Author Topic: Mansions by the Sea in Maine?  (Read 1524 times)

Offline veryvenn

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Mansions by the Sea in Maine?
« on: June 03, 2004, 04:36:25 PM »
I know that  Seaview Terrace in Newport, R.I. was used as the exterior for DS. But were or are there any similar mansions built on the coast of Maine?

Offline MaineGirl

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Mansions by the Sea in Maine?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 11:32:47 PM »
I know that  Seaview Terrace in Newport, R.I. was used as the exterior for DS. But were or are there any similar mansions built on the coast of Maine?

Good question, one I've wondered myself. Been to Maine a few times to check it out. They do have big houses like Collinwood is, but they tend to be of a different style. The houses in Maine, built at a time such as Collinwood was to have been built, around 1795, are more traditional Federal style.

MaineGirl

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 02:03:32 AM »
Mainegirl....I guess you missed it. We were just discussing mansions, circa, architecture, etc.

My Dream Collinwood (or would we really want "purely American" 1790s architecture?)

Check it out!!!

Patti

Well Midnite, I tried!!!
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 02:13:26 AM »
Well Midnite, I tried!!!

Fixed it.  The bill is in the mail.  ;D

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 05:54:24 PM »
Hi Midnite:
I'm trying to print out the discussoin regarding the mansions (the link that takes us back to Raineypark's post) and it won't print. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to study the drawings and comments at my leisure.
Thanks
 ;D
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 07:32:12 PM »
I'm trying to print out the discussoin regarding the mansions (the link that takes us back to Raineypark's post) and it won't print. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'd like to study the drawings and comments at my leisure.
Thanks
 ;D

Hi, Miss_W,

The print feature seems to be working (the print page opens in a separate window, btw), but if you mean that you can't get the images in reply #1 to show up, all I can suggest is this--

Open a new page in MS Word or whichever software program you prefer
Return to the topic and place your cursor at the start of the text that reads, "If we're talking the most popular..."
Drag it until the entire post is highlighted, stopping at the end of, "has been restored/coverted into a culinary arts school.)"
Click Edit, Copy (or Control+C)
Return to the blank page and click Edit, Paste (or Control+V)
Print the page

You can do the same to any of the subsequent messages.

I have to say this in case other readers may not realize that we're talking about printing these for your own use, so please bear with me-- [disclaimer ;)]  DS Forums posts, including any comments or images, can be reproduced for private use only and many not reappear on a webpage, newsgroup, e-list, etc. without the written permission of the poster.  Even if the poster doesn't own a picture outright, it may have required their handiwork by nature of their having scanned, resized, captured, or somehow manipulated the image, and therefore reusing any image publicly or quoting a poster elsewhere without ASKING THEM FIRST is not allowed.  Thanks.  :)  [/disclaimer]

Hope that helped.  :D

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 12:01:44 AM »
 Midnite:
:o  Incredible as it seems, I entirely overlooked the 'print' command on the page and was trying to print from AOL. Duh! I appreciate your help. I did print. However, I did try to print out the pen & ink drawings by opening up a Word doc but the paste command was greyed out. No matter though I'm just happy to get the discussion printed out. Oh, this is totally for my own reading pleasure and don't plan on linking this anywhere else. Thanks again Midnite  ;D
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf