Author Topic: Nancy Barrett Will Be On Soapnet  (Read 3856 times)

David

Nancy Barrett Will Be On Soapnet
« on: October 15, 2003, 11:22:32 AM »
Soapnet's Ryan's Hope reruns are now in 1976 episodes, the year Nancy Barrett was on the show for a month.

They will be getting to her episodes any day now. Those with Soapnet, watch out for her!

Ryan's Hope, BTW, was done in the same studio as DS. Lela Swift, Sy Tomashoff, Ramse Mostoller and other DS crew folk worked on it!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Nancy Barrett Will Be On Soapnet
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2003, 06:39:01 PM »
Ryan's Hope, BTW, was done in the same studio as DS. Lela Swift, Sy Tomashoff, Ramse Mostoller and other DS crew folk worked on it!

I've always thought that was wild - and particularly loved it whenever parts of the Collinwood sets would show up  - as the church, of all things.  [lghy]

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 06:45:50 PM »
Caught the tail end of a special about 'Ryan's Hope' on Soap Net......turns out Lela Swift directed the very last episode....!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2003, 06:48:26 PM »
Caught the tail end of a special about 'Ryan's Hope' on Soap Net......turns out Lela Swift directed the very last episode....!

As she did with DS, too.  :'(

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2003, 12:32:32 AM »
Craig Slocum was on Ryan's Hope yesterday, and I taped it, was nice to see him in another role! He looked a lot different in 1976, just 2 years before his passing. 
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2003, 12:48:05 AM »
Craig Slocum was on Ryan's Hope yesterday

Really? I was a faithful viewer of RH but can't recall his appearance. Who did he play and how was he involved in the story?

He looked a lot different in 1976

Any chance of a screen capture or two?  [wink2]

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2003, 02:43:13 AM »
Craig Slocum was on as Jack Fenelli's friend Lou. Lou, Jumbo, and another friend agreed to go with Jack to help him get his wedding clothes. Craig was wearing a 70's leisure suit, and he had shaggy dark red hair. Some of his facial expressions reminded me of him on Dark Shadows. I want to get screen captures for my Craig Slocum Website, so when I get them I will let you know. I hope to do that soon. 
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2003, 03:10:49 AM »
I want to get screen captures for my Craig Slocum Website, so when I get them I will let you know.

Great.  [smlyg]

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2003, 03:11:26 AM »
I can't wait to see Nancy on Ryan's Hope. They start the July 1976 episodes next week (the first July episode was the episode in which Jack Fenelli and Mary Ryan got married), and I believe she makes her first appearance mid-July and continues on the show until some point in August. Soon afterwards, Catherine Hicks replaces her. Hicks then left in 1978 and was replaced with Karen Morris-Gowdy, who was fired in 1983 by the new producers. As you can tell, Faith was one of the characters who got recast a lot.

Someone on the SOAPnet board posted an article about Nancy from one of the soap magazines at the time. You could tell her time on it was really short because they wrote it right after she started on the show and it was published after she announced she was leaving.

I'm also glad to be getting completely rid of the first Faith - Faith Catlin. She was a horrible actress, IMO, so I'm glad to see someone else in the role.

I didn't know Craig Slocum appeared on RH either. I'm a week behind in watching the episodes, so I'll definitely look out for him.  :)

It's interesting seeing some bits and pieces of the DS set on RH. During the first few weeks of the show, I could've sworn that they used the same water fountain that was used on DS. I also believe that I saw Bob O'Connell (aka Bob the Bartender) on the show as a bartender at Ryan's. I'm not 100% sure if it was him, but it sure looked like him.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2003, 03:14:45 AM »
Someone on the SOAPnet board posted an article about Nancy from one of the soap magazines at the time. You could tell her time on it was really short because they wrote it right after she started on the show and it was published after she announced she was leaving.

Any chance of posting the link here for us so we can check it out?  [winkg]

David

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2003, 05:41:32 AM »
I missed RH yesterday. is anyone willing to make a tape of Craig's show for me? does he appear again?

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2003, 10:27:35 AM »
Craig Slocum was on as Jack Fenelli's friend Lou. Lou, Jumbo, and another friend agreed to go with Jack to help him get his wedding clothes. Craig was wearing a 70's leisure suit, and he had shaggy dark red hair. Some of his facial expressions reminded me of him on Dark Shadows. I want to get screen captures for my Craig Slocum Website, so when I get them I will let you know. I hope to do that soon.

Hi Cheryl,
   I watched the show also and got a chance to see Craig on the show.  I didn't know it was him until I heard his voice and then I realized it was Craig!  He looked alot different with the darker hair too and I liked the way it looked in the shaggy style. This was the first time I had seen him on a different show so it was nice seeing him in different roles.

Gosh, was it from 1976??  I remember watching the show back then and 1976 seems so long ago!  Since I was still in high school at that time Im trying to remember how the heck I managed to watch the show because I do remember when Jack and Mary were getting married.  And of course, we didn't have vcr's back then either.  I remember getting out of school early in the 11th and 12th grades so maybe this is how I saw it.  Oh boy, my memory is fading already!!! :-[

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2003, 04:23:46 PM »
I missed RH yesterday. is anyone willing to make a tape of Craig's show for me? does he appear again?

If you will pay for the price of a tape, and the postage I will glady make you one. Send me an IM, or an email.

Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2003, 12:02:46 AM »
Any chance of posting the link here for us so we can check it out?  [winkg]

Sorry, I was going to post it yesterday but I was in a rush while writing that post (and their site is loaded with Flash, so it takes a long time to load on this computer). Anyways, here it is!

Nancy Barrett: The Ryan's Hope Mystery (posted by krort02)
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 05:40:07 AM »
does he appear again?

Yes, Craig Slocum does appear again on Ryan's Hope, (May 1977), and there may be more episodes but I don't know for sure. I was going to post a photo, but couldn't figure out how to do it, when I previewed the post it was not showing.

Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan