family. I consider it to be funny since he had played a replacement for Craig Slocum only ten years before

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 04:22:11 PM »
George Wyner was better as Dr. Shapiro then Edward Marshall was.  He seemed more fitted to the role.